NVIDIA Driver 353.06 with Kepler fix is OUT

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by moab600, Jun 1, 2015.

1. PGHammer

PGHammer Guest

GPU:
    nVidia GTX550Ti 1024MB
    Driver Update

There are updates for both Forceware 353 series AND GFE.

First up is Forceware driver 353.30 - this isn't just a Game-Ready driver (Batman: Arkham Knight), but a Windows 10 IP-ready WHQL driver. Second - far fewer Fermi GPUs should need mods to use these drivers (for example, the GTX550Ti is now supported directly, which was not the case with Forceware 353.12 - I had to mod the drivers). Second is a new completely separate update for GFE (replacing 2.5.44, which came with Forceware 353.12).

So far, there is one bug - in the installer (the installer will appear to hang, thus forcing a restart at some point). However, the driver actually installed correctly, despite that.

2. kens30

kens30 Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3070 GAMING OC
    I have been reading this thread from the very beginning.

I fully understand that everyone that bought a high end kepler gpu is mad at Nvidia.
    From the way i see it Nvidia is becoming the new M$ with their tactics and marketing decisions.
    Just because AMD are going downhill and want to sell of their GPU division,
    Nvidia is taking advantage of this in every way they can.

Titans that cost 1,000-2,000$ neglecting kepler with their drivers to make enthusiasts to keep upgrading all the time.
    Plus working closely with the developers to make games run very bad unless you have dual titans in sli.
    Anyway it us up to us the mass users have control (like voting) to STOP buying their insanely overpriced gpus to make them put their mind together.

If we don't do something this will keep going on until AMD catches up in about 2 years.
    I personally don't care and am sticking with my 770 with lower settings frame cap to 30 and i game just fine.
    (Not really saying that every game runs well) but i only use an xbox controller and don't have high expectations anymore.

It will take a long time until things settle down at least 2 years until AMD catches up and to stop buying bad console ports.

Last edited: Jun 24, 2015
  3. GanjaStar

GanjaStar Guest

GPU:
    MSI 4G gtx970 1506/8000
    @Manuel G

Is nvidia aware of the AC unity helix missions graphical corruption with any driver post 344 set?

Only happens in helix missions, looks like gpu overheating kind of, but happens to a wide variety of people with different GPU's, and going back to older drivers fixes it.

This has gone unfixed for a long time now.

You can see it here(not my video):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=dO-1yRomecY#t=68

and here(not my screenshot)

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 25, 2015
  4. BananaRepublik

BananaRepublik Member Guru

GPU:
    Galax RTX 2080ti
    By the looks of things, they have caught up.

5. kens30

kens30 Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3070 GAMING OC
    That's not what i meant, in performance with Fury X they have.
    They are still using the same architecture, they just packed it with more shader processors.

The only thing they could do to compete is introduce the new 1st revision of HBM to reduce power consumption.

Just imagine if they where still limited to GDDR 5 the Fury X TDP would be insanely high.
    Heat is their main problem that's why they are using liquid cooling.

What AMD needs is to work on a new architecture and when 16 or 14nm is ready they could pack it with the next revision of HBM 8gb and they should be ok.

6. bigosik

bigosik Guest

GPU:
  7. aufkrawall2

aufkrawall2 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7800 XT Hellhound
    I measured that a 980 (1420/4000) is ~18% faster in the woods than a 780 Ti (~1200/3600) without HW. With HW, the gap shrinks to ~15% advantage for the 980.
    This is not untypical: In Trine 2, the 980 is 20% faster than the 780 Ti, even though it's an old DX9 game.

8. bigosik

bigosik Guest

GPU:
    If someone find a review where 780ti is clear slower than 290 please post.
    Manuel from NV said if we have performance problems with Kepler we should report it.

I'll pass it to nv then (Forum)

THX

PS:
    I personelly dont have any problems. I dont play witcher 3, that is not my sort of thing.:sleep:

The newest driver is a dream for Asseto Corsa.
    24 cars on the stage and steady 60FPS (V-Sync), with the last one i had 55fps from time to time.

Everything under 60Fps is not acceptable at least for me.:approval:

Last edited: Jun 25, 2015
  9. caleb59

caleb59 Master Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 RTX 3070 8GB
  10. bigosik

bigosik Guest

GPU:
    As i said i dont have the game so i can post only what i found
    This is the newest benchmark and 780/780TI is still far behind 290/x

You playing on "Ultra" ? THX

11. caleb59

caleb59 Master Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 RTX 3070 8GB
    Yes I'm playing on Ultra (Textures, Shadows, Foliage Visibility on High), 1680x1050, AA off - 45-50-60fps...

12. Bradders684

Bradders684 Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 980 Ti GAMING
  13. siriq

siriq Guest

GPU:
    Evga GTX 570 Classified
    I think all TDR is voltage related because i use my vga with over voltage. I got zero problem if i apply my regular + 0.043 volt on gpu.
    Any word on Fermi beta DX 12 driver? I would love to test it.

14. Yxskaft

Yxskaft Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX Titan Sli
    The latest Windows 10 driver, 353.30, now supports the 400/500 series.
    The previous Windows 10 drivers available for download had no official support for Fermi.