It's Coming

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon' started by LtMatt81, Jun 1, 2015.

1. airfathaaaaa

airfathaaaaa Guest

a more sensible and normal benchmark..
    digitalstorm.com/unlocked/amd-fury-x-performance-benchmarks-idnum360/
    :)
    (http required at the beginning)

2. Fox2232

Fox2232 Guest

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    Seen that at morning. While single Fury X seems bit slower, it scales up nearly perfectly in CF. weird.

3. oGow89

oGow89 Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte RX 5700xt
  4. Ryu5uzaku

Ryu5uzaku Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6800 XT
    http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/amd-radeon-r9-fury-x,4196-5.html

The benchies are all over the place really... At toms fury x is beating titan x seriously in some benchies what am I missing here...

I read some other review same thing. The performance is all over place it seems to have loads of potential but something is messing up it totally. :D (drivers ;) )

5. AvengerUK

AvengerUK Guest

GPU:
    Titan X (Pascal) EK-WB
    Conclusion puts it with the 980 Ti performance levels.

and its more expensive... here in the UK anyway.

So yeeeeeeh

6. Cubemonkey

Cubemonkey Member Guru

GPU:
    Crossfire 7970s
    Based on:

Guru3d Review
    Overclock3d review
    HardwareCanucks review

I'm leaning 980Ti. We'll see what effect drivers and mantle have over the next month.

7. Ryu5uzaku

Ryu5uzaku Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6800 XT
    As I said some like 2 benchies :D else it lands with 980 ti nicely. And Fury costs more in Finland too. I said in another thread this card is a no buy really. It would be most pointless at my 1200p resolution considering the driver overhead.

8. Memorian

Memorian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Fury X is weak. I was expecting more..So ''much'' for the HBM..

9. Ryu5uzaku

Ryu5uzaku Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6800 XT
    If one is considering between 980 ti and Fury X it all comes down to are you playing on 1440p+ and which one costs more.... One thing about the Fury X is tho small form factor and those temps!

Oh and Fury X is far from weak, the drivers for sure are weak that is pretty darn apparent after we get to 4K res ._.

10. Anvi

Anvi Guest

GPU:
    R9 390 8GB
    If end users end up getting cards with the same issues, then I'd not buy even if it was much cheaper than current MSRP.

Bad overclocking, losing to 980Ti in overall performance and release sample issues are really bad PR. I hope AMDMatt is delivering the news to AMD devs..

11. Toss3

Toss3 Guest

GPU:
    WC Inno3D GTX 980 TI
    Pretty much in the same boat as you, especially considering nvidia is bundling batman arkham knight with the GTX 980 ti. Just need to see what these can do without the voltage limitation.

Would appreciate if anyone else could chime in, but wouldn't Windows 10 improve the performance of the Fury X, making it more competitive with the GTX 980 ti? :3eyes:

12. Ryu5uzaku

Ryu5uzaku Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6800 XT
    I am really hoping to see how it really overclocks. Somehow I ain't expecting much but locked voltage atm does not give leeway... Not getting it or 980 ti or titan x for that matter lol. But competition is what we need.

13. Toss3

Toss3 Guest

GPU:
    WC Inno3D GTX 980 TI
    I guess it's because tom's didn't use the latest drivers from AMD and Nvidia.

14. pharma

pharma Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Strix GTX 1080
  15. Fox2232

Fox2232 Guest

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    Maybe read users reviews on steam for Arkham Knight. You will not even get that Harley. but instead you'll get pretty messed up unplayable game (yes, with that powerful GPU, you'll run it on medium/high without gameworks and still stutter)

If you go for that card, make sure to get one without this game. do not support such broken games.

16. Zemial

Zemial Member Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Radeon 7970 @ CF
    I read the reviews. My overclocked 7970 CF wipes the Fury x @1920x1080 in many games. Well, I gonna drink my savings this year and wait another year,maybe hbm2 and 16nm will arrive then.(+30" 4k monktors decent prices).

17. PrMinisterGR

PrMinisterGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 3090
    That points to driver issues with the Fury actually.

18. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    Nvidia pays for the game, so they would be supporting it.
    A massive case of biting off your nose to spite your face if anyone went for a 980ti without Batman AK.

As for FuryX, I think it look like a great card but I had lowish expectations, it not like you need a 4k screen to have a need for 4k when a lot of us use VSR/DSR .

19. Fox2232

Fox2232 Guest

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    I look at it this way: "So you have decided for this wonderful ferrari, sir. As bonus to your purchase we will fill your trunk with toxic waste."

Or, you buy some vegetables and guy at counter tells you: "We are happy that you shop with us, so we have prepared for you this special pack of rotten potatoes."

20. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    Your looking at it very wrong then.

It would be a Ferrari that ships with free but broken tech, it might be fixed, but if not you can sell or give it away.

Your veg analogy is way off though.