Batman: Arkham Knight performance, driver, and issues.

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by oGow89, May 27, 2015.

1. sammarbella

sammarbella Guest

GPU:
    290X Lightning CFX (H2O)
    I prefer a non perfect solution if the alternative is NOTHING.

It's similar when they say "VSR is the better downsampling solution"

Better than what?

If there is only avalaible and fully supported at 4K on ONE AND ONLY GPU it can't be better than a solution fully supported at 4K on 35 GPUs (Nvidia)

Even GeDoSaTo is better than VSR where there is no VSR.

I play Dark souls II at 8K downsampling to 1080p with it including CFX: GEORGEOUS!

The shutdown of RP by a close AMD partner who provide us the bundled crapware is a SHAME.

AMD should spend a little money and hire him or FORCE his partner to let him add RP features to the Game Evolved crapware ASAP.

Last edited: May 28, 2015
  2. oGow89

oGow89 Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte RX 5700xt
    Oh no, this thread ain't dying yet....

3. Jackalito

Jackalito Master Guru

GPU:
    Radeon RX 6800 XT
    Not until this game gets officially released will this thread set on fire! :flame2::flame2::flame2::flame::flame::flame:

4. oGow89

oGow89 Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte RX 5700xt
    It is time to revive this thread again.

5. theoneofgod

theoneofgod Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 8GB
  6. MaxBlade

MaxBlade Master Guru

GPU:
    980Ti/970/390/+ more
    Ever have this happen.. Your reading ..reading reading.. get towards the last post and .. what was this thread about? No really .. haha

7. PrMinisterGR

PrMinisterGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 3090
    To be fair to them, with the exception of maybe Project CARS, no "big" release lately had any kind of driver problem on AMD hardware. Titles that had CFX problems, had similar problems with SLI, as far as I understood by a walk in the NVIDIA forums.
    I don't know which engine the Batman game is using, but if it is a variation of the Unreal 3.5 engine, then 99% it will run well without any specific driver.

8. oGow89

oGow89 Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte RX 5700xt
    To be fair, no news about optimization drivers have been released, and all we had till now are updated profiles, that are usually intended for crossfire setups. A month a go i would have argued that games run quite well on amd compared to what nvidia hardware, but even in the witcher 3, the gtx 970 has since seen an increase in performance in comparison to the r9 290x and that is whilst hairworks is off. And for those that keep arguing that they seen better performance with the modded drivers, please i've tested each one of them and saw not one single fps more, aside from the texture and shadows flicker, and the stutter with the witcher 3. Those who noticed better performance are either cfx users, tahiti gpus owners or it was just a placebo effect.

Sure you can say, well the next gpus are about to be out this week and along with that we surely will see a new driver. Well whatever suits you, i think amd is just way behind and soon, that 30% of amd customers will even go lower. Market is about establishing leads and winning the confidence of the buyers. Dirty or not, nvidia has wowed many with their 970 and 980ti, and i doubt those people would look into amd the next time around.

Anyways i for sure haven't seen any improvement with any drivers since i bought my card which was around the release of the omega driver.

9. zer0_c0ol

zer0_c0ol Ancient Guru

GPU:
    FuryX cf
    the new whql driver is on its way anyway

and do we really need to open these kinds of topics every time a triple A title is coming out?

Last edited: Jun 15, 2015
  10. oGow89

oGow89 Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte RX 5700xt
    Yes my dear :D At times, the only way to get your attention is to start a flame war.

11. zer0_c0ol

zer0_c0ol Ancient Guru

GPU:
    FuryX cf
    hahahaha but but u can buy me with food dammit

12. oGow89

oGow89 Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte RX 5700xt
    So the saying still applies, the way to a mans heart is through his stomach. :p

13. niczerus

niczerus Guest

GPU:
    MSI GamingX 580 4GB
    Nvidia release a driver for this game , amd release something ?

14. Jimdriver2

Jimdriver2 Guest

GPU:
    R9 280X x2 Crossfire
    Wasn't hard to see this coming...

Also they've made this quote:

"We also want to note that there are some known issues with the performance of Batman: Arkham Knight for PC owners using AMD graphics cards. We are working closely with AMD to rectify these issues as quickly as possible and will provide updates here as they become available. We thank you for your patience in this matter."

Source: https://www.pixeldynamo.com/news/ga...-amd-card-issues-system-requirements-updated/

This is going to go just like The Witcher 3, performance will be terrible on release and for some days after that until we get a stopgap driver that will mildly help, probably just getting rid of massive issues. Then if we're lucky a couple of months down the line we'll get a proper driver that has only slightly important things like CFX working properly. (As we all know we've still not reached that point yet with The Witcher 3)

As someone who was stupid enough to spend approx £500 with AMD over the last 18 months (on 2 x 280X) all I can say is this:

Good bye AMD, good bye.

15. PieEyedPiper

PieEyedPiper Master Guru

GPU:
    RX 580
    I find that really quite extraordinary. Can't wait to see if its true. Sounds wild for minimum specs.
    However, I don't meet the system reqs. for TW3 but I have a very smooth game experience so it will be interesting how that unfolds.

EDIT: Thanks for the link, Jimmy.

16. Serotonin

Serotonin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 4080 16GB
    Getting the PS4 version to avoid all the issues AMD will have and the months following it will take to get them fixed.

Next GPU upgrade will be nvidia, AMD drivers are complete garbage. Here come the "see ya" "good bye amd doesn't need you" etc - but deep down, even the most rabid AMD fan knows that the driver support is a complete joke.

17. oGow89

oGow89 Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte RX 5700xt
    And there was everyone saying, it is too early to start a thread about the game one month before release. A day before release, they acknowledged that there are issues running the game on amd gpus.

18. Eero

Eero Active Member

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Maybe next month.

19. Noisiv

Noisiv Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2070 Super
    Yeah. Every so often we get a newbie, mostly in the News subforum with a wall-of-text exposé about how he has owned bunch of NV/AMD cards, starting in 19th century.
    And it is his experience that both driver teams are just as equally good/bad. I mean they are indistinguishable like they are twins - some really amazing stories.

As for drivers next we should get 15.15, 15.20 WHQL, or was it 15.30
    btw what happened to second digit representing month?

20. oGow89

oGow89 Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte RX 5700xt
    Now it is a quarterly release ;) I guess the next one will be 15.45 :p