Made me laugh Fury vs Titan home made youtube vid

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon' started by mtrai, Jun 21, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mtrai

mtrai Maha Guru

GPU:
    PowerColor RD Vega
  2. primetime^

primetime^ Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire RX Vega 64
    Spoken like a true pathetic fanboy troll....you should be proud!!!

3. Fox2232

Fox2232 Guest

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    Read your post again and now replace 970 SLI with r9-295x2. And any GPU from nVidia.
    Now, realize how absurd statement you made.

As for the high price. Do you get that it is consequence of transistor count in chip therefore area it takes on wafer?
    People want more, people get more. From both AMD and nV.

Edit: And you may not be fanboy. But then, way you write is inexcusable as it is downright toxic and full of hatred.

Last edited: Jun 21, 2015
  4. thatguy91

thatguy91 Guest

Yeah, you.

Let's face the facts. The reason why they are rebrands this time around is because the 20 nm process was a fail (TSMC/Globalfoundries side, not AMD's). They simply did not have the time (especially) or the capital to go and backport the 20 nm tech to the 28 nm process. Instead they concentrated on the Fury cards.

If the 20 nm process wasn't a failure, AMD would probably be sporting 20 nm GPU's now and Nvidia would likely still be on 28 nm, seeing as to when the first 900 series cards came out. It would be interesting to know what Nvidia fanbois would try and claim then!

The difference between AMD and Intel or Nvidia is that they're the underdog. AMD bring out a bad CPU and have it around for a couple of year and it's the end of the world, doom and gloom etc. Intel bring out a bad CPU (Pentium IV, the original Celerons etc), and people go and buy them anyway.

You would have to be someone that either sticks their fingers in their ears and go lalalala, or be a fanboi, to claim that there was nothing wrong with the original Pentium IV's for the Celerons. You would also have to be a Nvidia fanboi to want AMD to do badly, since if AMD does badly, Nvidia prices go up. It's like 'Hey I'm an idiotic Nvidia fanboi, I want to pay more for less!'. Competition is therefore essential, whether it is Intel and AMD for CPU or Nvidia and AMD for GPU.

If Nvidia did the same and bought out a card that is only 5 percent faster, Nvidia fanbois would still jump at the chance of purchasing it, without complaint.

The second thing about competition is it drives innovation. You can see it already, AMD aren't a threat CPU wise, so Intel CPU's haven't really progressed as much as you would normally assume. Look at some of the prices that were floating around for the Skylake desktop processor that's expected upon release. This would only get worse if AMD left the game. The same goes for GPU.

Here's a thought. Where would DirectX 12 and OpenGL Vulkam be today if Mantle never existed? The answer is, they probably wouldn't exist. These are core to the future of PC gaming, since it makes gaming more affordable to more people (they don't need a high end CPU etc). So it's interesting that in a way, Nvidia's future, which is still largely PC based, is probably the direct result of AMD trying to push forward with innovation for the betterment of everyone, not just solely to try and dominate market share.

Counter-intuitively, It is in the best interest of even the most stubborn of fanboi either side to have the competing company do well.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 21, 2015

5. SetsunaFZero

SetsunaFZero Active Member

GPU:
    Msi 980Ti 6G
    ur a trolling nv fanboy. 390x in on pair with gtx980

thous are the starting prices

the 390x is 40eur more expensive than a 290x 8gb

OP great clip had a nice lulz :)

Last edited: Jun 21, 2015
  6. Cryengine

Cryengine Member Guru

GPU:
    Strix 1080 Ti oc
    I was always with Nvidia GPUs (for PhysX especially) but to be honest AMD hardware was always more future proof (they were the first to release Dx 11 GPUs, Mantle, HBM memory more efficient than GDDR5...)

7. Deathchild

Deathchild Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    Yep, had I bought GTX 670 and sli'd another one they'd have 2GB which does not work.. I'm sorry.

So 7950 at that time was a good purchase, was cheaper... overclocks like a monster, best deal ever.

In games where crossfire works proper my cards work like a reference 980 Ti.

8. Deathchild

Deathchild Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    reference 980 ti
    [​IMG]

taken from HHs review.

my cards

[​IMG]

9. TyrantofJustice

TyrantofJustice Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080
    no winning with this butt head i see

10. Deathchild

Deathchild Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    Didn't really understand what you were saying.

11. stevvie

stevvie Member Guru

GPU:
    5700XT Pulse
    he means crossfire benchmarks nice in 3d mark but try using it in most games and you'll see all the problems it throws up.

12. Klapcos

Klapcos Active Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX980Ti @1.5Ghz
    Still the same idiot fanboys wasting time on forums bitching about a card that hasn't even been properly reviewed yet claiming its better in everyway

13. TyrantofJustice

TyrantofJustice Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080
    whats wrong with the profile pic?

14. Barry J

Barry J Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX2080 TRIO Super
    funny video shame he didn't use the AIO cooler as a weapon

15. Fender178

Fender178 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 | GTX 1060
    You have no idea what you are talking about. Plus don't put me in this conversation because you do not speak for me or everyone here just for yourself. Plus I reported you for being disrespectful towards another user just because he debunked you.

16. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    Since this thread is going nowhere, I'm go into close it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.