AMD Catalyst 15.15 (Official Radeon 300 Launch Driver)

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by d2kx, Jun 16, 2015.

1. Hootmon

Hootmon Guest

GPU:
    XFX THICC III Ultra
    My mind is going, Dave. I can feel it...

2. PieEyedPiper

PieEyedPiper Master Guru

GPU:
    RX 580
    Superstition? Coming from the guy who doesn't want to taint the purity of his rig with a "ghetto-rigged" text file?

Weird.

3. PrMinisterGR

PrMinisterGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 3090
    I am comparing versions because both these drivers are in the same fork, and we have no readme (like with the 15.5 vs the 14.12) to know what has changed.

Me comparing versions on a release driver vs a leaked driver does not mean that drivers that do not have different file versions are the same.

One is not like the other, do you get it?

4. WarDocsRevenge

WarDocsRevenge Guest

GPU:
    Fury-x Crossfire
    [​IMG]

5. Quejikos

Quejikos Guest

GPU:
    AMD R9 290
    No, I don't. Can you give me examples of any sort of software that has been updated without the file version advancing?

6. theoneofgod

theoneofgod Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 8GB
    The DirectX driver version in CCC is for DirectX9. That's why it doesn't change much. The actual driver version gets incremental versions (15.4/5)... Is every library/module listed in CCC?

Last edited: Jun 17, 2015
  7. PieEyedPiper

PieEyedPiper Master Guru

GPU:
    RX 580
    It was already mentioned that this is not a rational argument. But just based on a quick google search for you, yes, many. It appears to be an entire search query worth.

8. Quejikos

Quejikos Guest

GPU:
    AMD R9 290
    Don't know what you're referring to. Name a program that you've used in which the version didn't change, yet was updated.

9. Quejikos

Quejikos Guest

GPU:
    AMD R9 290
    Well, now, you're actually onto something if that's actually the case. If it is only for DirectX9, I don't know why all the Windows 10 drivers that have been coming out keep advancing the Direct3D Version. Why isn't DirectX10/11 listed? What would correspond to DirectX10/11?

10. theoneofgod

theoneofgod Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 8GB
    Nothing in CCC.

11. Quejikos

Quejikos Guest

GPU:
    AMD R9 290
    Why would they list something as outdated as DirectX9 and not DirectX10/11?

12. theoneofgod

theoneofgod Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 8GB
    Windows 10 is new. There are probably bugs in the DirectX9 driver which they fix and the version is incremented. The version doesn't change a lot.

13. Quejikos

Quejikos Guest

GPU:
    AMD R9 290
    OK then, now that makes sense. I still don't understand why DirectX10/11 isn't listed at all when all other APIs are (i.e. OpenGL, Mantle).

14. PieEyedPiper

PieEyedPiper Master Guru

GPU:
    RX 580
    See this is the problem, as I've tried to indicate for the third time now. You're chasing something that isn't going to help you one way or another. The information is not as pertinent to the topic as you think it is. One just simply does not require the other to exist.

Did you try google? Many results to be had. As far as first hand experience, have you ever heard of Boris Voronstov? He's the creator of ENB.

Glad to see we're making progress. :)

15. Quejikos

Quejikos Guest

GPU:
    AMD R9 290
    I still believe everything I said about version number advancement being tied to software development. There was simply a misunderstanding as to what the Direct3D Version in Catalyst Control Center > Information > Software corresponded to.

16. PieEyedPiper

PieEyedPiper Master Guru

GPU:
    RX 580
    A simple misunderstanding? If that's what you want to call your flamboyant display this morning, fine by me.

Have a nice rest of your day.

17. sammarbella

sammarbella Guest

GPU:
    290X Lightning CFX (H2O)
    "Ghetto adict" here...

I've just come back from holidays and i will try asder 1040 "ghetto version" cause it seems to be newer and performs better than official 15.15 or the asder "ghetto version".

I salute every "ghetto inhabitants" in here.

:bunch:

Visitors are welcome if they don't bother too much!:D

I understand this is a forum for enthusiasts AMD GPU owners who want to get the better performance from their cards even if this means the need to use modded AND/OR unofficial drivers.

Nobody is forced to use non official drivers.

People who want to stick to official releases can rely on amd.com and his forums and don't get "contamined" by us "ghetto inhabitants"!

LOL

18. Quejikos

Quejikos Guest

GPU:
    AMD R9 290
    Quit acting like you contributed anything useful. If you or anyone else actually knew that the Direct3D Version was just for DirectX9, you could have just said "why do you care about the version of something related to DirectX9?" and none of that would have happened.

19. theoneofgod

theoneofgod Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 8GB
    Welcome back to the ghetto :)

20. PieEyedPiper

PieEyedPiper Master Guru

GPU:
    RX 580
    Everyone in here did, in fact, already know this. This wasn't discovered just yesterday or anything.
    Just relax, you came on real hard and now you need to slow it down.

EDIT: lol at sammarbella. ghetto 4lyfe!