Mkeezay29s GTA V Mods

Discussion in 'Game Tweaks and Modifications' started by mkeezay29, May 10, 2015.

1. Snarkoid

Snarkoid Member

GPU:
    evga GTX 980 Superclocked
    Great job! Your efforts are much appreciated!
    Character's headlights shadow is nigh...

2. mahmut_cinar

mahmut_cinar New Member

GPU:
    gtx670
  3. CondorLeone

CondorLeone Guest

GPU:
    GTX660 2gb
    I'm really impressed, amazing job mate! You should be working at R* ;)

BTW, I still hope there's a way to increase resolution of nighttime shadows cast by artificial lights. Or anything to just make them look better :)

4. mkeezay29

mkeezay29 Guest

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 760 4GB

Thank You guys

I think playing with the parameters of the emissivenight shader might do the trick, or there is also a file that dictates shadows at different times of the day, I'll try to replace either the lighting source or the shadow params, I think it can be done without much hassle, but I just got the shader files open the day before yesterday so I'm still hard at work looking through the contents and switching some shaders to use other shaders I find more enjoyable to the eye.

And before anyone says anything about you can get headlight shadows with ultra and long shadows enabled, yes you can but I can enable them without that option, have each light cast it's own shadow, and cast shadows on objects that never used to cast shadows, so I think my way is better as it doesn't cost 20 frames per second and it's more realistic I think

5. Snarkoid

Snarkoid Member

GPU:
    mkeezay29, please keep us updated on character's shadow from headlights! If possible. =) Nobody else has ever succeeded in achieving it. There are tons of mods at www.gta5-mods.com, but neither adds the shadow!

6. mkeezay29

mkeezay29 Guest

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 760 4GB
    Will do, hopefully I get it before anyone else does, btw just noticed you at grandtheftauto.net in the headlight shadows section, trying to explain to them that my lights are different is like trying to hammer a cooked noodle through a concrete wall, can they not see there are 2 light sources now lol, it's not exactly hard to see the difference, plus I have ultra and long shadows disabled.

7. johnnyman28

johnnyman28 Active Member

GPU:
    Asus R9 290 DirectCU II
    any instructions how to install it?i replaced the files with openiv but now gta v crashes at story loading...

8. mkeezay29

mkeezay29 Guest

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 760 4GB
    If you have placed the files in the proper folder it should work fine but you aren't the first to have this problem, I'm going to upload the default common.rpf and x64.rpf and the modified one so you just have to replace a single file, give me a couple minutes.

The instructions are to install OpenIV with the optional loader, than place the files from the common.rpf folder in the common.rpf file, and do the same with x64a.rpf, I'm guessing the people with crashes might have a different copy of the game (Steam,Rockstar,Physical) and there is a difference somewhere, maybe something as simple as a version # in a file.

So I will find the common.rpf and x64a.rpf from various versions and check, for now I will just upload a modified and a default version of those 2 files, remember when the contents of an rpf file is changed it can't yet be re-encrypted, so you have to have the loader it asks if you want installed during the OpenIV installation.

One thing you might want to try is opening OpenIV, go to "File\rebuild then pick the files you added to and rebuild them, might work.

9. johnnyman28

GPU:
    Asus R9 290 DirectCU II
    i have the default files ,its ok now but some of ur files doesnt exists in common/date ffolder like branchbend_maxshadersetting or branchbend_swwindsettings

Last edited: May 29, 2015
  10. mkeezay29

mkeezay29 Guest

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 760 4GB
    That's odd, if you are able to upload you common.rpf I will check it and see what has changed and throw in the files and test which one is bad, they all work on mine and all open in firefox with no errors so I'm kind of stumped

11. johnnyman28

GPU:
    Asus R9 290 DirectCU II
    cant uploaded cuz my upload speed sucks hard...

12. mkeezay29

mkeezay29 Guest

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 760 4GB
    alright well try this rpf and just keep yours backed up again, than at least I'll know if it's the installation or the files.

Sorry for the wait, here is a modified common.rpf, try it out

GTA REALISM MOD

Last edited: May 30, 2015
  13. fabiobad

fabiobad Active Member

GPU:
    GTX 1060 ARMOR 6G OCV1
    actually you need only to set the shadows quality at "very high" for have the casting shadows :)

BTW it's still a great job ^^

For the other question.. nope, i have the retail version.

14. mkeezay29

mkeezay29 Guest

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 760 4GB
    Yeh I realized after that when I changed the light parameters I also changed the replaced another vehicle lights file entirely with a source that had a single light, so when I changed the headlight split and angle back to normal and changed the parameter back to 1 I ended up with the default settings but the file was a single light source so it wouldn't cast two shadows, only took me a full day to realize what I had done hahaha.

Ahh I'm using the Steam Version and yes it does have a bifferent common.rpf and x64b.rpf apparently, have you tried the new upload of just the RPF file?
    if that doesn't work I will have to make 2 versions, one Steam, one Retail, and possibly one for R* digital store sales.

15. Snarkoid

Snarkoid Member

GPU:
    Yes, I posted everywhere I could to raise the issue of no headlights shadow )))) Oddly enough, not too many people take it as a flaw. What is more, some justify it. WTF??:bang:

BTW, I can see two separate shadows from headlights without any tweaks as well. Have you sorted it out?

16. dollmaster

dollmaster Guest

GPU:
    ASUS GTX 970 STRIX 4GB
    I think trains are too fast, like fast forward.

17. mkeezay29

mkeezay29 Guest

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 760 4GB
    Yeh I had replaced the lighting sorce with a singular one, threw the default file back in and it's fine.

Dollmaster I'll lower train speeds in my next update,, if you want just open trains and traintracks.xml and lower the speed, but I also think they are too fast so I'll be turning them down in my new update which is just about ready.
    Also dollmaster are you using version 0.2 or 0.3, the spped is a bit lower in 0.3

18. dollmaster

dollmaster Guest

GPU:
    ASUS GTX 970 STRIX 4GB
    I'm using version 0.3. Trams are even faster, they ran over NPCs many times.

19. mkeezay29

mkeezay29 Guest

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 760 4GB
    lol sounds cool but not realistic, I'll turn them down more.

20. fabiobad

fabiobad Active Member

GPU:
    GTX 1060 ARMOR 6G OCV1
    do you mean your "Better_Shadows_Plus_Extras_V0.2" ?
    Yep, tried now again and nope, still not working :/

Pls, take a look and see if you can do a mod for reatail/R* digital version... thank you!!!