AMD Driver DLLs Repository and Performance Survey

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by PrMinisterGR, May 30, 2015.

1. PrMinisterGR

PrMinisterGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 3090
    Thank you for this. The only driver missing was 13.10 beta 2 and I'm uploading now. Using the survey is a good way to have indications about stuff, since I can publish the results every 3 months or so, Google allows me to see the timestamps of the votes, so the results can be kept current. :)

2. wrobles3D

wrobles3D Member

GPU:
    GTX 1650
    Thanks for this, As a 7950 user that uses KCP (MPC-HC & MadVR) I have been stuck on 13.12 as all drivers after produce stuttery/laggy playback so this is a really great idea for newer titles.

The actual driver I use is Tweakforces modded 13.12 driver which gives better performance, I am not sure if the Dll files are are changed/modified but would be nice to see them added to the list.

Driver is here,

http://www.tweakforce (DOT) com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=6516

Thanks again.

3. Zweite93

Zweite93 Guest

GPU:
    XFX R9 290X Core Edition
    R9 290x, 15.5 beta. Witcher 3 work only with 1023 drivers.

4. CrunchyBiscuit

CrunchyBiscuit Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 980 Ti
    I updated my post from yesterday (somewhere at the start of this page) with some game suggestions. Not sure if you noticed. I have some more below:

Afterfall InSanity
    Blade Kitten
    Brothers - A Tale of Two Sons
    Contagion
    Dark Matter
    Double Dragon Neon
    Gatling Gears
    Psychonauts
    Rocket Knight
    Sine Mora
    Strider
    Syder Arcade
    Train Fever

5. Blackfyre

Blackfyre Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3090
    Glad I'm seeing this as a sticky. It's developing nicely as a thread too.

6. atoneapone

atoneapone Guest

GPU:
    Radeon 6650M +6520g/ 1GB
    Really great job on this archive from PrMinisterGR & tips from Crunchbiscuit. It should help everyone get the most from their AMD gfx.

From the survey of games, I've only tested maybe 10 games & sometimes struggle to see a large difference between different drivers on my old gpus 6650M & desktop 6750. But I'll try to do the survey on the few games I've tested.

A 2013 game title which I noticed missing from the list was Batman Arkham Origins, so maybe that can be added later.
    update: awesome thanks for updating it.:)

Last edited: Jun 2, 2015
  7. PrMinisterGR

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 3090
    Thanks for using it, I added the title.

8. lycanwrath

lycanwrath Member Guru

GPU:
    AMD RX480 8GB ref
    Looking at the list of drivers maybe there could be a naming convention prefix? e.g. BETA, MOD, WHQL.

Only suggesting :)

9. TestDrivers

TestDrivers Guest

GPU:
    MSI 980Ti Gaming 6G

So, you think that the 13.12 driver is still the best for Dishonored, better than newer drivers?

10. PrMinisterGR

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 3090
    Keep in mind he's using a 6000 series card. If you have a specific game installed, just drop the dlls in its folder and test ;)

11. xodius80

xodius80 Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX780Ti
    thank you man this is awesome! needs to be sticked

12. CrunchyBiscuit

CrunchyBiscuit Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 980 Ti
    It's a pretty safe bet, but I do not have the game installed at the moment so I can't confirm.

I'm certain that anything before 13.12 isn't any good in Dishonored, on the HD69xx series at least. I remember testing the first couple of 14.xx series too on that game, performed the same as 13.12 (nothing got broken but nothing improved either). I'm almost sure nothing relating to Dishonored changed in the drivers released after 13.12, but I haven't tested any of the later driver releases from the 14.xx series nor any driver released this year with Dishonored. I do still have several UE3 games installed and still use 13.12 for those.

Next to playing the game on at least catalyst 13.12, remember to have

bInitializeShadersOnDemand=True
    DisableATITextureFilterOptimizationChecks=False

in the engine.ini (as mentioned here), these two settings are pretty much mandatory for any UE3-engine game on ATi/AMD hardware.

Dishonored is easy to test, the most important test spot can be found in the main menu, when the camera flies over the docks and railway track for the first time when enter is pressed (as mentioned here and in many other places when you Google for 'Dishonored menu stutter'). You should be able to achieve near 100% smoothness using Catalyst 13.12 and the two tweaks above on a HD69xx card. Might work fine for the HD78xx and HD79xx series too, never tried it out. If you already have a stutterfree menu (and by extension, stutterfree gameplay), I'm not sure what improvements you are looking for. Try out some older drivers for fun and see how badly it stutters.

13. xodius80

xodius80 Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX780Ti
    dude add the 13.2 beta 7, those where for crysis, does wonders for Mechwarrior Online

14. Jackalito

Jackalito Master Guru

GPU:
    Radeon RX 6800 XT
    PrMinisterGR, could you please add Alice: Madness Returns to the list of games in the survey?

I want to test this game again. I remember having stuttering issues with my system, but if my memory serves me well, I think there was a beta of 13.11 that did not produce that symptom and I'm going to test it again to see which driver is best for a R9 290X

Thanks and keep up the great work! :D

15. PrMinisterGR

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 3090
    The game is already on the list, but I don't have Catalyst 13.11 beta on the dll list yet. It will be up tomorrow :)

EDIT: If you remember, tell me which beta of catalyst 13.11 you mean, as there are several :p

16. sammarbella

sammarbella Guest

GPU:
    290X Lightning CFX (H2O)
    @PrMinisterGR

Gothic RPG series are not in the survey.

Gothic 3 was specially problematic.

Gothic 1 is one of the best Euro RPG ever.

I also miss Risen RPG series, not at the same level but still good specially the first of the 3.

17. Jackalito

Jackalito Master Guru

GPU:
    Radeon RX 6800 XT
    Thanks, man! I didn't notice the game was already there. I'll look for it again.

Well, you see, that's the problem, I don't remember which one either. I've downloaded 7 different betas of 13.11 and I'll patiently test them as soon as I can.

I'll report back but it'll probably take me a couple of days since I'm studying for exams now (English exams as a matter of fact ROFL!).

Cheers!

18. Zweite93

Zweite93 Guest

GPU:
    XFX R9 290X Core Edition
    So, if I already have 1038 driver installed, I don't need to use this DLLs?

19. sammarbella

sammarbella Guest

GPU:
    290X Lightning CFX (H2O)
    The reason of this dll's repository is to use them in the game .exe folder to avoid change drivers each time you need a different driver than the installed i. your system cause some specific game support is better in older drivers.

When you use them the game folder dll drivers will be used instead of OS installed driver.

This way you could use the best drivers dll's for each game, a TRUE time saver.

20. PieEyedPiper

PieEyedPiper Master Guru

GPU:
    RX 580
    Right. But doesn't a guy have to use a suitable driver version in combination with the dll's to really maximize this approach? I think so.
    I get the best overhead results from 1023.3 so that's what I currently use, for instance. I've yet to choose a specific dll set for w3. Still testing them.