NVIDIA Driver 353.06 with Kepler fix is OUT

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by moab600, Jun 1, 2015.

1. HeavyHemi

HeavyHemi Guest

GPU:
    GTX1080Ti
    I can see why this might be hard to duplicate consistently. 353.06 was a crash fest with TDR's just sitting on the desktop. 353.12 hot fix only gave me crashes with hardware acceleration enabled. Then I was seeing a strange crash in Mafia II with no error just a game close with no other indications of a issue. In other words, I was running the bench and poof the game would just close. So I checked the driver info and Waaa daaaa fug...?...
    [Components]

NvGFTrayPluginr.dll 2.4.5.44 NVIDIA GeForce Experience
    NvGFTrayPlugin.dll 2.4.5.44 NVIDIA GeForce Experience
    nvui.dll 8.17.13.5312 NVIDIA User Experience Driver Component
    nvxdsync.exe 8.17.13.5312 NVIDIA User Experience Driver Component
    nvxdplcy.dll 8.17.13.5312 NVIDIA User Experience Driver Component
    nvxdbat.dll 8.17.13.5312 NVIDIA User Experience Driver Component
    nvxdapix.dll 8.17.13.5312 NVIDIA User Experience Driver Component
    NVCPL.DLL 8.17.13.5312 NVIDIA User Experience Driver Component
    nvCplUIR.dll 8.1.800.0 NVIDIA Control Panel
    nvCplUI.exe 8.1.800.0 NVIDIA Control Panel
    nvWSSR.dll 6.14.13.5312 NVIDIA Workstation Server
    nvWSS.dll 6.14.13.5312 NVIDIA Workstation Server
    nvViTvSR.dll 6.14.13.5312 NVIDIA Video Server
    nvViTvS.dll 6.14.13.5312 NVIDIA Video Server
    nvDispSR.dll 6.14.13.5312 NVIDIA Display Server
    NVMCTRAY.DLL 8.17.13.5312 NVIDIA Media Center Library
    nvDispS.dll 6.14.13.5312 NVIDIA Display Server
    PhysX 09.10.0513 NVIDIA PhysX
    NVCUDA.DLL 8.17.13.5312 NVIDIA CUDA 7.5.8 driver
    nvGameSR.dll 6.14.13.5312 NVIDIA 3D Settings Server
    nvGameS.dll 6.14.13.5312 NVIDIA 3D Settings Server

Where did that old PhysX come from? I couldn't uninstall it or install over it and a clean driver install did nothing. So, DDU to the rescue and a new install of 353.12. No crashes since with hardware acceleration enabled in Fire Fox...so who knows? It's weird how the error changes with seemingly unrelated changes.

2. GanjaStar

GanjaStar Guest

GPU:
    MSI 4G gtx970 1506/8000
    seems the crashes are maxwell only?

3. HeavyHemi

HeavyHemi Guest

GPU:
    GTX1080Ti
    I'm running Kepler TITANS and these drivers since the 352.86, have some stability issues I've never had before.

4. vandinz

vandinz Member

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX 970
    No it's not! I don't overclock, never have. Even IF it was, why suddenly do these settings not work? But that's by-the-by as I mentioned, I never overclock, CPU or GPU. Nothing.

I do use a custom curve for the fans though, but that's it.

Last edited: Jun 15, 2015

5. vandinz

vandinz Member

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX 970
    Nope. I don't overclock. Still getting these TDR's.

6. Jamek004

Jamek004 Guest

GPU:
    GTX 960 STRIX
    347.88 , 350.12, 352.86 and 353.06 not a single crash

i think, its an overclock instability problem not the driver it self

7. clawhamer

clawhamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 780 Classified
    Then how do you explain the stock clock crashes members are reporting ? Not to mention myself and others with overclocked rigs not having any issues at all ?

In some cases it will no doubt be instability but you can't simply say that's the cause for everyone or the root of problem.

8. Provost

Provost Guest

GPU:
    Titan 4 way sli
    No its not an overclock problem, unless you mean Nvidia's Boost and power management through drivers?

My system running everything at stock, cpu and gpu , still crashes with 352.86 and 353.06. Haven't tried 350.12 extensively yet, but I believe some game profiles are missing from 350.12 such w3 and GTAv, if I am not mistaken.

The problem is the same whether its sli, tri sli, or quad sli. Haven't tried single card configuration.

9. Bradders684

Bradders684 Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 980 Ti GAMING
    When you say stock, do you mean NVIDIA reference or factory OC?

My ASUS Matrix GTX 580 Platinum used to crash using the factory OC settings because drivers that were released a while after it came out stressed it more, I had to up the vcore or run it at reference.

10. Elajitz

Elajitz Master Guru

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 4090
    I have a question about the ports on GTX980!

for my Acer G-Sync Display i use Display Port!
    And For my 5.1 Receiver i use and HDMI Port!

