AMD Driver DLLs Repository and Performance Survey

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by PrMinisterGR, May 30, 2015.

1. kn00tcn

kn00tcn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    570m / MSI 660 Gaming OC
    i'm not so sure, i even see dx9 games in these dlls, so to be safe i always put BOTH of them in (cfx & dxx for dx10+)

2. theoneofgod

theoneofgod Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 8GB
    I use both so I don't need to think too much about it :D

3. PrMinisterGR

PrMinisterGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 3090
    It can't really harm, truth be told.

4. Mrwhiterx7

Mrwhiterx7 Guest

GPU:
    3 x Sapphire 290 4gb
    Using 1040 base with 15.15 dll's in win 8.1 with my 290's clocked at 390x speeds I'm only 100 points under in Firestrike Ultra UHD :D

still testing games. W3 seems to run very well at 4k so far. WOOOO!

5. MrIGM

MrIGM Guest

GPU:
    CZXZXC
    1040 doesnt work with my The Witcher 3.
    Trix r9 290
    15.5 beta
    win 8.1 most updated.
    i use atidxx64.dll

game just doesnt start, screen goes black and instantly closes tw3.exe
    got none of the programs mentioned on first post that may interrupt this file.

Edit:
    Strange enough game does run with atidxx32.dll, altho my windows is obviously 64 bit and i put the atidxx64.dll in my x64 folder in TW3 directory.

what could cause this? and btw no improvement at all, at least with atidxx32.dll.

Last edited: Jun 22, 2015
  6. kimpet

kimpet Member

GPU:
    Powercolor R9 270X Devil
    which driver best for gta V?

7. PrMinisterGR

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 3090
    It doesn't "work" with atidxx32.dll. It loads fine because the game is not even asking for it and you then proceed to play with the installed 15.5. If you don't mind me asking, is there a specific reason you are using the 15.5 betas? Also, just to be sure, put all the four files in the game's bin folder.

8. MrIGM

MrIGM Guest

GPU:
    CZXZXC
    Well because 15.5 beta is the driver that is optimized for tw3.... so thats why :p
    and i tried puting all 4 files in there, and nothing changed. :bang:

9. PrMinisterGR

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 3090
    By putting dll from other drivers in the game, you basically negate the installed driver. That's the whole point. If it's only for that, just install 1040. It already contains the Witcher optimizations.

10. Romulus_ut3

Romulus_ut3 Master Guru

GPU:
    NITRO+ RX5700 XT 8G
    PRMinisterGR, with the help of Wagnard, or some other programmer, won't it be handy to have a tool like AMD driver injector? A tool that will automate the process of injecting and removing specific version of driver .dlls from the directory of the game of your choice? The tool can be made to work something like this: It will have four separate folders for four different APIs, like a folder for DirectX 9, a folder for DirectX 10~11, a folder for OpenGL and a folder for mantle, which it will use as a library. Within the Library, each subfolder name will represent the driver version, so that it'll be as easy as just to extract your repository to the respective folders. For further identification of driver files, a CRC32/MD5 hash check can be implemented so that it'll be possible to tell which version of driver is currently being injected to the desired game. And of course, the application must have the ability to inject the desired version of the driver to the location of the binary of the game title of your liking, and have the option to remove them as well. Is this a bad idea?

11. Mrwhiterx7

Mrwhiterx7 Guest

GPU:
    3 x Sapphire 290 4gb
    Should I use 15.6 dll for Batman on my 1040 driver?

edit: 15.6 not available yet it seems :)

Last edited: Jun 23, 2015
  12. theoneofgod

theoneofgod Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 8GB
    1040 will be a better overall driver. I'd wait for the dll's to be posted by Pr and just use them for the game only.

13. Mrwhiterx7

Mrwhiterx7 Guest

GPU:
    3 x Sapphire 290 4gb

Thanks, that's exactly why I asked. 1040 has been so awesome I didn't want to switch if not needed :D I'll try to wait... but the game unlocks for me in just over 2.5hours :banana:

14. PrMinisterGR

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 3090
    Sorry for the delays guys, I had a power problem in the building. I'm downloading the 15.6 drivers now, and the DLL will be up as fast as possible.

15. Mrwhiterx7

Mrwhiterx7 Guest

GPU:
    3 x Sapphire 290 4gb
    I'm currently using the dxx64.dll from 15.6 on my 1040 drivers for batman. Works great! :D

16. PrMinisterGR

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 3090
    I would recommend the dll from the 15.15-Arkham.Knight set. It has the optimizations and it is from the decent driver set.

17. Passus

Passus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4070 Gaming X
    hi guys, im playing fallout new vegas and using the 15.6 drivers but i get fps drops in doors and some stuttering that does not happen outside

can anyone recommend and good driver version for my 280 and the game?

18. PrMinisterGR

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 3090
    Having an online repository with files that AMD gives for completely free, is very different legally from distributing those files with other software. A simple copy paste is all that is required anyways.

Start by trying the 14.12 DLL, and then go as back as you dare without the game hanging. The original Catalyst hotfix for this game was 10.10c, but it's way to old even for me to upload, and it wouldn't work 99.9%.

19. Passus

Passus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4070 Gaming X
    Thanks mate will try em out, im using 1023.5 dll's with catalyst 15.6 on fifa 15 and they work really good

20. theoneofgod

theoneofgod Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 8GB
    1040 or 1023.5 for GTA V which do you guys prefer?