AMD Catalyst 15.5 Beta Driver for Windows OS out now

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by LtMatt81, May 29, 2015.

1. maap

maap Member

GPU:
    ASUS TUF RTX 4080
    We all have a right to our opinions. No flame war intended. I've been running CF or should I say SLI since the 3DFX days, With AMD my first was a 5970 and have been running them ever since, 5970, 6970, skipped the 7x and now the 290x, also have a 290 cf system, my wife's. Not sure she actually knows what she has....lol

And this is just the reason I don't post much. Just trying to help those that it's not working for. Like previously said, I'll upload anything ya'll ask in order to help

2. sammarbella

sammarbella Guest

GPU:
    290X Lightning CFX (H2O)
    I don't dare to accuse you or anybody to be a liar.

I simply expose the fact as is.

It should be coincidence IDK.

the things are how they are...not how we want them to be.

3. TestDrivers

TestDrivers Guest

GPU:
    MSI 980Ti Gaming 6G
    Wow, you are really condescending.. :3eyes:

4. maap

maap Member

GPU:
    ASUS TUF RTX 4080
    Again, lets just flame out. I do understand. There's a lot of folks that are on here posting all the time and have lets says generated a positive rep for themselves. And completely logical to side with who's provided valid info in the past. Just don't overlook someone just because their title says newb. Hell, if we keep up this thread I might move out of newb status in less then 15 yrs. I think I've posted more on here since the W3 release then in the past 5 yrs

5. sammarbella

sammarbella Guest

GPU:
    290X Lightning CFX (H2O)
    It simply seems more logic to me that experienced users know better how to activate fullscreen than newer and less experienced.

If logic is condescendence for you, ok i'm condescendent. :)

6. TestDrivers

TestDrivers Guest

GPU:
    MSI 980Ti Gaming 6G
    Yes, let's do that. Been building computers myself for nearly 25 years now, so just glad to help others.
    We must just enjoy the game, and be happy it works quite well for us :D

7. TestDrivers

TestDrivers Guest

GPU:
    MSI 980Ti Gaming 6G
    As stated, I have been a member here for 13 years, and also built my own PC for almost 25, so I think I have some experience. I don't know why some have trouble getting it to work, but I works here. But I have some tweaks in various ini files, so that can be one reason.

8. zer0_c0ol

zer0_c0ol Ancient Guru

GPU:
    FuryX cf
    disable the sharpening filter ppl if u have shimmering

9. sammarbella

sammarbella Guest

GPU:
    290X Lightning CFX (H2O)
    Post number per se is not a valid tool to qualify opinions of a user.

It's only a possible clue of experience if we compare groups of posters not single ones.

I'm sure that you are smarter and clever than me but that doesn't mean nothing in statistics. :)

10. NotMe

NotMe Guest

GPU:
    HD 7990 @ 1000/1500
    New drivers looks good.

Get some initial flickering running CFX, but it seems to settle down after a little while.

11. Mooby29

Mooby29 Guest

GPU:
    R9 290X@1150/1500mhz
    Best driver I've tried for Assetto Corsa. It's never been so smooth here.

12. maap

maap Member

GPU:
    ASUS TUF RTX 4080
    I would never imply that and hope it's not taken that way. The only thing I have is a lot of experience. Through my military career anytime you rebuffed or rebutted someone or something you better have your little duckies in row cause your dam well gonna be called on it

13. sammarbella

sammarbella Guest

GPU:
    290X Lightning CFX (H2O)
    To find a pic of my first PC (Amstrad PC1512) i must visit a museum like this:

http://www.old-computers.com/museum/computer.asp?c=183

[​IMG]

My first "real" GPU was an ATI Rage fury 32 MB so i'm not precisely an Nvidia fanboy.

We are getting old! :D

14. zer0_c0ol

zer0_c0ol Ancient Guru

GPU:
    FuryX cf
    disable aa or sharpening to low

15. flashmozzg

flashmozzg Member Guru

GPU:
    R9 290 4GB @ 947/1250

16. maap

maap Member

GPU:
    ASUS TUF RTX 4080
    Where are you guys seeing flickering? I've ridden and walked around, gone into town, picked herbs, killed some critters, looked in distance and I seriously have no flickering and pre driver it was like someone was standing off screen with a strobe light. It was that bad.

17. maap

maap Member

GPU:
    ASUS TUF RTX 4080
    That's great...lol

My first overclock was with a 8088, PCM Magazine (Tandy) had an acticle about how the 8088, running at 4.77 mhz could actually run at 8 mhz. All you had to do was get a piggy back socket, bend out these 2 pins, attach a new crystal (they gave you the specs). Mounted a hard toggle switch on the front of my tandy 1000 and poof, had an 8mhz 8088...lol

Oh and the graphics powerful Tandy 1000 had 16 colors...lol, not 16 bit but just 16 colors. How things have changed

Last edited: May 29, 2015
  18. millibyte

millibyte Maha Guru

GPU:
    Smoothbore125mm gun
    I regularly see it in the White Orchard section near the heavily forested areas near the south and on the sandy areas near the water. It's weird, I made a save next to an area that was particularly bad. Usually when I load the save initially, the shadow flickering isn't present but if I go into the forest for example and then come back to that same spot, the flickering returns. I've also tried different times of day and the flickering persists. Maybe it doesn't effect 290/x series, in which case you're lucky because it pretty much kills immersion.

19. NotMe

NotMe Guest

GPU:
    HD 7990 @ 1000/1500
    It is, need the sharpening...so I'll live with it until they get another fix out :)

Thanks

20. sammarbella

sammarbella Guest

GPU:
    290X Lightning CFX (H2O)
    These were good times at least for me. :)

Speaking about statistic:

How much people here know how Windows 1.0 looks like?
    My (then) powerful computer was able to run it... :D