The Witcher 3 Best Performance

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by Raziael, May 19, 2015.

1. ckleuser

ckleuser Member

GPU:
    EVGA GeForce GTX 980 Ti
    Try this and cross your fingers... http://www.piriform.com/recuva

2. Ouroboros_

Ouroboros_ Guest

GPU:
    XFX r9 290 crossfire
  3. Ouroboros_

Ouroboros_ Guest

GPU:
    XFX r9 290 crossfire
  4. Noisiv

Noisiv Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2070 Super
    I can't... I'm happy with my AMD performance.

We have same card> reference?

5. niczerus

niczerus Guest

GPU:
    MSI GamingX 580 4GB
    PrMinisterGR sorry but how can reinstall the older version of inf i have a litte problem with the last .

6. PrMinisterGR

PrMinisterGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 3090
    "Case in point: Dying Light".

Only Crossfire was fixed by the developer, and the Witcher 3 doesn't really stutter for most of us.

What kind of problem do you have? It should be completely ok if your hardware is ok.

7. niczerus

niczerus Guest

GPU:
    MSI GamingX 580 4GB
    when the monitor turn off and press any key the monitor start with more black colors or blue (i have the same issue with a r9 270 is a monitor problem) , but after buy a 7970 i dont have the issue any more , with the last inf i see this problem again .

8. PrMinisterGR

PrMinisterGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 3090
    The inf should be completely irrelevant for that. These are motherboard/chipset/sata/usb drivers, not monitor/gpu drivers. Do you have any link for that monitor issue?

9. Cryio

Cryio Master Guru

GPU:
    Nitro+ 7900 XTX
    I have no intention to swift through 21 pages of this thread so ...

Best way to improve Witcher 3 performance is to set Tessellation Override to x8, especially if you don't use Hairworks. If you want to use Hairworks, use x16 to still get back a ton of performance and still have Hairworks looks identical to full x64 tessellation.

10. k0rtes

k0rtes Guest

GPU:
    AMD r9 280x x2
    If you use low tessellation water looks like crap.

11. RexOmnipotentus

RexOmnipotentus Guest

GPU:
    Vega 64
    I find it very strange that you have huge stuttering in the witcher 3, because i have a smooth experience at 1440p with almost everything maxed out (except for hairworks). We both have two r9 290s and i assume that we are using the same drivers. So why do you have stuttering and i don't? That's the question you need to answer to find the cause of your problem. Are you sure it's driver related?

As far as i know AMD couldn't fix CrossFire for Dying Light, because there was a problem with the game. The devolpers needed to patch the game first.

I know that it is easy to always point the finger at AMD first, but problems with CrossFire (or SLI) aren't always caused by bad drivers. It could also be the game. Good example of a game that is causing CrossFire/SLI problems is wolfenstein the new order/the old blood. The id tech 5 engine doesn't support Multi-GPU.

12. theoneofgod

theoneofgod Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 8GB
    The game stutters here too.

13. RexOmnipotentus

RexOmnipotentus Guest

GPU:
    Vega 64
    Does it really stutter all the time for you or does it only happen every now and then? Does it feel like a frame is skipping? I get frame skipping in the game if i overclock my monitors refreshrate from 60 hz to 65 hz. It took me actually days to find that out. The game was really unplayable at 65hz :p

14. theoneofgod

theoneofgod Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 8GB
    It's just large frame spikes. Yes throughout the game.

15. PieEyedPiper

PieEyedPiper Master Guru

GPU:
    RX 580
    I don't get any stuttering over here, quite smooth frametimes without spikes. But this is single gpu.

16. theoneofgod

theoneofgod Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 8GB
    1.06 didn't fix it for me sadly. I really don't know what causes it.

17. niczerus

niczerus Guest

GPU:
    MSI GamingX 580 4GB
    after update 1.03 have a lot of stuttering no idea what cause that (7970) i try win 10 , drivers omega . 15.5 , 15.4 , dlls , ccc settings , all ingame settings , and nothing .

Last edited: Jun 20, 2015
  18. DreamTheatrics

DreamTheatrics Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 980 Ti SC
    Like everyone else I'm trying to get rid of the flickering, but nothing is working. Yes, I turned off temporal AA and it didn't do a damn thing. I'm actually using 15.4 still because there is much less flickering (well still a lot, but it's only shadow/lighting flickering) unlike 15.5 which is hardcore object flickering and much more of it. Locked at 30 FPS because of crappy GPU usage. I get some stuttering also when running or riding Roach, but it's like a single loading stutter where my frames drop and then jump back up. That doesn't really bother me though.

Not to be that guy... but I'm giving it another month and moving onto a SLI setup. Every one of my games I've bought recently have a big Nvidia logo on the splash screens. I don't want to support the demon company (and I actually never have, all my GPU's have been ATI/AMD), but at this point I just want to play my games and move on. The only thing holding me back is I would also have to buy water blocks for the cards also. This is my favorite game since Ocarina of Time though and I really want to enjoy playing it without dealing with seizure inducing flickering and scaling that makes me think I should have bought a single card because the performance has been the same. I haven't had many problems with these cards though. I am just so insanely obsessed with the Witcher 3 that I'm willing to upgrade just to have a smoother and more trouble free play through so I can actually immerse myself in the game and not be thrown off by rave-style strobe lights.

My point: PLEASE post a solution if anyone finds it! Despite what was said here I do love these cards. AMD has a lot on their plates and it's quite possible that it is a game issue. I just want to play this game though and if that means having the green demon cards then so be it. I'll still keep my 7950's though. Too much history with these puppies to sell them for $80 a pop!

19. theoneofgod

theoneofgod Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 8GB
    Try these: http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=399743

20. DreamTheatrics

DreamTheatrics Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 980 Ti SC
    I'll try them, but I can't even install the 1040 drivers. It says that the installation is a success, but then when I restart it tells me that "No AMD graphics driver is installed, or the AMD driver is not functioning correctly. I've tried everything. Running as admin, disabling driver signing, etc. etc.

Let's see if these work.