Mkeezay29s GTA V Mods

Discussion in 'Game Tweaks and Modifications' started by mkeezay29, May 10, 2015.

1. Snarkoid

Snarkoid Member

GPU:
    evga GTX 980 Superclocked
    Nice! Headlights shadows... :banana:

2. fabiobad

fabiobad Active Member

GPU:
    GTX 1060 ARMOR 6G OCV1
    Shadow Box is more important :banana:

3. Snarkoid

Snarkoid Member

GPU:
    Any news?

4. mkeezay29

mkeezay29 Guest

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 760 4GB
    I'm releasing the most stable build of my GTA REALISM mod in a couple minutes, a ton of features and some great improvements.

Here is a list of the features, this isn't finished but is well on it's way so I'm releasing it as is for now but will be updating it frequently.

FEATURES

1. Complete Overhaul of Police dispatch, Loadouts, Search and Combat Behaviors.
    1. Gunshots can be heard at 150 feet and may result in police being called, the less people around the better
    2. Crimes must be witnessed and reported, unless witnessed by a cop
    3. Cops called will search the area the crime happened, line of sight is now required, police will jump fences and enter properties so hide well
    4. Cops, Gangs, and Peds no longer have unlimited ammo
    5. Lower wanted levels attract less police
    6. Cops will no longer rush you when in combat, they are able to flank, but they will always look for cover
    7. Cops in cover now pop their heads up less frequently to shoot
    8. Police response times are more realistic.
    9. Most police now use Stun Guns with a 1 star wanted level
    10. Small crimes like reckless driving can be seen by peds within 75 feet, and may result in a 1 star wanted level
    11. Stealth kills and less noisy kills like hitting someone with a car now have to either be seen or heard by a ped within 5-10 feet depending on the crime
    12. All Accuracy levels have been lowered, the better the law enforcement (SWAT) the better the accuracy, if the AI is rolling, jumping, recently hurt, or firing from a wounded ground position their accuracy is much lower

2. Overhaul Of Weapons (features implemented so far)

1. Bullets changed from "Instant Hit" to "Projectile" and added forward velocity drop (still needs tweaking)
    2. Recoil increased for all guns, as well as recoil recovery time (more tweaking comin)
    3. Started conversion of clip sizes to real world counterparts (like all weapons tweaking still being optimized
    4. Explosives properties adjusted for better explosions (Molotovs burn bigger and longer, grenades have a bit more afterblast, vehicles and other objects burn longer and with more intensity, etc.)
    5. Speeds for some projected explosives increased, grenade launcher, rpg, and stinger fire projectiles at faster speeds

3. GRAPHICS, GAMEPLAY, AND PHYSICS ENHANCEMENTS

1. Masses for all living things changed closer to real world values, before all peds and animals were given the same values if they were the same family, now all masses are based on size and not type
    2. Breakable objects like road signs, fences wooden and metal, and other objects given full ragdoll and proper strengths, for some objects the difference is small but for others I think much more realistic.
    3. Denser Grass and foliage.
    4. The Humpback Whale is no longer invincible, but it's very strong.
    5. Fish and land animals will be attracted from greater distances
    6. Fur count on animals increased
    7. Grass and foliage shadow settings changed for much better shadows in grass,plant, bush and tree filled areas
    8. More natural looking Grass and Tree wind variations
    9. Improved Terrain Tessellation makes mountainsides and other normally dull terrain and gives it more curves and more shadows adding nice depth.
    10. Man-Made Water enhancements (pools have more natural ripples (speed is a bit quick but it will be changed in the next update
    11. Natural Water Enhancements (Ocean Waves and shore waves are slightly higher, ripples are bigger and foam intensity is higher)
    12. Improved Car Handling (still finishing them but many are using the same values as GTA 4 counterparts or very similar vehicles (wheels turn to the correct angle making turns wider, suspension and center of mass changed to more realistic settings, brake force, initial drive force, and max velocity altered to more realistic values) - A lot more tinkering til it's perfect
    13. Trains go faster, have more cars, a locomotive at both ends, will stop at stations and reverse direction on occasion, they also start braking at a greater distance due to increased speed, impacts with cars now almost always result in immediate explosion of the vehicle
    14. Rain enhancements (more rain drops, rain given 30% wind influence in direction, I will be adding deeper puddles, bigger splashes, and multiple rain presets that last for shorter periods than normal weather cycles with different wind directions for each rain setting which will make rain direction change regularly during a storm.

