Rise of the Tomb Raider Siberian Wilderness Video

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Jun 22, 2015.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    Some new gameplay footage has surfaced for Rise of the Tomb Raider looking at a new level called 'Siberian Wilderness'. This new footage wasn't seen from Microsoft's presentation at E3 2015. Video...

Rise of the Tomb Raider Siberian Wilderness Video

2. kinggavin

kinggavin Guest

GPU:
    gtx 980TI super jetstream
    i really enjoyed the gameplay in tomb raider 2013 and this looks like it has same sort of game mechanics and same voice actor for lara cant wait to play it

3. Fox2232

Fox2232 Guest

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    Looks like another TR pre-order for me.

4. ForMol

ForMol Member Guru

GPU:
    Gigabite GTX 980ti Xtreme
    For me as well!

I'm no GPU fan on any of the sides .. since witcher3 was the last game i played, and if i compare it to this game-play .. this is how hair effects should look like ... seriously, witcher 3 hair-works suck compared to this!!!

5. Fox2232

Fox2232 Guest

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    I have hairworks disabled in W3. While its performance hit is too big, Geralt has better scripted hairs than hairworks. On animals hairworks is better, with Roach (Geralt's horse) as exception.
    So 2 instances you see most are not to my liking. = not worth it for me.

6. bigfutus

bigfutus Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3080 VENTUS 10G
    It is still Xbone exclussive? So just like TR before i buy it on Steam sale. If its good, it will be still good in two years, and if its bad i wont be wasting money.

7. Chillin

Chillin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    i couldn't help but think the whole time that Gamework's powered snow would look so much better, that snow animation under Lara's feet was a real immersion breaker.

8. ForMol

ForMol Member Guru

GPU:
    Gigabite GTX 980ti Xtreme

Ended up to same conclusion tbh ..

9. Lane

Lane Guest

GPU:
    2x HD7970 - EK Waterblock
    And you think to what gamework effect exactly ? tesselation + displacement mapping, or Vector displacement mapping ( not exist yet outside CG render engine ).. Thoses are not particular to Nvidia.

This said, i see what you mean, but i have seen too that it was seems more coherent on some other place of the video, i can imagine it is maybe not completely finished yet.

lets not forget it run on an XboxOne, im pretty sure most effects are a bit tuned down, including tressFX.

Last edited: Jun 22, 2015
  10. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    Let's hope its time exclussive or most of us wont even play it. That makes me sad...

11. Chillin

Chillin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    A combination of Turf and Flex:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kLVa0NOFdwM
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1o0Nuq71gI4

12. Lane

Lane Guest

GPU:
    huum 2 different things.. Not sure they work together... ( Flex is PhysX, Turf is Directcompute ).

But i understand what you mean, on the start of the video, it seems see that the crease is made before she hit the snow. later with only foots, the result is better.

I dont know what thecnik they have use, there's multiple way of do this. Not even if it is finalized.. ( without saying we are speaking about an XboxOne game )

From simple to complicated.. Well this give me the idea to make some research to it.

A funny video from the disney engine ( pixar ) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4HpaB-kHMBo

I dont think in games the idea to use particules is yet appliccable as really costly in term of ressources.

Last edited: Jun 22, 2015
  13. GroinShooter

GroinShooter Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080 SC
    Looks very interesting. I've never even played the 2013 TR but I guess I should definitely try it out now.

14. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    Once it's out on PC, I'll get it. The previous instalment was really good (I've not yet finished it btw)

15. Loophole35

Loophole35 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC
    It should be a timed exclusive for XBone, but I will probably get it for the One so I can play it. The 2013 title was a pleasant surprise.

16. Noisiv

Noisiv Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2070 Super
    happens with gfx effects when they look more realistic than what we got used to.
    realistic, yet not perfect, so every fault is glaringly clear

hair, smoke, snow etc... somewhat similar to face uncanny valley

17. Lane

Lane Guest

GPU:
    Not sure where i wanted posted it, this was the first thread who have come from search tools.

posted on Beyond3D by cyan: and coming from the polygon article: http://www.polygon.com/features/201...ruction-of-lara-croft-rise-of-the-tomb-raider

The muscles of Lara will tense depending on the move she makes.
    - Extreme cold weather pricks Croft’s skin with red patches.
    - Her skin will wrinkle.
    - Her eyes reflect light convincingly. Her hair moves more like a collection of strands than a set of shapes.
    - Unlike many inferior game characters, her teeth don’t shine luminescent.
    - When she climbs, the muscles on her back seem connected to one another. Her clothes crease and line according to the shape of her body.
    - In Rise of the Tomb Raider, Lara Croft’s hair behaves more realistically, with 123 "parent" strands of hair controlling 30,000 "child" strands to give the artists more control.

[​IMG]

This picture show how Lara's clothes crease and line according to her body shape

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6UQKM7Wvm5s

(Edit, added the link to polygon than i had forget to put )

Last edited: Jul 14, 2015
  18. alanm

alanm Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080
    Must have game for me. Hope quick time events are kept to a minimum.

19. holystarlight

holystarlight Master Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 4090
    im so excited for this game, cant wait for it, tomb raider 2013 was epic, since this was announced iv been pumped to play this

20. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Theres no reason for any that crap. THe consoles are struggling with framerates as it is. I dont imagine that this is going to help matters.