The Witcher 3 tweak thread

Discussion in 'Game Tweaks and Modifications' started by PhazeDelta1, May 19, 2015.

1. Knochy

Knochy Guest

Beat The Wild Hunt V0.2 [Now read for download!]

Download: http://www.nexusmods.com/witcher3/mods/41/?

Changelog:
    -Better Gamma Settings
    -Enhanced Bloom Effect with higher Threshold
    -New Tonemap and Technicolor Settings
    -New Sepia Color Settings
    -Better Vision at Night
    -More Green Colors

New Features:
    -Moviebars added
    -You can change DPX on
    -Depth of Field is ready but there still bugs so only turn it on for testing
    -New Versions to download

Version A:
    -With a brownish Sepia effect.
    -Less Green Colors

Version B:
    -Without the Sepia Effect
    -Better Green Colors with Colormood effect

If you do not like the Moviebars, you just need the addon "No Moviebars" for your version and download it, pull and override in your game directory.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Danwillysxi

Danwillysxi Guest

GPU:
    2080Ti
    Thank you! I can stop running into NPC's and doorways now :)

3. atimaniac

atimaniac Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI EVOKE RX 5700 X
    Try this tool Guys.

W3HC - Witcher 3 - Hunter's Config is a tool for configuring/tweaking Witcher 3. It only changes the values of 11 INI-files and the user.settings-file. So it's only a GUI that makes raw text more readable.

http://www.nexusmods.com/witcher3/mods/12/?

4. Anth Seebel

Anth Seebel Guest

GPU:
    TITAN Xp

5. Desmios

Desmios Guest

GPU:
    8GB DDR3
    great !!!

but some is "ripples" in the picture

6. Knochy

Knochy Guest

Sorry my English is bad ^^ what do you mean with ripples?

7. Sockenschock

Sockenschock Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia Gtx 680 2 Gb
    I guess either the Chromatic Abberation at the left and right side of the screen caused by the Reshade (DoF) Settings or the Aliasing on the Trees. Maybe both. :) And he is right, I´m also struggeling with this RIPPELS! Deutsch FTW!

8. Knochy

Knochy Guest

Then he must disable Lensdirt, Bloom, Sharpening and the Levels.

9. Sockenschock

Sockenschock Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia Gtx 680 2 Gb
    I´d rather reduce the Chrome Pow Value and only the Sharpening cause I don´t know why Bloom or Lensdirt should increase Aliasing?

10. Knochy

Knochy Guest

Bloom and Levels make the picture brighter and arround the Trees which are darker than vanilla there will be more Aliasing.

11. Danwillysxi

Danwillysxi Guest

GPU:
    2080Ti
    Hmmm, this doesn't seem to work for me? Even when I set the sensitivity down to 0.1 it remains just as sensitive?

12. Desmios

Desmios Guest

GPU:
    8GB DDR3
    [​IMG]

It is evident when you press "START / ESC" and concentrate on the menu of words, and subtitles.

EDIT: It is switching places like having a wave or "layer" of water

forgive my english

13. Desmios

Desmios Guest

GPU:
    8GB DDR3
    Last edited: May 27, 2015
  14. mkeezay29

mkeezay29 Guest

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 760 4GB
    Well there is another way that will add a slider in game, you have to edit at least two files and the option has to be set before you load the game, it won't switch on the fly, anyway here is how if you want.

Go to the games installation and go to bin\config\r4game\user_config_matrix\pc\gameplay.ini and add a left stick slider, it should look like this when done, I put the new line in bold

Code:
    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-16"?>
    <UserConfig>
    	<Group id="Gameplay" displayName="gameplay">
    		<VisibleVars>
    			<Var id="HudTutorialEnabled" displayName="HudTutorialEnabled" displayType="TOGGLE"/>
    			<Var id="AutomaticFinishersEnabled" displayName="AutoFinishersEnabled" displayType="TOGGLE"/>
    		</VisibleVars>
    	</Group>
        <Group id="Controls" displayName="option_controllerhelp">
            <VisibleVars>
    			<Var overrideGroup="Input" id="UIMouseSensitivity" displayName="ui_mouse_sensitivity" displayType="SLIDER;0.1;4.0;78"/>
                <Var overrideGroup="Input" id="MouseSensitivity" displayName="mouse_sensitivity" displayType="SLIDER;0.1;4.0;78"/>
                <Var overrideGroup="Input" id="InvertCameraXOnMouse" displayName="camera_input_reverse_x_axis_mouse" displayType="TOGGLE"/>
    			<Var overrideGroup="Input" id="InvertCameraYOnMouse" displayName="camera_input_reverse_y_axis_mouse" displayType="TOGGLE"/>
    			<Var overrideGroup="Input" id="InvertCameraX" displayName="camera_input_reverse_x_axis_xb1" displayType="TOGGLE"/>
    			<Var overrideGroup="Input" id="InvertCameraY" displayName="camera_input_reverse_y_axis_xb1" displayType="TOGGLE"/>
                [B]<Var overrideGroup="Input" id="LeftStickSensitivity" displayName="LeftStickSensitivity" displayType="SLIDER;0.5;1.5;98"/>[/B]
                <Var overrideGroup="Input" id="RightStickCameraSensitivity" displayName="RightStickCameraSensitivity" displayType="SLIDER;0.5;1.5;98"/>
    			<Var overrideGroup="Input" id="RightStickAimSensitivity" displayName="RightStickAimSensitivity" displayType="SLIDER;0.5;1.5;98"/>
                <Var overrideGroup="Input" id="PadVibrationEnabled" displayName="pad_vibrations" displayType="TOGGLE"/>
                <Var id="SwapAcceptCancel" displayName="swap_accept_cancel" displayType="TOGGLE"/>
            </VisibleVars>
        </Group>
    </UserConfig>

Now open bin\config\platform\pc\platformgameplay,ini
    Add LeftStickSensitivity to the inputs, your file should look like this when done, once again bold is the added line

Code:
    [Gameplay]
    LeftStickSensitivity=1.0
    [Input]
    MouseSensitivity=1.0
    [B]LeftStickSensitivity=1.0[/B]
    RightStickCameraSensitivity=1.0
    RightStickAimSensitivity=1.0

Now I'm not sure if this next step is needed, but it sets up the left stick axes directions to actions, basically just uncommenting a line that binds the left stick to forward, backward, left and right.

Open bin\config\r4game\user_config_matrix\pc\input.xml

At the top it has 4 settings commented out

Code:
    			<Var builder="Input" id="MoveFwd"					displayName="move_forward"						displayType="INPUTPC" actions="GI_AxisLeftY"/>
    			<Var builder="Input" id="MoveBck"					displayName="move_back"							displayType="INPUTPC" actions="GI_AxisLeftY"/>
    			<Var builder="Input" id="MoveLft"					displayName="move_left"							displayType="INPUTPC" actions="GI_AxisLeftX"/>
    			<Var builder="Input" id="MoveRght"					displayName="move_right"						displayType="INPUTPC" actions="GI_AxisLeftX"/>		
    			<Var builder="Input" id="Sprint"					displayName="ControlLayout_RunSprint"			displayType="INPUTPC" actions="Sprint" tags="input_overlap1"/>
    Just erase the <!--content--> comment tags and join it to the lines below so the top of the file looks like this

Code:
    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-16"?>
    <UserConfig>
    	<Group builder="Input" id="PCInput" displayName="controls_pc" tags="keybinds">
    		<VisibleVars>
    			<!-- builder must be input; id and displayName are custom names (whatever you want), displayType must be INPUTPC -->
    			<!-- actions are names from input_qwerty.ini file separated by semicolon -->

<!-- Example action mapping -->
    			<!-- <Var builder="Input" id="YourCustomActionNameHere" displayName="YourCustomKeyUsedForLocalizationNames" displayType="INPUTPC" actions="action01;action02;action03" /> -->

<!-- More examples -->

<!--
    			<Var builder="Input" id="ExplorationInteraction"	displayName="exploration_interaction"			displayType="INPUTPC" actions="ExplorationInteraction"/>
    			<Var builder="Input" id="SprintGallop"				displayName="sprint_gallop"						displayType="INPUTPC" actions="Sprint;Gallop"/>
    			<Var builder="Input" id="Dismount"					displayName="dismount"							displayType="INPUTPC" actions="BoatDismount;HorseDismount"/>
    			-->		

<Var builder="Input" id="MoveFwd"					displayName="move_forward"						displayType="INPUTPC" actions="GI_AxisLeftY"/>
    			<Var builder="Input" id="MoveBck"					displayName="move_back"							displayType="INPUTPC" actions="GI_AxisLeftY"/>
    			<Var builder="Input" id="MoveLft"					displayName="move_left"							displayType="INPUTPC" actions="GI_AxisLeftX"/>
    			<Var builder="Input" id="MoveRght"					displayName="move_right"						displayType="INPUTPC" actions="GI_AxisLeftX"/>		
    			<Var builder="Input" id="Sprint"					displayName="ControlLayout_RunSprint"			displayType="INPUTPC" actions="Sprint" tags="input_overlap1"/>
    			<Var builder="Input" id="SprintToggle"				displayName="toggle_sprint"						displayType="INPUTPC" actions="SprintToggle"/>
    			<Var builder="Input" id="WalkToggle"				displayName="toggle_walk_run"					displayType="INPUTPC" actions="WalkToggle"/>
    			<Var builder="Input" id="JumpRoll"					displayName="panel_button_common_jump"          displayType="INPUTPC" actions="Jump;ExplorationInteraction;Roll:HorseJump" tags="input_overlap2"/>
    That should give you the option in game, set it as low as possible and you should be set.

15. Danwillysxi

Danwillysxi Guest

GPU:
    2080Ti
    Thanks man! I'll try this when I get home tonight :)

16. Knochy

Knochy Guest

It's the Heat Haze Effect. You can disable it by open the Mastereffect.h with the editor ^^

17. nanogenesis

nanogenesis Guest

GPU:
    MSI R9 390X 1178|6350
    Has anyone tried to improve geometry draw distance?

18. mkeezay29

mkeezay29 Guest

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 760 4GB
    in bin\config\base\gc.ini there are values for geometry cache, you can set memory values and the amount of geometry that is cached, might help if you tweak it right, the one says values to low will affect gameplay and too high will cause "OOM" which I'm guessing is out of memory, so you might get a few crashes before you find the proper values, but I think you can improve how well geometry is preserved at distances.

19. Knochy

Knochy Guest

Beat The Wild Hunt V0.4.2 Beta [Now Available!]

Download:http://www.nexusmods.com/witcher3/mods/41/?

This is a beta version, which still contains a few errors. The version has been played in one hour without any problems. Please tell me when you find Bugs in this Version.

Changelog:
    -Cineon DPX Settings added
    -Anamorphic Lensflares added (Little Clipping Bug in Sky)
    -New Gamma Settings
    -Complete new Bloom Overhaul
    -Bigger Reflection on Armor
    -Little change in the color at daytime
    -Heat Haze Effect is turned to off
    -Contrast is changed
    -Vignette now weaker
    -Less Sharpening

To do List:
    -Work for a better Sky (E3 2013 Sky)
    -Work for a Realistic Weather change (Clouds)
    -Get back the Volumetric Clouds
    -Optimizing for more Frames per second.
    -More Features coming soon.

A big thank to all who have supported me :)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

20. CRUBINO

CRUBINO Guest

GPU:
    Zotac Geforce GTX1080 FE
    my simple dreamy wood! =))
    WIP
    Just for fun setting:
    [​IMG]