NVIDIA Driver 353.06 with Kepler fix is OUT

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by moab600, Jun 1, 2015.

1. vandinz

vandinz Member

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX 970
    Same here. Whack on The Witcher 3 and within 30 mins I get a driver reset doodar.

2. cyberfredxxx

cyberfredxxx Member Guru

GPU:
    WF 780 GTX
    hi guys,

I ve blinking texture on Battlefield Hardline , only on the Map DustBowl.
    Do you have same issue on this map with these drivers ?

3. Soundcreepy

Soundcreepy Member Guru

GPU:
    PNY 780 Enthusiast 3gb
    It seems upping the polling rate in Afterburner fixed both Chrome crashes and game crashes. Using Afterburner 4.1.1 with a polling rate of 6000 and driver 353.06 has so far stopped the random crashes and recovery in chrome and the games tested are Far Cry 4, Unity, and Witcher 3. Normally driver would crash/recover after around 1/2 hour to an hour of activity. Only been changed for ~a day so far, but looks promising.

4. Shelledfade

Shelledfade Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 980
    might have been dumb luck, I've seen more than few reports of people crashing without msi afterburner being used at all.

I used precisionX instead, and disabled the OSD completely and there was no change. I don't think it has anything to do with msi afterburner.

5. vandinz

vandinz Member

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX 970
    Yeah, I use ZOTAC Firestorm. I'm not sure if that's based on Afterburner as it seems pretty similar, so maybe the core code is, but I'm not 100%. I might try W3 with FS off but I use a custom fan curve so don't really want to be without that for long.

6. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    Weird bug I noticed while playing Wolfenstein: The New Order a few times; the VRAM speed shows as 3,305 MHz in (6.4 GHz effective) Afterburner's OSD though the game still holds 60 fps. I thought it was a bug in the monitoring software but when I loaded up other DirectX 11 games then it showed as the correct 3,505 MHz, i.e. 7 GHz effective. Wolfenstein is, of course, an OpenGL game and Global performance was set to Adaptive using the v353.06 drivers.

Has anyone else seen this behaviour?

I have seen the core clock vary but the memory speed in 3D applications has always shown as 3.5 GHz on my GTX 980.

7. Darren Hodgson

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    Regarding the TDR issue with these drivers and possible conflicts with MSI Afterburner and EVGA PrecisionX; I experienced TDRs with this driver on my new GTX 980 Ti after its initial install but only with Project CARS and Far Cry 4. Other games seemed to be fine, including The Witcher 3 which I played for 7 hours in one sitting.

I then used Display Driver Uninstaller (DDU) v15.3 to do a completely clean install of the v353.06 driver and since then I have not experienced any TDRs, not even in Project CARS, which I tested for around an hour (it would previously crash the driver within 5 minutes of starting a race). It may be that the drivers were not installed properly in my case; I stupidly just swapped my GTX 980 SC for my GTX 980 Ti SC card without uninstalling the driver first, thinking that it would not be a problem since both cards use the same unified driver. It is possible that the clean install is what has fixed my TDR issue.

However, I have also disabled the NVIDIA HDMI audio which is installed with these drivers plus I never install the 3D or the Miracast (or whatever it's called) drivers. I also disabled Afterburner's OSD in Project CARS though I am using the OSD in all other games without issues so in all likelihood Afterburner is not the cause of the TDRs on my system.

Only time will tell if the TDRs are gone for good though. My card is factory overclocked and boosts to 1,291 MHz in every game I've played even after the clean install of the driver. The game I have played the most is The Witcher 3 for over a dozen hours across two sessions and the only issue I have had with that game is that it unexpectedly exited to the desktop at one point with no error nor any entry of a crash in the Event log.

*EDIT*
    Oh, and I disabled the pointless (for me) NVIDIA Streamer service too as I do not use Shadowplay (why is that still in beta?) nor do I have any interest in owning a SHIELD device.

Last edited: Jun 9, 2015
  8. BadDriver

BadDriver Guest

GPU:
    STRIX-GTX1070-8G
    Its still in beta because it still has problems.

When i enable shadowplay (no recording) and then play BF4 the game will crash with:your connection to the server timed out.

By dissabling shadowplay BF4 doesnt crash.

[​IMG]

Found this youtube movie.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rdBuDe3n93k

I hope nvidia will fix this problem.

Last edited: Jun 10, 2015
  9. Monchis

Monchis Guest

GPU:
    GTX 950
    You shouldn´t be using this driver I think, hotfix fixes more than gsync I bet because some of my games were suffering hiccups, not with the hotfix.

