The Witcher 3 Official Thread (Pt.3)

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by morbias, Jun 2, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    Doesn't it feel like games today are more littered with bugs after the game has been released, than it was 5+ years ago?

I guess games today are such complex pieces of software and that it's hard to make a 100% stable game. So many things can happen at so many different occasions with many different factors (gear, NPCs and so forth).

2. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    Completely agree that The Witcher 3 has raised the bar for open world RPGs of this type. It is everything I was hoping for and more, plus I am extremely happy with how the game looks as well. It is the most immersive game I have played since...Skyrim...and it is hard to play anything else to be honest. In fact, the only other game I am playing as extensively as The Witcher 3 on PC is...The Witcher 3 on PS4!!! I have clocked up about 75 hours on the console version (level 21) and 56 hours on the PC version (level 17). :O

3. Vipu2

Vipu2 Guest

GPU:
    1070ti
    Finished yesterday @ 72h & lvl32 or something.
    Didnt rush but also didnt do all possible quests.

4. Stone Gargoyle

Stone Gargoyle Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1060 G1
    Is there any better feeling than going back to a guarded treasure spot and finally, oh god finally taking down the red colour treasure guardian which is several levels above? There was this little island I'd attempted several times and sword I'd keep coming back with new gear etc to attempt and I'm so happy I managed it at level 19 (the monster was level 23)

Love feeling like a bad ass, the loot was pretty sweet too! :D

5. jbscotchman

jbscotchman Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1660 Ti Ventus
    This. I've probably played at least 5-6 hours every day since the game was released. This is the new benchmark for rpgs.

6. ScoobyDooby

ScoobyDooby Guest

GPU:
    1080Ti & Acer X34
    Well tough to say since on one card I get only around 35-45 but haven't gone around and played with just one card to see if the frames drop.. the fullscreen thing still happens though, even with one card.

Yeah fair enough.. See in my case I can only get the game to open and display when I set fullscreenmode=1. If I set it to 2, the game will fire up, and then instantly minimize. Its still running, but it just kicks you back to desktop. If you click on the open witcher app, it pulls it back up.. it flickers for a sec, and then back to desktop. It just won't stick open until you open the game in borderless.

Once I alt+enter it forces the window to full, but yeah.. game won't just work in fullscreen for me now. *shrugs* hope they will drop a hotfix.. seems I'm not the only one.

7. DireBadger

DireBadger Master Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX1070 AMP Extreme
    So far 129 hours played and level 22.

Playing on death march.

8. Brogan

Brogan Guest

GPU:
    4080 Gaming OC
    Ok, so people are all talking about this guy officially "releasing" this mod.

My initial thought is, isn't this a big enough game mechanic that CDPR should be asked to comment on the factors involved - and not about the parity/downgrade issue - but in how easy (or difficult) this change is on the PC version, and what risks come with it?

The reason I say this is because we know they are preparing the REDKit for release. They want the modding community to fiddle with their game (well...theoretically) Shouldn't somebody at CDPR be able to "approve" of this mod, or otherwise discuss it somewhat openly?

9. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    wow Morvudd is one tough soab :D

10. S.T.A.R.A.C.

S.T.A.R.A.C. Master Guru

GPU:
    HD 7970 3GB WindForce
    :thumbup:

11. Arabaldo

Arabaldo Active Member

GPU:
    1070Ti
    Nice to see so many gamers feel just like me for the game.

12. Dch48

Dch48 Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire Nitro+ RX 470 4g
    Just hit lvl 10 in Novigrad. I was not expecting the final outcome of the Bloody Baron line. It came as quite a surprise. So far I've gone the most merciful routes, freeing stuff instead of killing it. It will be interesting to see what the results are. I just started the search for Dandelion.

I agree with all the superlatives given for this game. It's simply amazing.

I have all settings on high and in HWinfo, I'm seeing 100% utilization of all 6 cores of my CPU and the same for the GPU where fan speed hits 70%. The temps are still good though and gameplay is smooth.

Last edited: Jun 8, 2015
  13. MaXThReAT

MaXThReAT Master Guru

GPU:
    2070-SOC 2Ghz
    My thoughts in regards to this are CDPR has quite a bit still up their sleeve. The new practice seems to be to sell the same game as many times as you can. Once as "early access" then again as "okay this is it" then a third time with "re-mastered or Enhanced version." Seeing the "parity" between versions there is no doubt in my mind what we are playing now is indeed a cut down version of what will will be W3EE. Not to say what it is right now is anything short of a masterpiece but by no means is it the icing on the cake.

14. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    Here you go friend.
    2560x1440, Ultra (Grass - High), Hairworks Off.

[​IMG]

15. Brogan

Brogan Guest

GPU:
    4080 Gaming OC
    Makes me both sad and excited at the same time.

@Netherwind That is the Griffin Armor in that ss, correct?

16. A49ER08

A49ER08 Member Guru

GPU:
    evgaRtx3080XC3Ultra
    yes, this is something that has been bugged since I think patch 1.02/1.03 for me atleast

however, I've noticed less stuttering/hitching with borderless window than fullscreen

I have not played 1.05 yet, so I can't comment to know if theres any difference, but will check it out once I get new GPU

and hopefully it is a bug that they do end up fixing

17. jbscotchman

jbscotchman Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1660 Ti Ventus
    Just got to kaer morhen. My god those mountains are beautiful.

18. Stone Gargoyle

Stone Gargoyle Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1060 G1
    So with 57 hours and hitting level 20 last night I decide it was finally time to get my Witchery ass to Skellige - and what a sight to behold she is too. It's almost as if CDPR wanted to give me a whole new game to play around with so I'm feeling a little overwhelmed if anything by this whole slew of islands I can now visit at my leisure.

Gotta say I totally shat myself while making my way to a lower island too as there I am minding my own business sailing when suddenly I hear something screaming and then watch startled as something submerges following my boat and then climbs up on the side and starts attacking me, I'm all fingers and thumbs thinking wtf. Luckily I managed to shake off a whole pack of these things and am now carrying on the Following The Thread quest which is turning out to be rather interesting indeed.

Just when you think this game couldn't possibly get any better, it doesn't just get better, it gets insanely better.

19. Templ

Templ Guest

^^^

That's good to hear. Many games have trouble maintaining the same quality from beginning to end. I've only just left White Orchard, so I haven't even properly started the game yet. Considering how slow a player I am (finished GTA 5 just recently [138 hours], and I started playing in April :D), I have a feeling this one is going to last me for quite a while, so it's good to hear the game will just keep getting better and better.

P.S. It's good to finally play a high profile game again without all those damn collectibles and, incidentally, a 100% completion tracker.

20. sounar

sounar Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080
    this is truelty the best game ive played since the original Deus Ex.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.