I have a lot more that needs tweaking but many files are close to done and will add even more features, right now shadows look amazing, I have a few videos to upload of the visual and gameplay features, like hiding from the police as they search all around me and me in fields showing off the increase in grass and foliage count as well as lighting enhancements, I will post links when they are done uploading and post some screenshots in a minute.

Upcoming Features

1. More realistic pedestrian reactions
    2. Renaming of all guns to real world counterparts ans working statistics for all of them, as well as real world bullet ranges and forward drp values
    3. Full modification of population cycle to create proper traffic amounts and through district and time specific spawning parameters create a more realistic flow of traffic, as well as more realistic pedestrian counts for specific areas, for example downtown should have plenty of peds at 2am but a suburb shouldn't (the popcycle file is massive and will take days alone to edit but doing so properly will make the cities population much more realistic not only in numbers but location as well)
    4. Adding slightly more reflection to metal objects and turning up lighting intensity for interior car lights, plate lights, dash light, brake and reverse light as well as blinker, still tweaking but as of now the night looks amazing with the road reflecting all the surrounding lights
    5. Going to replace the short grass texture with the medium grass texture to give the world more depth, still playing with collision values to get the best effect when driving over or walking through grass
    6. And a whole lot more coming, now that I have consolidated all my work into a single mod it will be easier to manage, in the next few updates the mod will be external and you will only have to replace one file in your game to point to it.

DOWNLOAD GTA REALISM 2.0

Last edited: May 27, 2015

5. dollmaster

dollmaster Guest

GPU:
    ASUS GTX 970 STRIX 4GB
    That'a amazing, dude. Neat stuff you have there. You think it's possible to have police cars patrolling around?

6. mkeezay29

mkeezay29 Guest

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 760 4GB
    Yep they just need to be added to the population cycle, you can also make any percent of the normal population into police, making them undercover I guess.

I was thinking at some point making a Martial Law type mod, have the streets filled with nothing but army and looters, but I'll save that for later, going to fucus on fleshing out this mod as much as possible first

7. dollmaster

dollmaster Guest

GPU:
    ASUS GTX 970 STRIX 4GB
    Yeah, I think you should focus on realism first. You're doing a great progress. Thx a lot.

8. mkeezay29

mkeezay29 Guest

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 760 4GB
    Thank You.
    Definitely, I've been working on it for a while now, the police searches are really great now, you can commit a crime and find a really creative hiding spot and have them all around you as long as they can't actually see you, they will hop fences though and go into backyards, I was hiding at Franklins house in the hills and they went through the outside door down the stairs and around my pool, also I disabled all cops ability to rush you, as it was police and swat etc. would advance on you even after a short amount of time even if it left them completely in the open, now they will seek cover and maintain a preset distance, they will try to flank now, but not rush which makes shootouts a lot more realistic, plus they will pop there heads up only briefly making it a more tactical experience.

The added recoil is good too but it needs to be a bit higher, still it definitely makes first person mode feel more like an FPS, all in all it's coming along nicely, the version I'm running is a bit different but the features still need tweaking before I release it, but with every update it's going to get a bit more reality based and a fairly different experience from the vanilla game, once I look up all the guns real speeds and drop rates it will really be great, I'm also going to disable the special abilities and have them set to an unused keyboard key for when it's needed in missions it can be activated, also going to get rid of pickups and the ability to control the car in mid air and also the jumps rewards, basically anything to make it as real as I can.

9. fabiobad

fabiobad Active Member

GPU:
    GTX 1060 ARMOR 6G OCV1
    Wow, great job, congratulation!

Sadly i'm not interested in mods that change the game (maybe after i've finished, and right now i haven't even started...).

So, the question is: do you think you'll ever be able to extend (very far) or disable the shadow box?

Just for understand if is useless or not to wait for an "impossible" mod ^^
    Thank you very much.

10. Snarkoid

Snarkoid Member

GPU:
    Terrific! And what about character's headlights shadow?

