Games & Color Profiles

Discussion in 'Computer Monitor Forum' started by yasamoka, Mar 1, 2014.

1. yasamoka

yasamoka Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac RTX 3090
  2. yasamoka

yasamoka Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac RTX 3090
    Added GRID 2. Game does not mess with color profiles. Excellent.

3. HonoredShadow

HonoredShadow Ancient Guru

GPU:
    msi 4090
    Does anyone know what is going on with Crysis 3? I thought the colours did not look right. If you run it in a window (just to test) and have the game window focused/clicked then the gamma is 2.2 for all colours. But when you click off the window on the desk top for example you can see that the gamma changes on its own to what you have set in colour sustainer.

Any other way to force the gamma you want?

4. yasamoka

yasamoka Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac RTX 3090
    I'll test Crysis 3 and report back.

5. fagoatse

fagoatse Guest

GPU:
    nvidia
  6. yasamoka

yasamoka Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac RTX 3090
  7. JPulowski

JPulowski Guest

GPU:
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX 690
    Hey yasamoka, any update on DLL call interception? It would be nice to see ColorClutch's features on Color Sustainer. Unfortunately ColorClutch does not support 64-bit applications and the project seems to be dead. The Witcher 3 is one of the 64-bit games that ignore color profile in exclusive fullscreen mode. I have already opened up a thread on the official forums also submitted a report to the dev team. But to be honest I don't think they will care.

8. yasamoka

yasamoka Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac RTX 3090
    Thank you for the information. Sad to see Witcher 3 ignores color profiles. Have you tried meddling with any settings files? Sometimes hidden settings are responsible for ignoring color profiles.

As for progress on DLL call interception, I need some help from an experienced DX11 programmer to proceed.

9. JPulowski

JPulowski Guest

GPU:
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX 690
    Yes, I tried meddling. There might be a hidden command inside the script files, but I think it is hardcoded. In windowed or borderless windowed mode gamma options disappear from the menu and in fullscreen mode they appear.

For help, you might try contacting Crosire. He is the developer of ReShade, so he has all the necessary information. I was also talking to him about disabling SetGammaControl function in the future ReShade builds, but it would be better if it would be a part of Color Sustainer.

10. yasamoka

yasamoka Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac RTX 3090
    Makes sense, that's the expected behavior of SetGammaControl(). It cannot work except in exclusive fullscreen.

Awesome, thanks a lot! I'll be in touch with him; we need DLL interception to work! Maybe we can share code eventually.

11. dove

dove Master Guru

GPU:
    Powercolor 6950 2GB
  12. yudonglei16

yudonglei16 Guest

GPU:
    R9 290 4GB
    powerstrip solution used to work with my HD7750, but not my recent R9 290 any more. since entech team gave it up in 2012, "Write directly to palette DAC" function became not suitable for newer GPUs of AMD since GCN 2.0

13. yudonglei16

yudonglei16 Guest

GPU:
    R9 290 4GB
    So have you found a better way to protect the color curve of desktop from this annoying DirectX-related function ?

14. zerowalker

zerowalker Guest

GPU:
    AMD R9 380
    Maybe there's another thread for this nowadays, but can't seem to find it.
    How can i confirm that my color profile is working in the game?
    I currently have Windows 10 with my color profile set. I don't have any applications that sets it for me etc, so it's just the standard way.
    And i noticed when playing RE6 that the colors (or maybe just the gamma, crap at this stuff) is horrible,
    it's so damn dark, and if you follow the recommendation at the start "set the brightness so the '6' is barely visible", well then you won't see anything lol.

So i can only guess that the game was setup with a completely different setup than what i have (okay that's always the case of course, but yeah),
    so the colors get crushed somehow.

Now it's just a guess as i don't know how these things work, i just got basic understanding of colors in RGB, as in 0-255. And that's not helpful at all here;P

So best thing is to ask and have ppl who knows what they are talking about explain it for me;)!