Windows 10 Performance.

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by Silentwidow, Jun 10, 2015.

1. Silentwidow

Silentwidow Guest

GPU:
    R9 270 2GB OC to 270X
    Hey guys, I figured this would be the best place to post this. I am having terrible driver issues with windows 10. If I leave the ones it installs alone, my games, well, game, GTAV, works OK, but crashes every few minutes.

If I install the 15.5 betas, I don't get the crashes, but I have to drop my graphics to well, crap.

I just don't know what to do, I also have tried the 15.2000 from this forum here, with no change, just the same crashes as the preinstalled driver.

I have come back to 8.1 for now. As I really don't do much on the PC but play that game anymore lol.

The last build I tried was 10130 a few days ago.

Thanks for any suggestions!.

As far as system goes.

I am on an ASROCK 970Extreme 3, AMD FX-6350 @ 220x18, Gigabyte R9 270 that I have overclocked to 270X speeds. 8GB Gskill ram, and a kingston 128GB SSD, the game is installed on the SSD as well.

Thanks for any tips/help!

2. AlleyViper

AlleyViper Master Guru

GPU:
    Strix 2070S|6700XT
    Have you tested stock settings on both CPU/VGA under W10? Sometimes the same OCs might not do well with another OS+drivers combination, requiring slight adjustments.

3. Silentwidow

Silentwidow Guest

GPU:
    R9 270 2GB OC to 270X
    I leave the GPU stock, though I haven't tried to down clock the CPU. I may give that a shot tonight. Windows 8 is good, but 10 just looks so much better lol.

4. PrMinisterGR

PrMinisterGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 3090
    Try stock settings, and check if things are crashing then. New drivers and new OSes sometimes might stress the hardware in ways it wasn't stressed before, and cause crashes.

5. mtrai

mtrai Maha Guru

GPU:
    PowerColor RD Vega
    I know if I run my R9 290x's with the Win 10 Wddm 2.0 drivers they run about 10 degrees hotter with the same load and voltage. Even idle they they are hotter.

6. Silentwidow

Silentwidow Guest

GPU:
    R9 270 2GB OC to 270X
    Thanks, I definitely will once I get home tonight.

7. WarDocsRevenge

WarDocsRevenge Guest

GPU:
    Fury-x Crossfire
    windows 10 10135 with my 290x it runs cooler cause i adjusted my fan curve and it runs faster about 15% with the modded bios i added windows 10 performance is amazing a huge jump over 8.1 or 7

8. Silentwidow

Silentwidow Guest

GPU:
    R9 270 2GB OC to 270X
    Did you change any drivers? If not, where did you get the build if I may ask?

9. KyleStilkey

KyleStilkey Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 6800 XT N+
    Torrent sites, this build was leaked earlier this week. Not worth it when a new build is going to be out soon.

10. zeljkoni

zeljkoni Banned

GPU:
    MSI GTX660 twin frozr OC
    Can you say "faster 15%" where?

11. WarDocsRevenge

WarDocsRevenge Guest

GPU:
    Fury-x Crossfire
  12. mtrai

mtrai Maha Guru

GPU:
    PowerColor RD Vega
    @ WardocsRevenge Try the 15.200.1040 drivers that Asder00 posted today. I am having some good results, not so much performance but seem better. Performance seems to be the same per benchmarks in win 10.

13. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
  14. Silentwidow

Silentwidow Guest

GPU:
    R9 270 2GB OC to 270X
    Looks like this is working great for me now, even can OC too, they just pushed a driver that has a huge performance increase, and I can get 55-60FPS stable with very high in GTA V on Windows 10 now, build 10162, driver is in my screenshot. OC is 1150/1450

[​IMG]