The new drivers messing up G-sync?

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by writer21, Jun 4, 2015.

1. writer21

writer21 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA SC ACX 780 sli 3gb
    Anyone else have issues with new hot fix drivers messing up Gsync.

I started the PC today and Gsync wasn't working on the Rog Swift even though it was enabled already. In order to fix the issue I went back to the previous drivers which got Gsync to work again.

Nvidia you guys need to get it together. This is my second Rog Swift so i thought this one was going bad too.

2. dave6479

dave6479 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 780ti SLI
    One thing I did notice with the last few drivers was when I run the Pendulum demo for G-Sync I get massive stuttering and low frame rate but clicking the V-Sync option and then back to G-Sync fixes the problem entirely, happens every time I load it up and I never used to have to do this.
    It could be purely down to the Pendulum demo but this could be also happening in other software.

3. nhlkoho

nhlkoho Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080ti FE
    Ever since the GTA5 game ready driver came out, G-Sync has been messed up for me. I'm still on old drivers until they fix it. 347.52 I think.

4. Johannah

Johannah Guest

GPU:
    TUF 3090

5. wunkley

wunkley Guest

GPU:
    780Ti SLI
    Do these Quadro 348.17 drivers allow for proper SLI use in the Witcher 3???

This is the only reason I'm trying to use any of the recent drivers (which all causes crashes on the desktop). Only 353.xx and above have a proper working SLI profile for Witcher 3. I tried exporting the SLI profiles and adding to older drivers, which technically 'worked', however the performance and GPU usage was rubbish and not playable compared to 353.xx drivers

Last edited: Jun 4, 2015
  6. Johannah

Johannah Guest

GPU:
    TUF 3090
    I dont run SLI anymore since i got the Titan x so i cant answer that, but I can tell you that with Quadro 348.17 there is no crashes/driver stop responding in Witcher 3 (or any other game for that matter).

7. dave6479

dave6479 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 780ti SLI
    Out of interest I installed these Quadros again then ran the Pendulum demo to test G-Sync and to be honest I wasn't surprised to see it worked no problems with no heavy stuttering or low frames compared to 353.06 and .12.
    Will keep these on the system and see how they go.

8. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    I've tried both .06 and the latest hotfix. G-sync works like always (Swift).

Only thing is that the monitor can blink a little during some applications (just Corsair LINK so far). Windowed G-sync works also and does not crash apps.

9. Johannah

Johannah Guest

GPU:
    TUF 3090

Sell that Swift and buy a Acer XB270HU 27" 1440p 144Hz G-Sync IPS instead, you wount regret it. I swapped out my Swift just this week, and the colors on XB270HU are just so much better :)

** Inet.se har ganska många på lager just nu.

10. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    I've been thinking a lot about it lately :) I think it's definitely worth it. Lets just hope I can get a good price for my old one.

** Tack för tipset, blir nog av när skatteåterbäringen kommer