The Witcher 3 Official Thread (Pt.2)

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by morbias, May 15, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ScoobyDooby

ScoobyDooby Guest

GPU:
    1080Ti & Acer X34
    ^ haha, I'm a pc gamer.. Always looking for more fps :)

I'm finding the game to not run too smooth even around 60fps.. Gameplay, specially when fighting, gets a bit choppy. Just curious what are some tips to smooth it out. Ideally if I could even minimize the range and keep it more closely pinned to 60 it would go a long way.

Going to see how it plays on my win 8 partition just the same. Already copied the game over to it.

2. Trixster

Trixster Member Guru

GPU:
    1070 G1 Gaming
    Whole article for NV performance tweaks, should help you.
    Here

3. battled

battled Guest

GPU:
    MSI HD7870 2GB
    I think main story gives too much XP, especially the Kaer Morhen defense one, got like 5 levels from it when I was Lv22. Also level requirements on items is retarded, if i managed to complete a quest meant for a level 25 at level 15 I should damn be able to wear that level 27 armor :\

4. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    i think iam loving this sht game. i need more fight but. this is a slow growing game.

wish FROM SOFTWARE guys meet with these guys and make a good RPG Witcher game.

5. Feed_Bucket

Feed_Bucket Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 SC
    Well for me I shed some pride and used a 30 FPS limiter via Nvidia Inspector. Game runs smooth like buttah now, no chop.

6. kx11

kx11 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    in terms of graphics FROM SOFTWARE are way behind CDProjeckt

7. TaskMaster

TaskMaster Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC Trinity 4080
    The "e-peen" comment was a bit much, he was just stating that he finished it.

And you never know, he might do all the other quests now. Either way I have to force myself to deter from the main quest just because its so good and I want to know more. Maybe that's what made him finish it so fast?

Hey scooby, everything running smooth on my end, even though 980, with your 970's you shouldn't have an issue, not sure whats up.

Just finished the giant quest on Skellig, was nice.

Also for those who are in or have been to Skellig, don't you just love this music?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0PPGL_mbx5Y

8. Brogan

Brogan Guest

GPU:
    4080 Gaming OC
    Indeed. There's something that was definitely off, as I was crashing rapidly like you described. But whatever I did, that's gone now. I played last night for about 5 hours straight no problem. Today I'm gonna try to isolate which fix it was for me. (Although my money is on the 11 corrupted files steam had to fix)

And I wouldn't be shocked if my browser's flash setting or whatever had something to do with that.

Here's hoping the next patch doesn't mess it up for us again.

From someone who has played to someone who hasn't..... the lighting is outstanding and doesn't need any improvement. Trust me.

I am constantly amazed by the lighting, the shadowing, as I play. Sunsets in this game are mesmerizing.

Do not go by YouTube. Every vid I have seen of this game pales in comparison to actually running it.

9. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    If I set difficulty harder, will I get more xp

10. Brogan

Brogan Guest

GPU:
    4080 Gaming OC

11. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    Oh thats great news! :D

12. Calmmo

Calmmo Guest

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Zotac AMP
    Found...
    Letho and doing his mini-quest now, aka the Witcher hired by Nilfgard to kill a few kings in W2, surprised at the low quality of his char model tho compared to 2, he's optional tho, not sure he'll be there without an imported save

13. CK the Greek

CK the Greek Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2060S
    Lower shadow and you will see solid 60s all the time.

14. isidore

isidore Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080TI GamingOC
    The game is truly awesome, have to say i never doubt CDPR that they would not deliver on the pure and complex RPG experience but they really over done it. The game is huge, all of the quests from main to side quest, witcher contracts to treasure hunts, every one feels like it is a full short game. I think is the most complex multiple story driven RPG i ever played. I closed my PS4 just now after playing for like 4 hours, on 3 side quests, one of which took me two hours to complete. I completely forgot about the graphics downgrade or the fact that it drops under 30fps on PS4, actually the game has moments in motion when it's mind blowing (when in the woods at night and it's a storm, the immersion is out of this world).
    This is the type of game you end up playing for months and when you decide to replay it you end up with 100% replay-ability due to the tree like story path.

PS: just hope there's a way to port my save game files from my PS4 to my PC when AMD's 390x get's release.

15. isidore

isidore Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080TI GamingOC
    don't worry mate, there's no lvl cap and even at lvl 50 you can't upgrade all of your skills to max.

why would you think that the loot you receive is meant to be used at your current lvl? Most of the loot i get requires a higher lvl then i am. Also the fact that you can finish a lvl 25 quest at a lower lvl like 15 is about how you play and you use the environment. The lvl information is just a warning of what should you expect. Actually this is great thing, because i ended up beating creatures 4-5 lvl higher then me just because i used everything in my inventory and it so happened that the damn things never touched me.

Last edited: May 23, 2015

16. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080, KD55XD800
    If you don't import a save you can just make your own choices a little into the game anyway.

I "let him live" just for the extra content

17. isidore

isidore Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080TI GamingOC
    meh, i finished Witcher 2 both ways, but when asked what happened i said i killed him. Never liked the bastard. :)

18. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Radeon RX 6600
    When you simulate a Witcher 2 Save, aka the 5 Questions at the barber, you can choose if you helped him in W2 or killed him. helped him, hes there, killed him, no idea.

19. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    I imported my w2 save and was still asked these questions. Thankfully I remembered what I did and answered right.

20. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Radeon RX 6600
    You had to choose not to simulate a Witcher 2 save if you imported yours!? (then you would not get asked the questions) Maybe now only the 5 questions you got asked are taken into consideration.
    (ok Seems theres no strike-bb-code working here ^^)

Last edited: May 24, 2015
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.