MSI afterburner bug report & suggestion

Discussion in 'MSI AfterBurner Application Development Forum' started by msi-afterburner, Oct 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. flexy

flexy Guest

GPU:
    Riva 128
    I have never managed to adjust voltage of my EVGA SC ACX2.0 with A/B, regardless of enabling all voltage control settings in A/B.

I do not see any option for offset and min/max voltage in Afterburner either. Ironically, I don't have this problem with Asus GPU Tweak and also didn't need to read the FM to be able to adjust min offset voltages in GPU Tweak right away.

I also went through several changelogs and whatever help docs there are for A/B (despite me using it for many years already), but have not found any information regarding this respective how to enable this.

2. Unwinder

Unwinder Ancient Guru Staff Member

Then other users seeing voltage offset slider in the top part of main window must be blind, sorry.

3. Unwinder

That sounds like two similar overlay tools are running in the system.

4. Keesberenburg

Keesberenburg Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 980 TI sc
    I dont know what it is, but wen i play the witcher 3 witch OSD on i get massive frametime spiikes from 15ms to 19ms also much lower fps.

5. PurSpyk!!

PurSpyk!! Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Tired MSI Afterburner today, one small thing I noticed, if I open the program the icon on the taskbar is not the MSI Afterburner icon, but the default Windows Explorer icon? Running Windows 7 64bit.

Ignore, fixed, I installed the program in c:\program files, not c:\program files (x86). Once installed in the correct folder, the icon was correct.

Last edited: Jun 9, 2015
  6. xixou

xixou Guest

GPU:
    inno3d 1070 3x (4)
    I cannot set new memory frequencies on my titan x.
    It used to work before.
    When I apply it, slider jumps back to +0 MHz.
    Core and voltage controls are ok.
    Unwinder, do you have any clue what I missed here ?
    Note: aida64 extreme shows me a freq of 1650/1750 (load dependant), which is the default clock.

Note: Looks like that guy had the same issue:

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/341722-msi-afterburner-keeps-resetting-memory-clock/

Last edited: Jun 12, 2015
  7. Cru_N_cher

Cru_N_cher Guest

GPU:
    MSI NX8800GT OC
  8. flexy

flexy Guest

GPU:
    Riva 128
    Unwinder,

do you REALLY want me to a post a video showing I am unable to adjust voltages on my EVGA SC ACX2.0 with the slider in A/B...however being able to do so with Asus GPU Tweak? See this is a constructive input and NOT as criticism please :)

G.

9. theoneofgod

theoneofgod Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 8GB
    *deleted

Last edited: Jun 13, 2015
  10. justaproblem

justaproblem Guest

GPU:
    idk
    4.1.1, recently encoderserver started behaving weirdly. These 2 situations happen:

I start PC, notice my HDD becoming full. I see desktop.xxxx.prerecord file being written by encoderserver (though I can never get desktop recording to work when I actually need it).

I start GTA V, it crashes along with Chrome in 30 seconds because encoderserver suddenly hogs 4gb of ram.

win 8.1 x64

11. v4npro

v4npro Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 7900XT
    Nevermind.....

Last edited: Jun 18, 2015
  12. Sinster

Sinster Guest

GPU:
    2 MSI R280X in CF
    AB locks up my system. It started during the night. I was gaming yesterday without issues. My system was locked up this morning when I woke up. I then rebooted and went about my business, but I had AB open. I notice everything dropped to 0 in the monitor window and it locked up my system. I rebooted and again it did the same thing. I then shutdown AB and the system ran fine. I removed 4.1.0 and installed 4.1.1. 4.1.1 does the same thing. If I leave AB alone in the "crashed state" and try to get into CC Panel it locks up my system. AB in the crash state doesn't lock up my system in 4.1.1.

13. Razor 116

Razor 116 Member

GPU:
    nVidia GTX 980 Ti
    Would it be possible to have the multiple monitoring windows such that all graphs can be viewed at once or the graphs be movable to have two columns instead of one?

14. boogieman

boogieman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080X
    Afterburner> Settings>Monitoring look for graph columns.

15. Razor 116

Razor 116 Member

GPU:
    nVidia GTX 980 Ti
    Well I was clearly blind when looking for that option, Cheers.

16. haz_mat

haz_mat Guest

GPU:
    1070 FE
    Hey guys - I'm using the latest AB on my Gigabyte 290x and everything works great except that the VRM temperatures are missing and nothing for them in the monitoring settings. GPUz shows temps for both VRM1 and 2 - is there anything I can tweak in the config files to get Afterburner reading these temps? It would be great if I didn't have to run another app to keep an eye on those.

Last edited: Jun 29, 2015
  17. Unwinder

VRM temperature readings in AB are provided on the cards with dedicated VRM temperature sensors only installed on Lightning cards. Built-in diagnostic VRM thermal sensors are not intended for frequent realtime polling.

18. haz_mat

haz_mat Guest

GPU:
    1070 FE
    I see, thanks for the explanation. So is there some kind of risk by letting GPUz poll those temps on one-second intervals? I've left it running for many gaming sessions and I don't seem to have any issues. But if there is some potential for conflict then I would like to know about it.

On a side note, thank you for your work on AB and your ongoing community support of this application. Its great to be able to chat directly with someone who works on these kinds of tools.

19. v4npro

v4npro Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 7900XT
    Having issues with latest version all of a sudden. It's crashing my pc. It starts using my cpu then system hangs or get extremely laggy and it won't end task, I would need to reboot pc. I did a clean install of the application and tried 2 different drivers, latest beta and 15.5.

Windows 8.1 64-bit
    7950 Boost

20. nintendo

nintendo Guest

GPU:
    Intel HD graphics family
    Is there anyway to record with MSI and record with a webcam at the same time?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.