Batman: Arkham Knight performance, driver, and issues.

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by oGow89, May 27, 2015.

1. vejn

vejn Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI 7870 TF3
    I think it's a marketing trick just to buy new cards.

2. Krelianz

Krelianz Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 290x
    Worry not!

"You can now download the GeForce 353.30 driver as released by NVIDIA. Just in time for the highly anticipated title Batman: Arkham Knight this new GeForce Game Ready driver ensures you'll have the best possible gaming experience."

Oh wait, wrong brand, just wait a month or two, how dare you want to play games at release.

3. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    Should go read the threads on those, fantastic drivers by all accounts :p

4. Krelianz

Krelianz Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 290x
    Yeah, the witcher 3 running like crap on high end amd cards and fluctuationg between 30 and 60 fps and making people cap the game at 30 fps was totally normal for high end cards.

5. oGow89

oGow89 Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte RX 5700xt
    I lol'd specially your profile pic says it all with emotion :D

6. afaque

afaque Member Guru

GPU:
    x1300/g210/hd5750/r9280x
    And for all those ****ting on Amd Gpus and drivers, This is nvidia ****works, thats designed to gimp performance on Amd gpus, This is nothing new to me, because all the games that i play without ****works in it are running perfect without any hitch these days, only ****works is bad, and do all of u even know that developers using ****works arent even allowed to share the game information with amd until release??
    And thats been proven now, this year two titles that get released with ****works are broken on amd hardware, really hating n****ia ****works now, was eagerly waiting to preload the game and now im all stressed that wtf is ****works doing to pc gaming industry.

7. PrMinisterGR

PrMinisterGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 3090
    One example? I play at maxed 30 with a relic.

8. afaque

afaque Member Guru

GPU:
    x1300/g210/hd5750/r9280x
    one big thing was hairworks, which was designed to gimp amd performance, and ull see after some days when the game launches, there will be extra ****ty stuff in game that will have no use in game but will be there to show that Amd hardware has low performance, and amd customers will be getting ****ed again, and the problems that im talking about are? for example stupid 64x tesselation in the sky lol..

9. niczerus

niczerus Guest

GPU:
    MSI GamingX 580 4GB
    We are really really ****ed :banana:

10. oGow89

oGow89 Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte RX 5700xt
    Now i want to see a tessellated sky :(

11. Dana Scully

Dana Scully Guest

GPU:
    Amd r9 270 X2
    Amd could have easily explain, what's about gameworks that doesn't allow w3 to play properly without hairworks - with examples to confirm the case I'd preferred. Instead I saw some guys telling me about how hairworks would work properly in future, I don't buy this.

12. afaque

afaque Member Guru

GPU:
    x1300/g210/hd5750/r9280x
    i watched the live cast once six months back in which their marketing director was talking about gameworks, and he said that they arent given any information about the game works titles before the game is released, because of nvidia contract with the developer, so we see performance gimped pretty bad on amd gpus

13. Dana Scully

Dana Scully Guest

GPU:
    Amd r9 270 X2
    In that case, you inform the customers properly what's going on and you centralize some resources to produce closer to playable drivers for at least weekly to such titles like w3 that makes people to buy new gpu's.

14. Atlas

Atlas Maha Guru

GPU:
    290 x2, Saphire reference
    You know the PS4 an xbone have AMD gpu's right?

On PC it is a matter of wanting to play games at maxed out settings and a minimum of 60 fps or at least an average of 60 fps. i don't mind turning nvidia hairworks and such off, but then I do expect to run a game at 60 fps on a high end cf configuration in 3440 x 1440.

15. zer0_c0ol

zer0_c0ol Ancient Guru

GPU:
    FuryX cf
    From the 353.30 patch notes. This looks fun.

*** [SLI, Batman: Arkham Knights] With a 4K display, a TDR occurs after the in-game resolution is toggled and the application is exited. [200116725]

*** [SLI, Batman: Arkham Knights] Heavy flickering occurs in game after Alt+Tab if SLI is enabled. [200116723]

*** [SLI, Batman: Arkham Knights] Severe stuttering seen, especially in indoor scenes, when the game is running at 4K resolution and NVIDIA Gameworks settings are turned on. [200116722]

*** [SLI, Batman: Arkham Knights] Random flickering occurs in the game if SLI is enabled. [200116717]

*** [GM206, SLI, Batman: Arkham Knights] Stuttering occurs and performance drops after shadow quality settings are toggled. [200116694]

*** [GK180, SLI, Batman: Arkham Knights] When SLI is enabled, a crash points to ntdll.dll shortly after the game is exited. [200116717]

something tells me nvidia sli users are f...

16. Atlas

Atlas Maha Guru

GPU:
    Lol, similar to any AMD changelog for TW3 ;) And this is supposed to be a Nvidia title?

17. zer0_c0ol

zer0_c0ol Ancient Guru

GPU:
    FuryX cf
    lol

rocksteady botched the pc release

18. theoneofgod

theoneofgod Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 8GB
    You do know the PS4 doesn't use DirectX?

19. Atlas

Atlas Maha Guru

GPU:
    Who gives a ****?

Edit: so the hardware is capable?

20. Noisiv

Noisiv Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2070 Super
    so... the only consolation for all around god-awful AMD performance in the newest AAA title are SLI issues identified and published by Nvidia itself

gloating over lack of SLI polish on day 1, while we can't run single GPU configs??
    wow rly, are we that pathetic?