Computex 2015: Noctua going big and silent

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Jun 3, 2015.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    Noctua has a small booth at Computex as we always, and as always we happily drop by to what we consider one the best heatpipe based cooling companies on the globe....

Computex 2015: Noctua going big and silent

2. jdc2389

jdc2389 Guest

GPU:
    980ti 1408/3650
    I love Noctua's fan technology but honestly they should just partner up and release an AIO with their fans on it maybe more. So much lost potential revenue. A decent AIO is no hassle and provides the best overclocked load temps it's just a fact. I went with a Corsair H105 and it's Everything I hoped for minus the fans, I guess I'll just grab some Noctua fans and call it a day.

3. Darkest

Darkest Guest

GPU:
    3060ti Vision OC V2
    You're assuming everyone wants AIO coolers, a lot of people don't. That includes myself, I'd rather build a custom loop or go high end air.

4. k37chup

k37chup Member Guru

GPU:
    Palit 4070
    Yep. I always go with just air cooling. Never will trust water cooling.

5. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    What's the problem if you're doing it anyway? Not sure I get the point.

On Hilberts review: Now they are including stuff to make those industrial fans match your build's color scheme? I guess quite a few people were waiting for this to happen in some way!

But what are those 9 bladed fans to the left most on picture 3, the display with the standard industrial in the middle and the accessoires to the right?

Last edited: Jun 3, 2015
  6. Johnny Blade

Johnny Blade Guest

GPU:
    Asus Strix GTX960 2G
    I don't know why you hype so much about noctua fans, when scythe broke up with servo/nidec and AP-15 stop producing, "servo makes them now but hard to find", i was forced to buy another fan brand, i blind picked the Noiseblocker Eloops, best fans you can have in your pc.

*Most accessories
    *Build-in anti-vibration rubber
    *TOOL-LESS removable impeller
    *detachable cable
    *normal priced
    *extreme quality
    *unique impeller shape

Cleaning it takes 2 mins, remove the impeller and wash it, the end.

7. Humanoid_1

Humanoid_1 Guest

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2080 X Trio
    @jdc2389

Unless things have changed fairly dramatically since I last looked, a good big Noctua air cooler (like my NH-D14) hands down beats out coolers like the H100 as far as cooling Vs noise goes.

If I go water it would have to be a custom loop. All kinda of good things can be done here :)

I also like the reliability of a nice big heatsink too with easy to replace fans. Can't do that easy with closed loop coolers last I checked + hear enough stories of failed / noisy pumps

But hey they are a smart company, maybe Noctua could make them right? ;)

8. Dorlor

Dorlor Guest

GPU:
    2x evga 780 ti sc acx
    I have a d14 on my 4690k, and a h110 (not h100) on my 4930k - standard fans on h110 are poop, but with noctua fans on the h110, its just as quiet as the d14, and has much better cooling.

http://www.guru3d.com/articles_pages/be_quiet_dark_rock_tf_review,8.html

9. Blacklac

Blacklac Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 960 SSC 2GB
    Yeah, the better air coolers top the H5X/6X/7X, not the 1XX series. I'm honestly not sure where the H8X falls.

10. Humanoid_1

Humanoid_1 Guest

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2080 X Trio
    Thats interesting to hear. I'd put the extra noise down to mainly being close to the radiator matrix just generating noise regardless of fan.

Makes them a bit more appealing for those that way inclined.

Suspect I'm going for a full custom loop so I can take the heat out of my room this summer ^^

11. Tyler Dalton

Tyler Dalton Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3
    [​IMG]

What is that fan on the left? It looks like a Gentle Typhoon clone.

12. Dorlor

Dorlor Guest

GPU:
    2x evga 780 ti sc acx
    It depends how you do the setup, case etc. With my cosmos 2 case, and fans in pull at low rpm, you cannot hear any noise at all. With fans in push at medium rpm, the noise is about the same as the d14.

Imo a custom loop is only worth it, if you intend to include the gpu's in the loop - otherwise the benefit from a custom loop is near non existant, other than perhaps prettier Visuals (if that sorta thing matters to you).

13. Humanoid_1

Humanoid_1 Guest

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2080 X Trio
    That's actually partly what is driving me that way - the new AMD Fiji is watercooled so would be very easy to add into a bigger loop. Not convinced its default small radiator is optimal... even if it is sufficient and an improvement on most air cooled high end GFx cards.

The lights aren't a thing for me, prefer it dark and silent.

Planning a system with built in rads, with the ability to plug in bigger remote external rads to take the heat out of my room when I am at home.
    Had been planning this for some time, bought most parts already, then got the NH-D14...

Honestly today GFx cards need a bit of extra help. My current one in a case with Good airflow (Antec P182, optical drives replaced with extra fan, running Sharkoon 2000 fans plus a few Noctua) still overheats at stock settings on demanding games, causing throttling.

So time to rethink water :)

14. Dorlor

Dorlor Guest

GPU:
    2x evga 780 ti sc acx
    Yeah ok, that would totally make sense then :)

Ive been considering doing a full loop aswell... but cost and effort vs gain... not worth it to me :p

15. Andrew LB

Andrew LB Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080@2,025
    Whatever happened to those Noctua 200mm fans they showed off well over a year ago?

16. MasterBash

MasterBash Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX970 SSC+
    Apparently it weighs too much, which is fine when you mount the fan horizontally but when you mount it vertically, the lifespan is reduced.