Hatred

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Ghosty, May 29, 2015.

1. BangTail

BangTail Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 Ti XC
    Yep, it's all subjective.

Personally I find Hatred to be fun for what it is.

Definitely worth my $17.00 :D

2. BladeRunner

BladeRunner Guest

GPU:
    Asus 1080Ti STRIX
    This game is a disappointment, from what I saw after TB's first look.

This should have been all out super wildly offensive top down shooter, then it would get the deserved hatred from some and the applause from others, which I think was the original idea behind this.

The following is what would have made this game an absolute gem (no sissy replies, moans and gasps please)

Tons of dismemberment (Soldier of Fortune style)

Mind-fuk music/creepy/trashy tunes

Ridiculous MKX style executions

Zombie DLC where the people you kill reanimate and come after you, you trying to survive the longest and then dying in some horrible way with gruesome detail

Teenagers and children as victims

Animal abuse

Plenty of misogyny and heavy use of melee weapons for cornering and up close kills (witcher style finishing moves)

Heavy use of incapacitated victims, crawling, screaming, crying (a nod to Postal) with limbs, arms, faces mutilated

Chemical weapon usage (sulphuric acid, Sarin gas bombs and improvised explosives)

Shops, schools, hospitals, public pools, football fields as levels to cause maximum casualties

Funny and memorable one-liners (nod to Postal)

If 90% of this gets incorporated into a game like Hatred - we have a winner ladies and gentlemen :D

3. Ghosty

Ghosty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3050
    Of course the game could have been much darker and far more evil. Trouble with doing something like that is dealing with the fallout. And trust me there would be if it was made like you suggested. Plus it wouldn't even be on Steam.

4. nhlkoho

nhlkoho Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080ti FE
    I can't imagine any dev trying to release a game that would ever put child killing in a game. That would have immediately put this game on every politicians target list and only made the game industry look worse than it already does. Animal abuse isn't cool either.

Now I am interested to see what modders do with the game. Obviously we can't restrict what type of mods people make but I'm hoping some really good ones are made.

5. BladeRunner

BladeRunner Guest

GPU:
    Asus 1080Ti STRIX
    Fallout 2 had children involved in the original release and in Postal 1 the game finishes with the main character attempting to shoot kids,

Animal abuse was featured in Postal 2 and Carmageddon.

I dont see this being a big problem, movies have done far worse with a lot more impact than a few pixels.

6. DesGaizu

DesGaizu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AORUS 3060TI
    I got a few hours into the game now and its really fun best part so far was derailing a train huge explosion and carnage.

Also coming from someone who had to rely on uk train service to get too and from work for many years turning out to a train station in a humvee with a mounted lmg and gunning everyone down feels good man :3

7. fernake

fernake Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus strix GTX 1080 OC
    Any sli profile?

8. TR2N

TR2N Master Guru

GPU:
    AMD
    Dis game is da dawg....
    Love da physics...

9. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    While I agree some of his suggestions are... just... pointless.
    The child/animal killing isn't needed.

And, one liners? Really?

Problem is, as is the game is weak. It's not shocking or offensive. It's biggest draw from the original trailer... isn't even there in the final release.
    The game needs to be more violent, push the boundaries far more then it currently does.

In it's current state, it feels like it's playing it safe. As if they are fully aware of where the 'line' is and they intentionally stayed away from it.
    Instead of jumping up and down right on it.

10. jbscotchman

jbscotchman Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1660 Ti Ventus
    I'll pick it up during a steam sale, do love me some gratuitous violence.

11. Damien_Azreal

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    As do I. Now, if only this game had some....

12. Ghosty

Ghosty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3050
    The developer could well have had to tone down the violence just to get the game on Steam in the first place. The last thing any one wants is a copy cat killer blaming the game for his actions. So you need to be very careful. I presume that was the reason Twitch banned it in the first place.

13. Eero

Eero Active Member

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Just finished this game kind of boring tbh.

14. Damien_Azreal

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    Twitch banned it simply because it's rated AO.

But, if you watch/play the game... it's not deserving of an AO rating. The content in it is in the realm of a Mature rating.
    It's nowhere near as violent, gory or graphic as Dead Space, The Evil Within or Manhunt.
    And the concept on display in the game has been done to a more offensive and more violent effect in the Postal series.

That's my point.
    This game... is nothing special. As far as offensive/violence goes. The developers revved up controversy and attention with the debut trailer. Only to release a game that... actually plays it pretty safe.

And is pathetically boring.

15. nhlkoho

nhlkoho Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080ti FE
    I played through the first couple levels. The game is pretty average. The only redeeming factor is the destruction which is pretty impressive.

The only reason I can see Twitch banning this is because they are trying to act as the moral police. There's nothing here that we haven't seen a hundred times before.

16. Loobyluggs

Loobyluggs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060 12GB
    Already uninstalled this, soooooo boring. And I hate the controls.

17. CK the Greek

CK the Greek Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2060S
    This game looks very crap to me,won't buy it for sure.

18. Nirvana91

Nirvana91 Guest

GPU:
    7950 @ 1210/1500
    The game runs horrible on a 4770k and a 7950 @ 1100/1500.

19. amarios

amarios Active Member

GPU:
    Sapphire Radeon HD 7970
    Bad performance for me as well. -.-

20. Nirvana91

Nirvana91 Guest

GPU:
    7950 @ 1210/1500
    The problem was that I thought that my 7950 was assuming the clocks via Afterburner, but it wasn´t. So while I was thinking that it was at 1100/1500, in fact it was runing at default clocks (850 core/1250 mems).

Now, via CCC I´ve overclocked it to 1210/1500, raised the Powertune to +20% (to prevent throttling) and the game plays with good FPS if I disable the Shadows. Everything else is set on the maximum settings (even AA).

The problem now is that in Portugal is HOTTT... 36c celsius.... Even the VaporX cooler is having problems...!! LOL