AMD Catalyst 15.5 Beta Driver for Windows OS out now

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by LtMatt81, May 29, 2015.

1. admile5

admile5 Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 290X TriX 4GB
    Do you use RP for tesselation? If so, try CCC. http://www.overclock.net/t/1556474/...d-cards-smoothly-cc-tweak/20_20#post_23929767

2. TestDrivers

TestDrivers Guest

GPU:
    MSI 980Ti Gaming 6G
    Yeah for my part.
    Using RTSS for framelimit, and VSYNC. And the game is pretty smooth, some hickups in the start, but then nice performance.
    No flickering in gameworld so far for me, but pretty bad flickering in menus. Especially when bartering, all the wares vendors wont buy (those with red overlay) flickers wildly. Also flickering in the Character section.

so I'm pleased with these drivers.

3. gmb

gmb Guest

GPU:
    GTX 960

Physx has nothing to do with your problem. Try to fix your drivers first is a better idea. Windows 10 is still faster than Cat 15.5. Work harder on Windows 7/8 drivers. Nvidia managed to get a 50% boost from their driver overhead optimizations last year.

4. Fox2232

Fox2232 Guest

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    It gave me no boost on W10 in comparison to 15.200.1023.3 driver. But I expected that. What it gained by optimizations for Witcher 3, it lost on WDDM and other stuff.
    Now updating to W10 build 10130. Wonder if that changes anything.

Last edited: May 30, 2015

5. TestDrivers

TestDrivers Guest

GPU:
    MSI 980Ti Gaming 6G
    I had no gains in single card, but in CFX it's another story. I think I will try the modded 1023.3 drivers, and use the CFX profile from this driver that asder00 provided in this thread:

http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=399498

6. Romulus_ut3

Romulus_ut3 Master Guru

GPU:
    NITRO+ RX5700 XT 8G
    Source? If nvidia did achieve up to 50% improvement by optimizing CPU overhead, why aren't Kepler GPUs outperforming their AMD counterparts?

7. Bleib

Bleib Guest

GPU:
    MSI RX 480 8GB
    Had to use Display Driver Uninstaller to get this to install correctly... otherwise CCC would crash at boot. How hard can it be to get new drivers to actually install correctly? Nobody should have to use 3rd party apps to get the installs to work.

8. Deathchild

Deathchild Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    Dude you can put these on, problem solved. http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=399498

I did the same.

Got vbs 1023 + the 15.5b tweaks. CF runs like a dream although there's minor flickering here and there and a bit of stuttering.

Yes that's a good idea, I've done the same, although I'm running the normal 1023.

9. sammarbella

sammarbella Guest

GPU:
    290X Lightning CFX (H2O)
  10. Deathchild

Deathchild Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    rofl, you're clairvoyant bro! You saw the future hehe, or rather.. felt it. :D

:)

11. sammarbella

sammarbella Guest

GPU:
    290X Lightning CFX (H2O)
    I promess i didn't see the news before posting earlier about my prehistorics setups. :pc1:

AMD marketing dept. should be short in ideas to recycle such old GPU name. :D

12. Kipsofthemud

Kipsofthemud Guest

GPU:
    2x R9 290
    How did you force the SMAA? Through catalyst? could you show me your exact catalyst config please :3?

I can't seem to force any sort of AA (in Catalyst) without getting flickering or a negative Crossfire scaling...I have disabled temporal aa in the rendering.ini and disabled anti-aliasing in the ingame menu and put tesselation to 8x as the AMD guide told me to.

With this disabled, crossfire scaling is great and everything is running smoothe for me, but I still hate all the jaggies so is there any way for me to apply AA without getting the flickering (but a little flickering wouldnt be too bad for me...) or the negative crossfire scaling?

Edit: during the day flickering on buildings is pretty bad with shadows on ultra, on High it's better but i still see a lot of flickering no matter the options I change...sharpening off etc.

13. TestDrivers

TestDrivers Guest

GPU:
    MSI 980Ti Gaming 6G
    I'm using Reshade + SweetFX 2.0
    http://reshade.me/#download

with this preset:
    https://sfx.thelazy.net/games/preset/3718/

14. Scoica

Scoica Active Member

GPU:
    rx 580 xxx
    dat 10% increase

15. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    Depends on the card. I'm seeing 3-4fps more than with 15.4. That is indeed 10%.

16. Bloodred217

Bloodred217 Master Guru

GPU:
    2x GTX 1080 G1 Gaming 8GB
    I'm using ReShade + SweetFX with the default SMAA settings right now. All you need to do really is drop the files next to witcher3.exe and edit the config to suit you (or use the default, I think that one only enables SMAA and nothing else).

17. niczerus

niczerus Guest

GPU:
    MSI GamingX 580 4GB
    any idea to fix stuttering problem on witcher 3?

18. theoneofgod

theoneofgod Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 8GB
    If you've tried things like using RTSS and using borderless windowed mode etc, then no, we must wait for possible game updates that fix it.

19. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    Play in fullscreen not borderless windowed. Have few stutter here and there but overall game is smooth for me.

20. Nurmi

Nurmi Guest

GPU:
    R9 Fury Tri-X
    Second screen causes this one. :banana: