NVIDIA Driver 353.06 with Kepler fix is OUT

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by moab600, Jun 1, 2015.

1. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    Yeah, that took long.. Maybe they made HBAO+ stabler too? Hmm need to test TF2 to see :D

btw 353.06 is stable while browsing FireFox now 2nd day, no sporadic tdr @ forums (353.00) or random tdr while watching flash videos(352.86), icafe 352.94 was ok 3-4days, other two glitched by ~ 2-3day period..

2. lmimmfn

lmimmfn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4070Ti
    I get ~ 10% performance increase in Witcher 3 which is cool as i can dial up the settings again, GTA: V gets ~2-5% boost so neglible but still something.

3. Singleton99

Singleton99 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3080 12gb
    After Updating to this driver i have noticed a performance difference not for the better in Farcry 4 which perversity i was using 347.88 , now it maybe be because i broken into the north side of the map that seems to be a tad bigger with more vegetation . and this is with a rather healthy O/C on the cards.

I may just have to roll back until i've finished the game.

4. kazama

kazama Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080 X
    On my side, witcher 3 freezes, dont seems to run better.Rolling back to icafe drivers more stables than the latest whlq, at least for me.

5. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    Or try this

while in game, go to options menu and by global graphics set default high, go back ingame, now go back to options and change your old gfx settings.

This is how I fixed ~ 15-20fps drop back then, I was looking across one village (save game) and 40fps vs 60ish fps was a noticeable difference, also it fixed jitter.

And it stayed on by next restart, wasn't just a one time thing.. Idk now, I don't play it anymore.

6. lmimmfn

lmimmfn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4070Ti
    junk driver in terms of crashes, got 2 crashes in 10 minutes in GTAV, back to 350.12 for me

7. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    ^
    Do you use high vram Oc?

8. lmimmfn

lmimmfn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4070Ti
    +165 on mem in AB can't remember the absolute as can't check now until it reboots after old driver reinstall. Been using the same OC since I got my new monitor, higher rez ment old oc i used for 14months wasn't stable anymore.

The Witcher 3 drivers would crash on stock, but haven't had time to try these on stock

*EDIT* mem is 3663 in AB

Last edited: Jun 2, 2015
  9. adrock311

adrock311 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 SC 8gb
    Anyone else's cards not downclocking during idle with these drivers?

10. wsarahan

wsarahan Master Guru

GPU:
    Evga Titan X SLI
    Same here , the mouse starts to lag and everything becomes strange right?

Tks

11. ---TK---

---TK--- Guest

GPU:
    2x 980Ti Gaming 1430/7296
    Try stock speed, 7ghz. I used to oc my vram to 7516, but I didnt really notice much of a difference if any.

12. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    I noticed these 352.xx and 353.xx are more sensitive to gpu and vram OC by games.

With 350.05 I could use 1228mhz and 135mhz ram OC, now with any 352 and 353 I need to back down to 1215mhz (1 boost steep) and ram ~ 100mhz.. also higher ram OC could make fps issues (hickups),
    quick example is Vally by rain parts, Heaven4 by night transition looking over the bridge and island.

By both I could get min 9-19fps, vs usual min 38 - 42 fps..

13. lmimmfn

lmimmfn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4070Ti
    ^ thanks guys will look at the OC at the weekend when I have time to mess about, reinstalling checking different oc settings consumes valuable gaming time lol

14. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    Tried this game with +125 on the core and +250 on the mem, no crash...actually quite smooth if I may say so.

15. Smiley_ie

Smiley_ie Guest

GPU:
    3090 Alphacool
    First time since i got my 980 i got a display driver stopped responding in TW3.

16. 256k

256k Guest

GPU:
    1070M & 2080TI Trio
    after all this 35x.xx driver series,my 980 has started to loss overclock capabilities, even if i come back to old drivers, i think the new ones have damaged the GPU or something, before i was able to get a 24/7 170/400, now even with just 170 and overvolting heaven, gta and everything crashes... Thank you, Nvidia

17. Halfmead

Halfmead Guest

GPU:
    GigaByte 2070 Super
    well, reported earlier i still had crashes in W3, and unable to use 2nd screen/Chrome/MSI:A.

As it turns out, Underclocking GPU helps it seems (mine runs at 1366 factory oc), turning it down so it is now running at 1228 Mhz made it stable. I can also use 2nd screen (W3, Windowed mode) now.

So, giving up a little horsepower and fps due to windowed helps...for me at least. Mem clock still @7600Mhz

Also, in Rift MMO there seem to be a nice FPS increase. Standing in Margle Palace usually gives me ~35-40 fps, with this i am now at ~47-50 fps.

18. hazochun

hazochun Guest

GPU:
    MSI Vega 56 OC Air
    Played 2 round of BF4.
    No problems so far

ShadowPlay enabled. Chrome H/W acc off. OC disabled for my GPU

19. bobmitch

bobmitch Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF 4070 TI OC
    Granted...I am playing an older game...Assassin's Creed 3. Today with these drivers, the framerate began to slow down and finally freeze. I got a lot of stuttering and finally a crash to where I had to do a hard reboot. Reinstalled 352.86 and all back to normal.

20. applejack

applejack Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3070 Ventus 3X
    maybe because the desktop isn't best viewed at stupidly low refresh rates / fps :infinity:

you simply cannot separate the desktop refresh rate from that of the focused/active windowed app, so its either fixed or variable, depending on where you click.
    the jerky mouse cursor animation at low fps, be it windowed mode or fullscreen where a mouse cursor is visible, is an inevitable disadvantage of G-Sync
    (or any VRR solution for that matter), as its not possible to draw a cursor faster than the rate in which a monitor refresh. cursor is effectively tied to game's fps regardless of it being rendered separately.

Last edited: Jun 2, 2015