The Witcher 3 Official Thread (Pt.2)

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by morbias, May 15, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dead Squallit

Dead Squallit Guest

GPU:
    Palit GTX 980 1480/4000
  2. jbscotchman

jbscotchman Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1660 Ti Ventus
    Around 80 hours in at level 19 and I cannot say enough good things about this game. Cd projekt pulled off a masterpiece and I had no doubt they would do it. Everytime I play I feel like I'm playing something thats entirely new and adventurous. Just started skellige last night and it feels like a whole new world. Making it a point not to rush through the main story so at the rate I'm playing I feel I'm gonna be pushing 200 hours on my first play through. Fantastic job Cd projekt. Oh and that performance by Priscilla.... amazing.

3. Carfax

Carfax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac 4090 Extreme
    I don't think they were fake. A lot of other techsites found similar results..

It's that the first round of release benchmarks focused on White Orchard, since that's the first area in the game. Of course now that the game has been out a while, they've gotten a chance to test other areas like Novigrad which are much larger and more complex and so require more resources from the system.

4. nanogenesis

nanogenesis Guest

GPU:
    MSI R9 390X 1178|6350
    velen swamps have the worst performance for me. Novigrad runs faster by comparison, and performance in skelliege is the best.

On my second playthrough I just straight went to Novigrad. Had some trouble with low level initially but got exp points real fast.

5. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    Some horizon shots.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. ravaged

ravaged Guest

GPU:
    ASUS 2080 Super
    The Witcher does look best when you can't make out much of anything due to screen effects.

7. Angantyr

Angantyr Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070 Super X
    This might be irrelevant to the current discussion on the game. But does anyone know if the " old " and smaller loot window can somehow be brought back? The new and huge loot window introduced with 1.04 is just so ... big, too big for my liking and feels out of place.

8. Vipu2

Vipu2 Guest

GPU:
    1070ti
    Yesterday did armorer quest where I had to kill 10lvls higher griffin...
    Took long and many tries but finally got it totally worth it to get 10lvls higher armor for reward!
    Wasnt even that good armor bleh..

9. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    Yeah RTSS fps limiter can sometimes make wonders over build-in or no limiter, I saw the same in BF series, COD series, or any game with vsync on.

RTSS> ingame limiter> driver limiter in terms of smoothness.

10. Vipu2

Vipu2 Guest

GPU:
    1070ti
    So you are using RTSS limiter and game doesnt crash?

How can I make my RTSS/afterburner work with this?
    I havent crashed once after I closed afterburned so its that crashing my game.
    Its bit poop to play without any OC...

11. Uncle Dude

Uncle Dude Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090

FWIW: I've got forty crash-free hours in the game; all of it with MSI Afterburner running an on-screen display. My cards are not overclocked beyond the factory settings, however.

12. Halfmead

Halfmead Guest

GPU:
    GigaByte 2070 Super
    For crashes...try to revert back to driver 347.88 (keep the new physX), it helped alot on my crashing.
    In truth the 3xx.x game (un)ready drivers are a bit poop, and on top Witcher doesn't really play nice with anything but itself as well sadly :/

13. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    There is virtually no difference between i3/i5/i7 in this game. Even an oc'd 3258 pentium hangs with the big boys. FX chips are left behind again but not by much, game isnt CPU heavy at all.

Idk, that russian site always have some strange benchmarks.

Last edited: May 31, 2015
  14. Daftshadow

Daftshadow Maha Guru

GPU:
    Zotac RTX 3080
    i was getting crashes too, well actually the game would just freeze with audio still playing in the background, then it'll CTD with that little icon showing the driver display stopped responding mumbo jumbo. this happened a few times. not sure why, temps are under control.

but since the last crash, i uninstalled the driver using DDU and reinstalled the latest driver and so far no crashes. may be that did the trick, who knows.

I like the Witcher School of Bear armor combined with Feline boots combo.

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 31, 2015
  15. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    http://forums.cdprojektred.com/thre...-next-patch-(1-04-1-05)?p=1728578#post1728578

16. Grimbarian

Grimbarian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3070 Ti

Are you using a USB extension with the controller? I had this in the past using a 10m USB extension which was under powered and didn't have enough power for the rumble feature on a wired 360 controller, so switched to wireless dongle and wireless 360 controller and it worked fine, although now replaced with a bluetooth dongle and PS4 controller which is much better :)

17. Dch48

Dch48 Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire Nitro+ RX 470 4g
    I'm still on 1.02 with no problems.

18. Angantyr

Angantyr Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070 Super X
    Oh FFS, at least let it be optional. Instead of the forced **** that was the inventory pop up size. :bang:

19. Andrew LB

Andrew LB Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080@2,025
    Same thing happened to me. I've managed to get some amazing armor from the weakest fights, yet got skunked (blue lesser mutagen) after battling an earth elemental for like 5 minutes. ugh...

At least the farting trolls gave me a laugh...

https://youtu.be/CfzuOHm_xq8

20. Carfax

Carfax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac 4090 Extreme
    It's not just "that russian site." Eurogamer is reporting the same thing:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rutk9ErhKG4

There's basically a twenty FPS difference between the 4690K and the 4790K in the Novigrad scene..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.