Witcher 3 & PCars improvements for the 15.200 driver

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by asder00, May 29, 2015.

Tags:
  1. PrMinisterGR

PrMinisterGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 3090
    Try setting a frame limiter (not the one in the game, it's not good actually). Th driver shouldn't have any difference at all from a fully installed driver, performance-wise.

2. razorbackdb

razorbackdb Member

GPU:
    AMD R7 260x 2GB
    Thank you asder.

3. fixel

fixel Guest

GPU:
    Fury X
    This is AWESOME. I'm on Windows 10 and am getting nearly 2x scaling in Witcher 3. (Was averaging 60fps before, averaging 110-115 now) I'm observing no flicker or any other adverse effects.

Getting minor stutter every now and then but nothing like the awful GTA5 Crossfire.

Thanks heaps asder00 :D

Last edited: May 29, 2015
  4. Gapster

Gapster Guest

GPU:
    2xSapphire R9 290x Tri-x
    This is exactly what i'm dreaming about Thx a lot!

5. PrMinisterGR

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 3090
    Quick note: Apart from Crossfire scaling which I cannot comment on, for my single 7970 the "R9 3xx" driver is a couple of fps faster, especially in combat. I use this for Project CARS though.

6. flashmozzg

flashmozzg Member Guru

GPU:
    R9 290 4GB @ 947/1250
    Just don't forget to delete these before upgrading to new driver. (Or the game will use old dlls regardless)

7. velocityx

velocityx Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 Ti FE - EK FCB
    uh right, no worries, we're not in danger of getting any new drivers, its amd ;d

8. |ALE|

|ALE| Guest

on win 10 with 1023.3 driver pcars does't start giving vsrious error on launching the exe.removing the dlls it works again

9. theoneofgod

theoneofgod Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 8GB
    I'm not worried. We will have The Witcher 4 before I need to delete those files :)

10. Shadowxaero

Shadowxaero Guest

GPU:
    Zotac RTX 4090 Amp
    Same for me but with Witcher instead.

11. Deathchild

Deathchild Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    damn these profiles working good, although a bit of flickering and stuttering here and there, otherwise ok.

Last edited: May 30, 2015
  12. TestDrivers

TestDrivers Guest

GPU:
    MSI 980Ti Gaming 6G
    Yes they do. I was partly satisfied when I used the Sleeping Dogs profile, but these are in another league.
    Where do you get flickering? I have them only in bartering and character screen, not in the gameworld so far.
    I'm using RTSS framelimiting and VSYNC, and the stuttering is a lot less for me.

13. Deathchild

Deathchild Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    Alright, nice. Also got vsync on though, and limiting my fps.. but, the thing is.. my refresh rate is 114 lol. :D So a bit hard to limit there LOL, + my cards aint pushing that much, 85 fps max, but that's only a few instances.

14. TestDrivers

TestDrivers Guest

GPU:
    MSI 980Ti Gaming 6G
    I have a framelimit of 55 now, found out that works best with the settings I have. And with vsync the stuttering is not bad

15. Noisiv

Noisiv Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2070 Super
    And what about game profiles? CAP, or whatever they calling them.

Is that information also incorporated within these dlls, or will I end up with new driver + my installed driver CAP?

Do these things still exist?
    If not then how come it is possible to bring improvements yet keep the same old 14.12 D3D driver; something we've seen through all this time..

16. asder00

asder00 Don Di Driver

GPU:
    RX VEGA 64 Liquid
    atiapfxx.blb was part of the cap and is still around today in the drivers, but it seems that they prefer updating profiles within dlls.

Don't know why they don't upgrade the versioning of the d3d driver in official releases even though game profiles are added in the dlls.
    The profiles you see in ccc while using crossfire are read from that file and not from the dlls.

My advice is stick with the latest driver available at that moment especially now that we are getting the win 10 drivers.
    The nice thing about the win 10 drivers is that they come from amd main branch of drivers, which means latest and most updated driver possible at that time, not like the stupid official betas that are based on old branches with the addiction of new game profiles, a bunch of fixes and nothing more.

With the main branch you get everyting that they are working on like vsr for more cards and 4k, improved number of dx11 draw calls, fps limiter. (not working atm but it's there)
    And of course performance improvements for various titles.
    Yeah and new bugs or issues for examble with the 15.200.1036 may 22 driver ccc is a bit broken. :p

17. Noisiv

Noisiv Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2070 Super
    I'l be damn it works. Imagine the possibilities!
    Tested with OpenGL/Wolfenstein. Graphic corruption with 1023.3 and 1036. Works fine with 15.5.
    Stupid game (dev console) keeps reporting 1023.3, doesn't know what hit her :D

18. PrMinisterGR

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 3090
    I honest to god can't understand why they don't switch to that new branch since the 1018.1. They would have escaped so much bad criticism. The drivers are actually good :bang:

19. Vbs

Vbs Guest

GPU:
    Asus Strix 970, 1506/7806
    I agree 100%, and this just makes them look bad. It's like the official drivers are just kept on life support nowadays. :3eyes:

Some press reviews of the 980 Ti that went live a few hours ago already picked up on this, when comparing it with the 295X.

20. Noisiv

Noisiv Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2070 Super
    Witcher 3 single GPU performance, 14.12, 15.5, 1023.3, 1036, Fiji - INDISTINGUISHABLE.
    For both frametimes distribution an avg. FPS.
    (2560x1440, Ultra, GameWorks=Off)

Same for 1023.3, 15.5
    (1920x1080, Ultra)

Used G19 macros to make perfectly reproducible 60s run.
    Lost 3 hours and came back with NOTHING :wanker: