It's Coming

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon' started by LtMatt81, Jun 1, 2015.

1. thatguy91

thatguy91 Guest

I can't remember now, I know it was definitely under AUS$300. I got it when the R9-280X first became available, and I did look into the whole Tahiti XT/XTL thing. This card says Tahiti XTL in the bios. It's not the only reason why I got it, comparative reviews of the time showing it running much cooler than the Gigabyte and Asus offerings.

2. oGow89

oGow89 Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte RX 5700xt
    Oh I didn't actually look close to your gpu. Yea tahiti gpu is by far the best amd gpu. Holding for 3 years now maybe. I wouldn't bother upgrading if the next r9 300 are just rebrands. And honestly if you want to, (i am sorry AMDMatt) go with a gtx 970, oc the hell out of it, and you got yourself a gtx 980 even with the vram crap, you won't run into any problem. It will probably drop in price in upcoming months.

3. oGow89

oGow89 Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte RX 5700xt
    It came already ... ;)

[​IMG]

4. thatguy91

thatguy91 Guest

I'll probably put off any upgrading apart from a new SSD, at least until the end of next year when AMD Zen comes out. Hopefully it's as good as it looks! Coupled with a R9-4xx card of course :).

The interesting dilemma then will be whether to go for a 4-core AMD Zen APU or an 8-core AMD CPU (no graphics). Under DirectX 12, the graphics processing can be offloaded to different, and any supporting graphics card (including Intel HD graphics!). It has been rumoured that AMD are working on furthering this capability with an AMD discrete GPU and an AMD APU. What it means is, the equivalent of an R9-280X and APU could possibly be faster than the equivalent R9-290X and just a CPU :).

I figure from a purely gaming perspective, it would make sense going for an APU. I guess there's a bit of time before this decision needs to be made!

5. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    Seriously? This is not how to do PR. Either have something you can actually show us or just remain quiet. This is quite laughable.

6. moab600

moab600 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY 4090 XLR8 24GB
    AMD is super boring, even nvidia got enough of it and released their card already.

Release your HBM, what u waiting for?

7. Nevk992

Nevk992 Guest

GPU:
    7970x2/3G
    :banana: can't waiting :banana:

8. mR Yellow

mR Yellow Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 Fury
    I'm glad Nvidia released their "killer" card. No we know what's on the table.
    A few more days before the reveal. Just hope someone leaks some info.

9. Adil0n

Adil0n Guest

GPU:
    POV GTX 470 1Gb
    It's computex already! I think we might see some specs and data in a matter of days, with luck when this week ends we will have a winner (for the moment)

10. Deathchild

Deathchild Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    Getting impatient.

11. k3vst3r

k3vst3r Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KP3090
    Maybe am getting old too, but feel same way. All this hype for a product :3eyes:

12. CrunchyBiscuit

CrunchyBiscuit Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 980 Ti
    :giggle2: I agree.

13. mtdew332

mtdew332 Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 390x
    Too late.
    Lack of drivers and lack of any initiative from AMD to work with Devs to ensure AMD customers had proper drivers for games at launch already killed AMD.
    [​IMG]
    It doesn't matter how good your hardware is if there is no driver support for your customers.
    Your customers have been telling you this for YEARS!
    But AMD continues to ignore it.

Still don't believe it?
    ^^See chart above^^

There were still people on the Titanic when it went down, claiming it was unsinkable.
    And I'm sure the smart people in the lifeboats felt bad for them and wished them the best.

Its time to bail or go down with the ship.

14. Deathchild

Deathchild Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    Don't know what your big issue is mtdew332, rofl..

15. Fox2232

Fox2232 Guest

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    Considering nVidia came with very reasonable price tag on 980Ti, AMD should act or not be surprised that people who buy 980Ti will not drop it for anything AMD brings.

And looking at our bunch which is already impatient I do not see general PC crowd waiting single day from moment they can buy it in shop.
    (Our Czech eshops are not listing 980ti yet, but moment they do, this show is over.)

16. Noisiv

Noisiv Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2070 Super
    Lowish price ($649) of 980 Ti is either:
    1. indicative of excellent 390X performance
    2. Nvidia will be hitting them in the head with it, ala $329 GTX 970

I am leaning toward 1.

17. Fox2232

Fox2232 Guest

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    There were people in Titanic, locked down to die. And captain who knew what's going on.

And those people in boats? Smart? In what universe? They were scared to death.

Only ship you are talking about is PC gaming. And yes, if it goes down, we are going with it.

18. Darkest

Darkest Guest

GPU:
    3060ti Vision OC V2
    I'm of a similar opinion, AMD need to stop faffing about with this poor marketing nonsense and actually release the card though. The 980Ti is very attractive for people who have been waiting it out, including those that thought the 390X was just around the corner. It's borderline vapourware at this point. I'd love to invest in another AMD card, but I'm not going to wait forever.

19. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    Thing is, those who buy the 980ti will not buy the 390x, unless it offers considerably better performance for same price. None of the 980ti owners will jump on the 390x if it offers 10-20% more performance.

Last edited: Jun 1, 2015
  20. JaxMacFL

JaxMacFL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Strix 4090 OC
    AMD = Much Ado About Nothing.:thumbdown