11. mkeezay29

mkeezay29 Guest

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 760 4GB
    Well right now the box is pretty much gone for me, but to actually erase the shadow bow I need to be able to view the shader files like cascadedshadow_rendering.fxc so I can compile my own slightly different shader, only problem is I can't view the contents of the files in any form other than hex and I can't compile a shader using hex data, there is a tool for GTA IV that reads shader files of the fxc extension but it has not yet been updated for GTA 5, until OpenIV allows me to disassemble or view the complete contents of the shader file or the shader viewing program is updated I have no way of editing those files.

That all being said I do expect someone will get the encryption on the files cracked so I can view the contents and compile a new shader much like the custom shaders in the ENB series GTA IV mods so it is possible and I don't think it will be too long of a wait.

I will upload some video of my game right now, I have no shadow box I can see.

Well I finally found all the lighting sources, I'm going to try a simple method of pointing the lighting effect for vehicles to the one for general lights and see what happens, if I can't just point it to the other source and make it work I'll have to do some blind replacing of files in the car lighting folder and test after each time to see results as the files are named so vaguely, instead of simply saying vehicle headlights it's just generic names with a letter at the end like genericname_U or genericname_p, but I'll find it even if I have to boot the game 500 times to get the right file switched, trust me I've been trying like hell, and now that I've found the light sources I was looking for I think I'll get it, it is something I want for the realism mod anyway

EDIT: I am finishing my work on making the first person combat more like an FPS
    field of view widened
    all guns now have proper drop velocity and bullets act as projectiles properly
    more powerful guns have piercing values that allow them to put bullets through thin surfaces
    recoil improved
    muzzle flashes now create shadows
    grenades will now bounce of vehicles and peds properly
    objects like street signs now can be destroyed with guns, if the bullet has enough force, heavier objects take guns with more force (shotguns) while the sign on top of a post can be taken off with smaller force ammo weapons (Combat Pistol)

UPLOADING THE UPDATE TONIGHT!

12. Snarkoid

Snarkoid Member

GPU:
    Hey man, much respect! The day we can see character's headlights shadow will be the day of your triumph.

13. mkeezay29

mkeezay29 Guest

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 760 4GB
    hahaha yes it will be, the worst part is I found the option to give muzzle flash shadows but not headlight shadows, you would think headlight shadows would be easier to enable than shadows from a guns half second flash of light.

14. dollmaster

dollmaster Guest

GPU:
    ASUS GTX 970 STRIX 4GB
    I still can't believe R* removed headlight shadows. Watch Dogs suffered the same on vanilla. Like, c'mon, it's PC version, that's unfair.

15. Snarkoid

Snarkoid Member

GPU:
    Indeed! Such a glaring flaw. The more especially as GTA IV does not suffer from it...

Huh? :(

16. mkeezay29

mkeezay29 Guest

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 760 4GB
    There is a line in the weapons configuration files that is disabled, it adds a shadow to objects lit up by your guns muzzle flash, I wish enabling headlight shadows was as simple as that.

17. Snarkoid

Snarkoid Member

GPU:
    Ah, got it. Apparently ))
    I believe in headlights shadow! :)

18. fabiobad

fabiobad Active Member

GPU:
    GTX 1060 ARMOR 6G OCV1
    Mmm... i understand, so there is a possibility, i'm happy that you will try to look around when you will have the chance.

Regarding your mod, i actually i cant see how it look because it don't work on my game :/

Are you really sure that the uploaded files are the "right" one?
    Anyone else have tried the "shadow" mod and didn't worked?

I really don't know what to do.

19. mkeezay29

mkeezay29 Guest

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 760 4GB
    Hmm, are you using the Steam Version of the game? I think it has a slightly different common.rpf file which may cause the problem, does the game crash, and if so does it give an error msg?

20. mkeezay29

mkeezay29 Guest

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 760 4GB
    Thought I would just post progress on headlight shadows, as of now cars I drive have lights that will cast shadows not only on characters but everything else it wouldn't before like certain poles or other roadside objects, headlights are now fully dynamic, the problem is the game uses different lights for when you are driving than when AI is driving, so AI headlights are not casting shadows yet, but it's coming along, a bit more testing and full dynamic headlights for both AI and the player will be working :banana:

Also got reflections more detailed.

SCREENSHOTS HEADLIGHT SHADOWS

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]