Jurassic World (2015)

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by Vinnie, Jun 12, 2015.

1. IcE

IcE Don Snow

GPU:
    3070Ti FE
    Haha, all the unrealism, and that was the bit that got you? Funny. Never even noticed that myself.

It was kind of cool they were able to get that Jeep restarted after it was sitting for over 20 years. It's actually not even unrealistic with that engine. People have done similar things in the past with just simple hand tools. I don't know about two kids with minimal automotive experience doing it, but still.

2. Deathchild

Deathchild Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    Didn't like how they killed the babysitter lol, ****ing too brutal. They forced it. :D

3. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    meh i found the movie quite boring and repetetive to the earliers movies. really bland story if you ask me. i guess they couldnt think of their own just copy pasted stuff.

4. GeniusPr0

GeniusPr0 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Surpim LiquidX 4090
    movie sucked

5. Clouseau

Clouseau Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC AMP RTX 3070
    Jurassic Park built the raptors up as highly developed creatures that could reason. The raptors in the first one tested their enclosure searching for weaknesses. That was taken away from them and the new creature was the intelligent one.

Typical person who is completely absorbed by career is lacking in interpersonal skills; cannot relate to anything non work related. Doesn't know how old the boys are. The person she assigns to watch them is equally inept socially; what a shocker. BABY BOOMER with Sigourney Weaver did this type of character better. Only humor that got me was that she had an itinerary printed out for her date with Pratt's character.

There was the scientist who morphed into a megalomaniac with a messiah complex. Cannot admit to a mistake but uses the typical copout; you asked and I delivered; do not act so innocent. If you had your suspicions you did not care. The resulting profits my creation would have effected is all you really saw.

Stereo typical, what ever the military gets their hands on, they want to turn it into a weapon.

Pratt's character; stereo typical expert's expert and one he|| of a human. Raptor whispering, Pavlov would have even blown chunks.

Trex can do 35mph but cannot catch up to a running person. Fetch the stick Fido. Fully expected the raptor and Trex to tip hats.

New Alpha means new Alpha. Old one goes or gets torn to shreds. Made the raptors into the most feeble creatures. Old master, I always liked you the best. Good ol' Duke's DNA was mixed in. They were part hound dog.

See the size of that implant. What kind of outdated tech were they using? IR cameras, no; sensors only. If it did not try to take itself so seriously, it would have been better.

6. slick3

slick3 Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2070 +85/1200
    Well when I basically decided to go watch a movie where creatures from 65 mya ago were resurrected, they started dinosaurs hybrid on an island that is open to tourists to see and raptors were able to be tamed.... i decided to leave all realism behind.

The match part however was not about realism, just a flaw in continuity!

If we wanted realism, the moment the hybrid was cut loose... it woulda been dead from the military... end of movie. So lets not get too picky on things! Not aimed at you Ice, but other people who can't get their smart pants off. ;D

Last edited: Jun 14, 2015
  7. CalculuS

CalculuS Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1660Ti
    Will be seeing this movie next tuesday.

8. thatguy91

thatguy91 Guest

Anyone going to watch Jurassic Park (or 99.999 percent of other movies out there) for realism really needs a reality check :). They're not meant to be realistic, they're meant to be 'fun'.

It does go well as a sequel to Jurassic Park 1, 2, and 3 though.

BTW the Raptors were not tamed. It is believe Raptors were pack hunters, and as such the pack has an alpha. Chris Pratt in the movie imprinted himself on them as the alpha from birth. This is very different to making tame. A dog is a bit of a different scenario. Sure, as an owner you imprint on them as an alpha, however, being tame is something that they're bred for (for the most part).

9. slick3

slick3 Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2070 +85/1200
    ^^ Right right...

I guess it came from me taming Raptors in ark :D

10. Dorlor

Dorlor Guest

GPU:
    2x evga 780 ti sc acx
    Movie was just as terrible as i expected... but gf liked it as i knew she would.

11. kanej2007

kanej2007 Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080 TI 11GB
    They always do, lol.

12. WildStyle

WildStyle Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970
    Saw this at the weekend, thought it was good entertainment.

I watch a lot of movies but I'm not one of those film critic types. If it can keep me entertained for a couple of hours I'm happy with that.

13. Agonist

Agonist Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900xtx Black
    This is me with music, games, and movies.
    Im not all that picky.

14. Agent-A01

Agent-A01 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 FE H20
    It was a 6.5/10 for me, good entertainment but lots of downfalls.. I dont like that it was all CGI.

Paid near 90$ for 4 tickets for 3D.. insane

15. Tacoboy

Tacoboy Guest

GPU:
    AMD 7800
    Saw Jurassic World last night, with my 11 year old nephews, I think we all enjoyed it.
    I'm guessing with it's box office success, the next Jurassic movie will get a fat budget :)

16. Dorlor

Dorlor Guest

GPU:
    2x evga 780 ti sc acx
    Yeah, if i hadnt gotten free tickets, there would have been no way id gone and seen it

17. macdaddy

macdaddy Guest

GPU:
    TITAN X
    Worst Blockbuster movie of the year for me.

18. Chillin

Chillin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    The script must have been put together in a weekend, what a piece of ****! The acting was not much better.

If you are over 18 and want a real popcorn movie ride, then watch Mad Max in IMAX 3D.

19. Brasky

Brasky Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 4070 Ti Su
    Really enjoyed it, a little predictable but still a fun movie.:)

20. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    I just watched it. Started off good and had some pretty decent moments but towards the end it just went downhill with quite a few corny moments. I give it a 6 ouf ot 10.

We chose between this one and Mad Max, wish I'd gone for the latter.