Official GeForce Hotfix 353.12

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by jwb1, Jun 2, 2015.

1. HeavyHemi

HeavyHemi Guest

GPU:
    GTX1080Ti
    Seriously, did you not read my post? I'm using the exact same GPU's that have been 100% stable for a long time. The only difference is the drivers and the issue resolves if I go back to earlier drivers. You may have a point regarding something in the driver has changed causing issues during clock/GPU voltage transients.

2. stereoman

stereoman Master Guru

GPU:
    Palit RTX 3080 GPRO
    You can have vsync or vsync smooth enabled as well as Gsync in the Nvidia control panel, I prefer to have vsync disabled tho that way I know nothing's interfering with Gsync, vsync kicks in if the frame rate drops too low for Gsync to handle, if you are considering a Gsync monitor the difference is really night and day, it's not a game changer but just makes everything a lot smoother, everything looks more polished, when I first got my Gsync Screen and I played through arkham origins it was like watching CGI, everything looks so smooth, I dunno if its a placebo effect or what but I couldnt go back to a regular monitor now.

3. Dragondale13

Dragondale13 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 AMP! • H75
    My apologies for offending you if I did, was just speaking in general as most users here change gpus like clothes..:p
    Time will tell.Let's hope they don't eff up the next driver release, because I'm hoping this "bug" doesn't find it's way into my system.Crashing on desktop alone doesn't sound very nice.

I'm pretty sure it's not placebo.For me going from 60hz to 120hz was great so Gsync I could only imagine the smoothness it brings.Anyway back to the main reason I asked the question before.With these drivers I'm finding some settings for games, using Inspector, that would usually not make any difference or degrade performance, are actually working as they should.Namely threaded optimization and vsync smooth.In all the games I have installed, those made a big difference.Not so much in terms of increased fps, maybe 1 or 2, but the smoothness onscreen has gotten a lot better.Give the vsync options a try with Gsync on, in theory it should smooth things out even more when the fps drops below what Gsync can handle.I'd say throw on triple buffering too but you probably won't need it.

4. Asgardi

Asgardi Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 980 Ti OC
    I have PCs with Nvidia and AMD cards and have to say that Nvidia beats AMD on software hands down. No matter how fast Fury will be I will stick with Nvidia because there WILL be software issues with AMD.

5. Matz80

Matz80 Active Member

GPU:
    Asus GTX Titan X
    Lots of crash in FFXIV HS...

Need to play!!! What's the best/stable driver for titan x and ffxiv atm???

Last edited: Jun 19, 2015
  6. BangTail

BangTail Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 Ti XC
    Don't worry, Batman is next week so there will be a new driver :rolleyes:

'Nvidia, because our drivers are perfect so we only provide new ones when there is a game release' (C)

I'm totally sick and tired of this practice, these drivers clearly have problems with certain configurations.

Don't have any problems with my 980s or 970s but my Titan based box does not like 352.86 and beyond (crashing/recovering while doing simple desktop tasks - they don't seem to like Thunderbird because they crash when I am checking mail more often than not).

Yeah, and I'm with HH here, my Titan system has not been touched in terms of upgrades etc. These problems started with 352.86, any driver before that does not exhibit this behavior.

7. Kishkumen32

Kishkumen32 Guest

GPU:
    GTX 980 Ti SC 6GB
    Have you tried to force your Titan X into a P0 state? I have a hunch that these problems are coming up through a problem with transitory power states. IE. GPU boost clocks to deal with something that needs my usage, but the voltage does not keep up / change in time, introducing instability in the card and a TDR.

8. BangTail

BangTail Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 Ti XC
    Nah, I haven't.

Tx for the heads up, but in all honesty, I'd rather just have a working driver :p

9. Kishkumen32

Kishkumen32 Guest

GPU:
    GTX 980 Ti SC 6GB
    Oh, so would I. At least you can roll back drivers with a Titan X. I am stuck on the lastest drivers with my 980 Ti. :-(

10. BangTail

BangTail Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 Ti XC
    They are original Titans, not TX, but I hear ya :)

11. RzrTrek

RzrTrek Guest

GPU:
    -
    I have had several random crashes with Firefox "display driver stopped responding and have recovered" when having hardware acceleration activated; with that being said, TF2, CSGO, DOTA and Project CARS are running smoothly!

12. Dragondale13

Dragondale13 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 AMP! • H75
    Just got my first crash sort of.Was testing my gpus at 1215 MHz core up from 1176 MHz, memory at 6800 mhz , power slider at 122% and Valley black screened halfway and came back stuttering.Precision X had crashed.
    Set Power % at 145 % maxed and it passed two times.Will test other benchmarks and see what happens.

Edit: As I expected, MHO benchmark failed with the new clocks giving a 'DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_REMOVED' message and the driver reset.

Last edited: Jun 22, 2015
  13. dabrooks

dabrooks Master Guru

GPU:
    SLI EVGA GTX 980Ti Gaming
    Yep, disable hardware acceleration (nothing lost here), issue still hasn't been solved.