My Receiver shows up in Nvidia Control panel as an Monitor and thats right i think!?
    because it have HDMI Inputs and outputs!.
    And when i go to desktop and try to reflect those instead of have them extended my dsr braking!
    so why i want them reflected it's that is struggles when i open a new window that show up on the display that isn't there the (receiver )

Sry for my awful English!

11. fluidz

fluidz Master Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia Rtx 4080
    CHROME ARTIFACTS using 980ti

980ti, stock clocks, no afterburner or precision x installed.

After booting, loading up Chrome, firing up Guru's website. This is what I see, regardless of Hardware Acceleration being on or off :

[​IMG]

Notice the artifacts? It pretty much follows one horizontal line, which look like a bunch of dark/light squares.

If I go into Chromes settings and switch the Hardware acceleration to either On or Off (depending on which it was on originally) the issue temporarily Goes away.

I recall having an issue with my Ati 7970, similar to this, and it was down to the driver messing up the 2d clock volts, the volts were too low for 2d mode, once they issued a new driver (a few revisions ahead) it went away.

http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=370988

Changing Chromes profile in Nvidia control panel to maximum performance pushed Chromes voltage to a little over one volt.
    Artifacts instantly disappeared.

Taking a wild guess, the drop from 1+ volts to below 1v whilst alt tabbing out of a game into Chrome may be the cause of the driver to crash?

Is there a way we can edit the lowest point the VDDC drops to? Raise it a little?

Or perhaps it could be the memory voltage that is dipping too low?

Last edited: Jun 16, 2015
  12. GanjaStar

GanjaStar Guest

GPU:
    MSI 4G gtx970 1506/8000

really strange then, it seems to be affecting maxwell, + higher end keplers.

Don't see anyone with 6 series cards having crashes and driver stopped responding issues.

13. FDisk

FDisk Guest

GPU:
    ASUS STRIX GTX970 OC 4GB
    That's energy efficiency for you. Those new cards are so energy efficient that they become unstable.

14. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    It might be a possibility, boosting to high with not enough stock volts.. But then again mine was stock 941mhz - boost 1087mhz (1.162v) and now I have base 1006mhz - boost 1150mhz (1.162v) bios flash and its still ok.

Although this boosting too high issue was already happening few times on Fermi GF114, GF110 (but rare) or Kepler GK104 too, guess its a mainstream perf. chip issue again.

Or some that use custom MSI fan curve - since its using nvapi for it and that is now more sensitive if running in background all the time (with too frequent polling rate), might be worth raising it further from default 5000ms.

Anyway, I played GTA5 mp some more yesterday and driver forced fps limiter did indeed fix almost 99.9% of streaming hickups I was getting before with rtss 64bit part, guess 64bit part needs some more ironing, saw the same thing in COD Ghosts.

The only thing bugged so far is driver DSR, when I start the game for the first time it limits it to 30fps (ingame), I have to alt+tab then click on taskbar window and maximize it again so its ok.

15. IcE

IcE Don Snow

GPU:
    3070Ti FE
    I had the same thing, where trying to run a 3D app (GTA V) just crashed instantly and kept crashing until I restarted, then it was fine. In fact ALL 3D apps were crashing until a restart.

Factory OC. I know it's fine because I have zero issues on 350.12

16. CrazyGenio

CrazyGenio Master Guru

GPU:
    rtx 3090
    well the gigabyte gaming g1 isn't so energy efficient since it uses 300W at 100% load, it's like gigabyte remove the efficience

17. CK the Greek

CK the Greek Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2060S
    You are wrong here,its' capable up to 300W depending of how much user asks from it (overclocking). Without OC is ~170W.
    http://www.guru3d.com/articles_pages/gigabyte_geforce_gtx_970_g1_gaming_review,7.html

To tell you the true I can't think at least one way how to make this card draw more than 200W even on the most tough modded overclocking..

18. kx11

kx11 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    enabled hardware acc. in chrome

BOOM 2 crashes

damn it NV get your crap right

19. CrazyGenio

CrazyGenio Master Guru

GPU:
    rtx 3090
    i was talking about the gtx 980, maybe the gamimng g1 gtx 970 have more efficiency but gtx 980 gaming g1 can go up to 408 WATTs, while any other can go only to 277 WATTs http://www.*******.com/gigabyte-g1-gaming-geforce-gtx-980-4gb-graphics-card-review/17/
    in the same circunstances

20. CK the Greek

CK the Greek Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2060S
    Again...what? Even for 980 you are wrong too. First that link you posted doesn't work and second check this out
    http://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/Gigabyte/GTX_980_Ti_G1_Gaming/28.html
    or even this to see hardcore measured for the most power hungry 980 something that you won't never see with any game,only with Furmark BURNER.