Batman: Arkham Knight performance, driver, and issues.

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by oGow89, May 27, 2015.

1. theoneofgod

theoneofgod Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 8GB
    When I bought my GPU's we had CAPs...

2. sammarbella

sammarbella Guest

GPU:
    290X Lightning CFX (H2O)
    I'm full aware of that but this doesn't mean i can't express myself in other topics.

There is no rules about been restricted to post about a single topic in here.

Maybe you are the one not full aware what i was about the DX11 "war on fanboyism" ask PR if you want the full story, there is more than what you can see.

:)

I agree with you on that.

I was plain wrong on this.

I thought AMD was a SERIOUS company supporting his flagship product 295X2.

My 290X crossfire is basically the same if not better solution been 2 independent crossfired GPUs.

3. ObscureangelPT

ObscureangelPT Guest

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1650 Supe
    You had.
    I remember those days, altough sammarbella have 2x290X in this due time, the support were already pretty bad. unfortunaly.

I'm not here to defend AMD, they lack of support, i'm against them seriously, they should had better support, its true.

But like i sayed, i don't see the point of this threads, before time in a game that my hopes is that will not have CF support on day one, for being nvidia parternship, like all the games that were released with that nvidia parnership.
    This is not something new, at all, you buyed the same GPU in the same timeline as me, so you are aware of that.

I already sent more than one time suggestions to AMD on AMD Report to bring back the goddamn CAP profiles, and i don't even have or never will have a CF/SLI System.
    More surely they will never read it tought.

Well i do fell you.
    You are a different type of people of me.
    I will never require SLI/CF cause for me a mid GPU is enough for several years.

Altought you are more demanding and its noticable that a single GPU is not enough.
    We need to be more realistic, i don't expect AMD to bring CF on day one on a Nvidia branded game, almost never happen before even when Gameworks wasn't born.
    Even sometimes in their AMD Gaming Evolved games they didn't had it on day one XD

Its sad, cause Money is hard to earn where i live, and having 1 gpu resting all the time is not good, it would give brain damage to think that i had spent so much more and had to wait all the time for support.

But like i sayed, Nvidia is much better in supporting SLI, but they miss many times the day one on AMD Titles too.

Personally if i had to make a dual gpu system, i would go to nvidia, no doubt, but singe GPU, i am so-so satisfied with my choice, the only point is the godamn overhead on DX11 that is killing me.

Last edited: May 28, 2015
  4. sammarbella

sammarbella Guest

GPU:
    290X Lightning CFX (H2O)
    To all AMD fanboys, please let us express our frustration about the lack of support from AMD drivers in this AMD drivers forum.

BTW This is not the "AMD Workship" forum.

We have the same right to complaint about the lack of support for the GPUs we bought and let EVERYBODY knows it than you have to workship AMD,be happy about lies and lack of support and try to silence the knowledge of this.

:)

When it's time to upgrade i will buy the best GPU avalaible SUPPORT wise, no matter it's Nvidia, AMD or Intel.

5. Lord Lucifer

Lord Lucifer Guest

GPU:
    2x Titan X SLI
    So I switched from AMD back to Nvidia. But I was going to add Arkham City to the discussion...

Arkham City ran horribly on release (2 months after console) all the physx bells and whistles had massive performance issues...

In fairness I think it'll be fine if your not relying on higher then 1080p gaming / Crossfire support. Ultimately that was my biggest issue with the 295's

6. Atlas

Atlas Maha Guru

GPU:
    290 x2, Saphire reference
    Lol, I wish it was the 'AMD workship' forum.

Look, we got your point the first time. And yes, you've got the right to expres yourself but you are complaining in each and every topic. You are not contributing anything really at this moment in time accusing members of being a fanboy and acting like a cry baby (I wish G3D had emoticons for little dwarfs jumping up and down like a kid).

7. sammarbella

sammarbella Guest

GPU:
    290X Lightning CFX (H2O)
    I was a fool to expect better AMD support but that doesn't mean we deseve it or that AMD has the right to drop his GPU customers in the dust.

I didn't buy cheap cards or with "support less" stickers on it!

I didn't expect AMD shooting itself on the foot, GPU makers without good support are going down on sales.

Market shares speak by itself.

I want AMD to have success, provide support and avoid an Nvidia monopoly but right now customers will run to Nvidia arms FAST.

A come back will bring an annoying question to the table : Why it was close in the first place?

A good answer is very hard to provide specially following the shutdown of RP by a contract with a close AMD partner...

8. theoneofgod

theoneofgod Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 8GB
    So he's accusing people that defend AMD as fanboys and you call those that are against their lack of support cry babies. We have serious issues here!

9. sammarbella

sammarbella Guest

GPU:
    290X Lightning CFX (H2O)
    I don't think you are a "fanboy" the same way you don't think i'm a "basher". :)

you have the right to try to silence any critic and i have the right to critic.

10. Atlas

Atlas Maha Guru

GPU:
    You're right. And, you have the right to critic but too much and well, you know what I mean.

11. sammarbella

sammarbella Guest

GPU:
    290X Lightning CFX (H2O)
    I don't accuse him of being a fanboy.

I was replying to his post about "bashers" in the same manner he used.

I guess the reverse of AMD basher is an AMD fanboy.

He took the flag by himself.

12. sammarbella

sammarbella Guest

GPU:
    290X Lightning CFX (H2O)
    No i don't know what you mean.

Are you the "ONE" who put the limits?

Is that?

LOL

13. Atlas

Atlas Maha Guru

GPU:
    Nha, no problem here. I called people who do this in every thread a cry baby ;)

However, you make a good point. Why don't we make an AMD (and Nvida, Matrox and what not) fanboy thread and a separate 'basher' thread? That way we can keep scientific analysis thread apart.

14. theoneofgod

theoneofgod Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 8GB
    I wonder who would visit the fanboy thread.

15. ObscureangelPT

ObscureangelPT Guest

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1650 Supe
    2 good questions that i would like to bet answered.
    The close of the CAPs, i think is due the fact they had betas all the time, i remeber on some year, they had 6 or 7 beta releases in the same month, because that month was Christmas or near Christmas and there was a lot of games released.
    They were indeed very quick supporting everything with their betas and they released next month the equivalente WHQL, while in that month we had new betas.

They weren't as stable as today not even close, but things worked well in most games.
    So i think it was because of that, but now would be a good time to bring back caps, since they only releases betas when someone in heaven falls down XD

About the RP, i was happy when they announced they got the guy to AMD, i was a little bit not confident when discovered he was going to Gaming Evolved app, but today i am very disappointed, cause nothing happen.
    No adaptive vysnc, no nothing new :(

16. sammarbella

sammarbella Guest

GPU:
    290X Lightning CFX (H2O)
    Nahhh

They are better here:

The few quiet days following the "DX11 API overhead war" fallout were very boring with all AMD fanboys hidden under the same rock! :D

17. Atlas

Atlas Maha Guru

GPU:
    I am not imposing any limits. Feel free to do anything you like, but keep it real.

18. theoneofgod

theoneofgod Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 8GB
    Haha, that's true! The overhead discussion was fun :)

19. sammarbella

sammarbella Guest

GPU:
    290X Lightning CFX (H2O)
    What is real?

Is AMD support real or a fairy tale?

Show me your limits please. :)

20. theoneofgod

theoneofgod Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 8GB
    The thread is basically a place-holder but it's concerning to know a month before the release of Batman people are worrying about driver support. That right there is a fail AMD.