MSI afterburner bug report & suggestion

Discussion in 'MSI AfterBurner Application Development Forum' started by msi-afterburner, Oct 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lordkahless

lordkahless Member

GPU:
    EVGA Titan X SLI
    Hi, I just installed two Titan X's from EVGA, the latest afterburner is reporting 4194304mb of gpu memory used at the desktop and it doesn't change while in game. Also both GPU core clock speeds are only be reported at 595mhz boost speed. I have tried Witcher 3, ultra everything up to 5K DSR and it still reports 595mhz boost speed. Is it possible that it is boosting correctly but not being reported in the program correctly? The Witcher 3 was pretty playable at 5K ultra so i'm assuming my cards were boosting?

2. flexy

flexy Guest

GPU:
    Riva 128
    Unwinder,

Let me first say I am using A/B for many years already and it's just my mandatory tool to install on any PC.

I now have an EVGA GTX970 SC ACX2.0 -2974 which uses either a NCP81174 or a RT8802a. (I am not 100% sure about this).

With Afterburner it is impossible to adjust or add any voltage whatsoever. Seeing that the VRM is not programmable I thought this being normal and didn't give this more thought.

What surprised me is that Gigabyte's OC Guru II allowed to actually adjust what it calls "offset" voltage which I understand is the minimum voltage the card uses. It really surprised me since this was the 1st time I saw an external tool able to manipulate my card's voltage.

If Afterburner could do that too that would be fantastic.

3. Unwinder

Unwinder Ancient Guru Staff Member

Driver based voltage offset control on 970 series is supported by AB as is, with latest and previous versions, RTFM please.

4. arbaraith

arbaraith Guest

GPU:
    GTX770 2GB
    Hello
    I don't know if this is the best/right place since it might be something else but it was the Afterburner that showed me the problem.
    I am using Windows10 at the moment with nVidias latest driver.
    MSIAfterburner shows in the OSD that only 88MB of my graphic card memory are used.
    which cannot be i believe since everythign would crash if the other 1912MB were not utilized

5. Unwinder

Search and wait for fixed NV driver.

6. arbaraith

arbaraith Guest

GPU:
    GTX770 2GB
    so it is a driver issue.
    Thank You :)

7. rewrite

rewrite Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX1080 FTW
    The max of 50 Mbps in NVENC recording, is that an nvidia/driver problem? Or can afterburner NVENC be updated for 130mbps?

I searched and this was the only thing I could find, from October 2014 with no answer:
    forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?p=4928904

Thanks!

8. kragso23455

kragso23455 Guest

GPU:
    Gtx 780
    Can you add support to capture/record forced aa like sgssaa.

At the moment the framerate of games goes down to 10-14 fps when i try to record forced aa.

solutions i tried:
    - Create a Custom resolution over 1080p and use the downscale function of Afterburner to record in 1080p and not in fullscreen: It worked but u didnĀ“t see any anti aliasing on the footage
    - Check the "Custom Direct3D support" in Rivatuner Statistic Server
    - Differenct video codecs (MagicYUV, Lagarith, MJPG, nvenc, UTvideo)

9. Krelianz

Krelianz Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 290x
    So i can't record at 60 fps, tried the new intel drivers and quick sync is back working with afterburner, tried recording but there is a HUGE problem, i record at 60 fps but in some games there are a few parts the game goes below 60, loading a zone, a very intensive part, etc, anyway if the game for any reason at all goes below the recording of the fps the whole video gets damaged, the video accelerates and goes out of sync with the audio, for example if there is a part in the game that runs at 50 fps AB will transform those 50 fps in 60 fps, desync the audio and accelerates the video. Please fix this. Thank you.

10. Astrix_au

Astrix_au Active Member

GPU:
    MSI RX VEGA 64 Wave
    Raptr has been totally changed it's great, they even created a new app just for recording nothing else called Plays.tv and they can now record any game. The performance on my 2x 290x's at 1080p 50mbps 60fps is awesome no lag on my 144hz 1440p PC and Benq XL2730Z monitor.

Raptr has had a bad reputation in the past but it's totally different now, you can either turn off tracking to turn off optimisations in the privacy settings or just use the lightweight app plays TV. Try it you will like it the new media browser and clip cutter is awesome with easy sharing to plays.tv instagram for gamers!! http://plays.tv/home

It automatically starts recording all your games unless you turn it off that's now called replay and you can also capture highlights at the same time of anything from 15min to 5 seconds, I really love this app it's done a total 180 flip for the good. They even fixed the 1440p recording issue on Raptr where it scaled down to 1080p wrong.

Last edited: Jun 4, 2015

11. Unwinder

There is nothing to fix. Learn what is CFR and VFR and use editors and video players able to handle VFR recordings properly.

12. Krelianz

Krelianz Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 290x
    hey nice excuse, since afterburner is probably the only "recording" program that is not able to handle changes in games fps nor being able to record in either, obs can use both, and you know what?, they don't destroy the video nor make unusable files. But hey it must be because i don't know what cfr or vfr is, or maybe because the program is broken for recording gaming.
    want me to link you guides about how to make proper videos with recording software? because afterburner certainly can't.
    And if you think there is "nothing" to fix then certainly you are not only arrogant but ignorant, a program that can't handle changes in games fps because it destroys the file? and there is nothing to change? rofl. I use obs for high quality gaming videos, i wanted to switch to afterburner because i really like the osd, but if you have anything to do with its development, i see nothing will change.

Last edited: Jun 4, 2015
  13. Unwinder

Use such tone in some different place please. AB is broken for recording gaming, let it be so. Please leave this forum yourself or I'll help you.

14. SWEBarb

SWEBarb Active Member

GPU:
    Evga Geforce GTX 750 Ti
    After installing new geforce drivers my OSD and frame rate cap does not work in any game, it does not show anymore cpu usage and memory like i have it configured, any idea whats wrong ? i tryied switch and add game clients in the statistic server setup and custom direct3d support doesnt help either.. i dont get it ? it worked flawless before never any problem i dont know what could have went wrong ?

15. Krelianz

Krelianz Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 290x
    How about you change your tone first? or do you think being a moderator gives you the right of using such tone and then asking people to not use it? what a joke, learn to mod and give proper replies if you want people to reply accordingly.

16. Unwinder

If I'll come to your home, take something that belongs to you, try to force you to change something in it just because I want it and finally call you ignorant because of my own limited knowledge, you'll be able to give me such recommendation. But that's not the case, that's actually fully opposite. So bye. Come back when you self-educate.

17. theoneofgod

theoneofgod Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 8GB
    Looks like you're the one that started with an attitude...

Last edited: Jun 5, 2015
  18. Unwinder

Graphics card drivers have close to zero chances to affect that. But game patches can easily do it. If it stopped working in some specific game, check if it was patched/autoupdated recently and read patch/update details. E.g. Witcher 3 broken support for most third party overlay tools due to introducing their own GOG Galaxy overlay in the recent update:

http://www.gog.com/support/the_witc...plications_xsplit_obs_sweetfx_etc_not_working

19. SWEBarb

SWEBarb Active Member

GPU:
    Evga Geforce GTX 750 Ti
    Nah that doesnt make any sense, it all started when i did the new drivers.. i dont get it i tryied switching in the settings seems nothing works....

20. SWEBarb

SWEBarb Active Member

GPU:
    Evga Geforce GTX 750 Ti
    Ok it seems i must everytime when i go play a game, alt tab and exit afterburner then launch it again then it works.. never had to do that before duno what happend it was always running and never needed requit to make it work..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.