Fallout 4 - Official 1080p Screenshots

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Jun 5, 2015.

1. Dorlor

Dorlor Guest

GPU:
    2x evga 780 ti sc acx
    I dont know - Again it was a city in ruins, and a wasteland - i suspect its kinda supposed to be static and "dead" :p

2. Darkest

Darkest Guest

GPU:
    3060ti Vision OC V2
    You give something enough time, and it'll be far from dead. It'll be void of humans perhaps, but there will be a lot of life - especially plant life. A nuclear wasteland should be anything but static, the few examples we have of nuclear disasters prove that.

3. somemadcaaant

somemadcaaant Master Guru

GPU:
    Red Devil 6900XT LE
    Bethesda had a flop it was called ESO or something like Eat **** online, hopefully they now know not to make MMOs as they are garbage by definition.

4. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080, KD55XD800
    fallout 3 really screwed the pooch on the timeline, 3 is 200 years after the great war and we're meant to believe no one has many any real progress at all in clearing DC and establishing cities and civilizations outside of a few small bastions?

You only really need to look at shady sands between 1 and 2 to see what a population can do with time, F3 would have fit much better I think set around just after fallout 1, since they were intent on using enclave that was largely destroyed in 2.

New vegas is a good example of writers who properly consider the timeline, they are well aware that shady sands/ncr will have greatly expanded in that time and give them an enemy worth fighting (admittedly one sided, blame the time cuts for that from bethesda)

5. Dorlor

Dorlor Guest

GPU:
    2x evga 780 ti sc acx
    True enough!

But in any case, i cant think of a better engine for a fallout game, than the gta 5 engine - as i see it, they would simply have to "reskin" the game World, and it would pretty much be spot on :)

6. somemadcaaant

somemadcaaant Master Guru

GPU:
    Red Devil 6900XT LE
  7. Dorlor

Dorlor Guest

GPU:
    2x evga 780 ti sc acx
    I must admit that im not a fallout fan per se - i havent played fallout 1 and 2 - just 3 and NV... in other Words i dont really know much about the lore, i just liked especially fallout 3 as a game :)

8. Darkest

Darkest Guest

GPU:
    3060ti Vision OC V2
    It wouldn't be a bad choice that's for sure, better than their current options at the least.

9. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    Looks great.

10. Daftshadow

Daftshadow Maha Guru

GPU:
    Zotac RTX 3080
    tbh fallout 4 looks no different than fallout 3 except improvements in the visual department. considering it's 7 years since part 3, the graphical upgrade looks minor. fallout 4 is indeed living in the stone ages.

11. GraVmaN

GraVmaN Member

GPU:
    2x GTX660 TI-DC2O-2GD5
    Am I the only one to notice this is just stills from the trailer?

12. Corrupt^

Corrupt^ Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 3090 FE
    Looks decent enough, though it would've been better if textures were better by default. Lightening seems much better.

13. Pineapple

Pineapple Guest

GPU:
    7950 boost
    FO3/FONV and Skyrim are all good games, and FYI, the mods in Skyrim especially are impressive.

14. CalculuS

CalculuS Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1660Ti
    They all were gameplay wise good.

I hate it how everyone suddenly hates on Bethesda because their games are buggy.

Newsflash, open world games with that much NPC interaction are buggy.

15. Pineapple

Pineapple Guest

GPU:
    7950 boost
    FO3 ran beautifully on my older dual core system, but has always been a PITA on my quadcore system even after doing the fixes, that said, both NV and Skyrim are very stable and largely bug free on "my" PC, in fact, on my first playthru of Skyrim, it took 40hrs before my first crash.

The modders have done an amazing job with skyrim, if FO4 gets half the attention it'll be epic, but tbh, the FO4 trailer looks better than FO3 with the maximum texture pack, so I'm happy-ish.

16. Pineapple

Pineapple Guest

GPU:
    7950 boost
    FO3 was the champ for atmosphere and funny dialogue/NPC, I wish they could've extended some of their characters like the Antagonizer for example, but I think FO3 has epic atmosphere and imagery.

FONV improved the weapons and increased the questing etc, but failed to really bring the quality of environments and atmosphere that FO3 had, but to their credit, they included a hardcore mode with a steam achievement to prove you completed it.

Skyrim looks damn good just with the Bethesda HD pack plus another 40mods, LOL, but I didn't install Skyrim 2k as I was worried about framerates, so whilst the modders do "fix/improve" these games, they're still decent out the gate, and as you said, we have to have some leniency for their sheer size/scale.

Also, on all three games, I used kb&m, however, Angry Joe seems adamant that "The Witcher3" requires a xbox controller, so as long as B continue to support kb&m+the modders, I can live with it, plus as I said, the FO4 trailer looks decent enough as is.

:)

17. NAMEk

NAMEk Guest

GPU:
    Gainward/GTX560/2GB
    Graphics looks childish, unreal.

18. iafro89

iafro89 Member Guru

GPU:
    7900XT
    I like the looks of the Witcher 3 engine better, but will have to wait till will see game play footage.

19. Aoyagi

Aoyagi Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire Vapor-X R9 290
    Well, there is only one thing we can be sure of: it will have cliché-filled story, logically inconsistent (although that improved immensely in Skyrim when compared to Fallout 3) world and generally rubbish writing.

Last edited: Jun 8, 2015
  20. cps1974

cps1974 Guest

GPU:
    Inno3d GTX770 4GB
    these are just screenshots from the video that was released

i will get this game and enjoy it just like FO3 however all of the items viewed in the teaser trailer just look like re-engined / re-skinned FO3 items and locations

cant wait though !!

please take my money now !!