10. Johannah

Johannah Guest

GPU:
    TUF 3090
    this one crashed for me using chrome, latest quadro works fine

11. Soundcreepy

Soundcreepy Member Guru

GPU:
    PNY 780 Enthusiast 3gb
    Well, dumb luck is better than no luck i suppose, no recurring issues to speak of yet.

12. crisrodrigues

crisrodrigues Guest

GPU:
    3x GTX 980 SLI
    Interesting, here I completly uninstalled drivers (and used DDU in the end) and then reinstalled. Disabled MSI Afterburner and NVIDIA Inspector multi display power saver. With adaptive mode in nvidia control panel, my cards clocks were actually downclocking with 144hz and 2 screens, but in the past they never did this. Now I switched to performance mode and chrome didn't crash a single time for an entire day (but again, the clocks now are fixed in the boost mode).

13. 0blivious

0blivious Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7800 XT / 5700 XT
    I got sick of using driver 350 on the Witcher 3 (perfroms much worse than 353) so I uninstalled everything nvidia, did clean install and installed 353.06 display driver only this time (no GeForce Experience or anything else).

That was yesterday. Played numerous hours last night and some today with no problems. Browsing internet with no problems.

Could be dumb luck but it beats my driver crashing every hour or two.

14. Tyler Dalton

Tyler Dalton Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3
    Just got my first TDR in Firefox after installing these drivers yesterday :( Back to 347.88 I go I guess. What is happening to nVidia, they used to be known for their drivers.

15. Froggystylexz95

Froggystylexz95 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA Titan X SC 12gb
    I think I figured out the problem. In The Witcher 3, there was an island in Skellige where I was crashing every 5 minutes. I forgot I had my hd pvr2 set up as a 2nd monitor, and I disabled the second monitor and I've been playing non-stop for an hour.

If you have multiple monitors, try disconnecting them for The Witcher 3!

I've had no crashing problems with GTA V, BF4 or any other games on driver 353 with multiple monitors.

16. Cru_N_cher

Cru_N_cher Guest

GPU:
    MSI NX8800GT OC
    Just to make it clear

What i wrote here was based on the evaluation of the I-Cafe driver and it's branch as the last one in my list.

i wouldn't say the same for this driver it is not as stable but it's IQ for GTA V is great in Motion.

They seem to have enhanced the Default MSAA Sampling in combination with DSR it is really nice and stable :)

Overall the Driver is far from Stable especially the weired V-sync problems i experience let me guess the whole new G-sync code broke a lot ;)

http://forums.guru3d.com/showpost.php?p=5091826&postcount=394

this is my current experience and the weird behavior of this Driver

but the list is growing i had much more interesting problems already ;)

And for me 100% this driver is stability wise far away from the I-Cafe i tested the last ;)

I will test the Hotfix driver now but i have no high hopes that they catched every issue yet that brake the normal V-sync stability in favor for their what seems to be mostly G-sync enhancing targets with this branch.

It most probably will take a little longer until the driver and branch is in the same stability state again.

They changed a lot of critical things.

They where 2 Surprises lately

1. Their NVENC code changed and broke 3rd parties
    2. This branch where V-sync goes weird

FSE

V-Sync Off

[​IMG]

V-Sync On

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

17. BadDriver

BadDriver Guest

GPU:
    STRIX-GTX1070-8G
    New version geforce experience 2.4.5.44

Improved connectivity for GameStream and bug fixes in The Witcher 3.

Maybe it fix my problem with bf4 and shadowplay.

18. Darren Hodgson

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    Are NVIDIA inferring that GFE was causing The Witcher 3 to crash then?

Could it be that an older build of GFE is the root cause of the TDRs that people have been experiencing with the newer drivers? That may explain why some people claim the older drivers fix the TDR issue and some say it doesn't;...if you do a clean install of an older driver then it will install whatever build of GFE ships with the driver. If you install over the driver using the Custom option then it will keep the version of GFE you already have installed.

19. Tyler Dalton

Tyler Dalton Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3
    I didn't even have Geforce Experience installed at all when I got the TDR in Firefox...

20. PirateNeilsouth

PirateNeilsouth Ancient Guru

GPU:
    980 OC
    No Audio, No 3D, No Overclock, No Geforce Experience rubbish

Just the latest drivers and MSI Afterburner, tried the 353.00 drivers with polling rate fix and haven't had any problems in four or more days!

Nvidia have also done a runner, no sign of ManualG lately :3eyes:

353.06 and 353.12 are frankly turning out to be the WORST drivers released this year or two :bang: