nVidia GeForce 352.86 WHQL driver

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by FDisk, May 18, 2015.

1. ---TK---

---TK--- Guest

GPU:
    2x 980Ti Gaming 1430/7296
    try 350.12

2. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    350.12 were great for me other than ALT-TAB out of games and back into the game resulted in about 20-30 seconds of stuttering

Enabling surround did about 1 minutes worth of NVCP freezing

Back to 347.88 and all is peachy

3. dabrooks

dabrooks Master Guru

GPU:
    SLI EVGA GTX 980Ti Gaming
    Again, if you haven't tried it yet, disable hardware acceleration in the browser. That resolved all browser issues for me and also no more spontaneous lockups or reboots.

4. Bobnar

Bobnar Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 XC2
    Not experiencing any issues with these drivers. Been testing them for the past three days in benchmarks and games. No lockups or anything strange in GTA V or TW3. Performing well tbh. No firefox crashing either (HW acc off).

I have noticed that 350.xx doesn't like my mem overclock all that much. Games and Unigine benchmarks would randomly exit, crash, or cause stuttering. No issues since setting mem back to stock. It wasn't much of an overclock anyway.

5. styckx

styckx Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080 Ti XC Ultra
    Finally installed these.. Right back to 352.12... Nothing but display driver stopped working messages when using Chrome and black screens.. How the heck did these make WHQL?

6. NuBee

NuBee Member Guru

GPU:
    2 x Zotac GTX 1080 FE SLI
    Well, I installed 352.86 yesterday in the morning (from 350.12) and I played half a day GTA V and half a day Project CARS on my LG Monitor 34UC97-S with 3440 x 1440, with 1.5 x DSR, without problems, I didn't have a single crash. But I also didn't see any difference to 350.12. I installed this driver out of curiosity, even if I (still) didn't get Witcher 3. I don't understand why some People get crashes, other don't.
    Edit: by the way, I play GTA V, Project CARS, Battlefield 4, AC Unity and Far Cry 4. I don't play Chrome or Firefox.

Last edited: May 25, 2015
  7. khanmein

khanmein Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 SC
    what brand 980 u using? 1st of all i thought no issue like u but those TDR kernel pop do exist on the latest 352.86. now i'm using 347.88...

8. zino86

zino86 New Member

GPU:
    Asus ROG STRIX-480
    These drivers seem to be running Bf4 and Fifa15 a lot smoother than 350.12 on my good old OC GTX 570. I'll will keep these for now and will test some other games too. BF4 stopped playing once but I think that isn't driver-related. The last patch screwed up the stability.

9. squalles

squalles Maha Guru

GPU:
    Galax RTX 4070ti
    everyone that i see say about crashes always have chrome... maybe try use other browser and see if problem continues happening

10. PurSpyk!!

PurSpyk!! Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    I get the same crashes in IE9, went back to 350.12, no issues at all, and the witcher 3 seems to play ok, after copying the sli profile form the 352.86 drivers

11. dabrooks

dabrooks Master Guru

GPU:
    SLI EVGA GTX 980Ti Gaming
    DISABLE hardware acceleration within Chrome That resolved the issue for me. I don't understand why others aren't testing this very simple thing.

12. CK the Greek

CK the Greek Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2060S
  13. Bhudda

Bhudda Master Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia FE 3070
    worse set of drivers ever released for my 670's. Crashes in multiple games and I've reduced my clocks too. Reverting back to the previous set now as I've had enough. If the rumours are true that NV intentionally degraded previous generation cards with this driver then I won't be getting the 980ti as my cards were due for an upgrade anyway.

It may sound like a knee jerk reaction but testing goes a long way and these aren't even beta drivers.

14. bishi

bishi Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080 SLI
    With these drivers I received DXGI ERROR DEVICE HUNG in BF4. This is the first time I have ever experienced this error. (but this has only happened to me once and otherwise these drivers seem OK)

15. skacikpl

skacikpl Maha Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 4090
    Amount of times the driver crashed when playing Witcher 3 is too damn high.

16. trocio2

trocio2 Guest

GPU:
    GT 630 1GB DDR3 GK208 Kep
    Just like 350.12, this driver is broken for some people (random crashes and stuff). It's solid for me but 350.12 wasn't. I hope the next driver will be good for everybody.

17. Monchis

Monchis Guest

GPU:
    GTX 950
    I get that too in need for speed rivals (same engine). Direct3d error device hung. Only thing I find to help stability a bit is to force DX10.

18. PapaJohn

PapaJohn Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus 6700XT OC 12Gb
    So it's been a few days now and drivers have been flawless. Chrome with HW acc on, WoW, GTA V, AC Black Flag, Witcher and Isaac Rebirth. No crashes in benchmarks either.

19. Goose

Goose Guest

GPU:
    GTX980Ti Hybrid (+ GT745)
    … So I took the plunge, and found I I had to trim 13MHZ from my GPU core (1228, down from 1241,) to get the starbursts out'a MW: O (haven't really checked the VRAM OC, yet,) but other then that, just the usual set of Windows Hates Aero pop-ups …

Last edited: May 26, 2015
  20. CrazyGenio

CrazyGenio Master Guru

GPU:
    rtx 3090
    that's because it's driver issue, in my case i only crash when this driver is installed, i rolled back to 350.12 and no crashes in chrome or anything (except for MKX in koth but i think that's an exception).