The Witcher 3 Official Thread (Pt.2)

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by morbias, May 15, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    yeah, GTAV would go to 11GB :) Sitting at around 9.7GB RAM usage now, in Novigrad.

Guys who are having the inventory crash, are you using small UI? I just flicked from large to small and had 2 inventory crashes, never had one before. Coincidence?

EDIT: Loving the cam hack, this will slow down my already slow play through :(
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

I'm 41 hours in, lvl 15 now and still have half on No Man's Land to do. I've done most of secondary quests though, and most of Novigrad. It's just that every time I think I'm off to Skellige, a new secondary quest pops up haha. I should be off to Skellige tomorrow though.

I will still come back to No Man's Land to 100% complete it, there's some high level areas down the bottom of the map that I haven't done and some question marks in general that I haven't done. This game is huge.

Last edited: May 23, 2015
  2. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY RTX4090
    Please god tell me your not playing this game like this?

That screenshot is awful, the colors are destroyed in this. The vibrancy of the grass and sky are just combined to make the game look generally dreadful.

I bet if the devs released the game looking like this people would be trying to make it look how it does in your first screenshot and complaining its too brown and dark.

Same thing happened with Skyrim, everyone moaned about how bland and grey the colors were and tried using ENB's and SweetFX to make the game more vibrant and colorful.

At least skyrim modding was justified, modding a game as beautiful as Witcher 3 is just a crime. Especially when you end up making it look like that mess.

3. TR2N

TR2N Master Guru

GPU:
    AMD
    Get on the boat and get to the island fixed this bug. Hope it helps others. :)

4. anxious_f0x

anxious_f0x Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF RTX 4090
    Thought I'd give the PS4 version a go seeing as I'm rocking a pair of GTX 480's until my Titans arrive, what a terrific mess it is on console, really runs badly.

Apart from that though I'm liking the game so far, only issue I really have is the animations seem a bit rigid and controlling Geralt can be a bit wayward sometimes.

Can't wait to get further into it though, quite a lot of depth to be had.

5. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    toggle walk :) Erm... thinking about it, there probably isn't a walk toggle on consoles so you'll have to be gentle with the thumbstick. Trust me though, walking makes everything a lot easier.

6. anxious_f0x

anxious_f0x Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF RTX 4090
    Yeah I think it's just going to take some getting used too as the transition between walking and running is quite severe, think I've played too much GTA V :D

7. madorax

madorax Member

GPU:
    Jetstream 970

well everyone have they own taste. i don't made this. user toto621 did.
    and please don't judge by one screenshot, it's just like the pre-release screenshot fiasco all over again. :)

this preset made game more atmospheric, and dark. yes no vibrance in there. i think the vibrance is the one who destry the feel. usially i like vibrance, like in skyrim i;m using K-enb preset all of the time. but in witcher, this one perfect.

why not try it first? and look around, see the difference.
    again... it;s okay if you don't like it. as i say before, people do have a different taste mate :D

8. Drogean2

Drogean2 Member

GPU:
    na
    Hey fam

Hope somebody might like this reshade im putting together.

I've been trying to mimic the old screenshots

[​IMG]

Album Here

Its based on this sweetFX here here

Download here

9. ScoobyDooby

ScoobyDooby Guest

GPU:
    1080Ti & Acer X34
    ^ very nice.. Thanks for the share. I have just got home from vacation and at the airport now.

This will be one of the first things I get setup after I download the 1.03 patch. Gonna be a late night for me :D

10. Feed_Bucket

Feed_Bucket Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 SC
    I used frame limiter in Nvidia Inspector to get rid of the stutter and now the games runs fantastic on max setting with Hairworks on.

11. TR2N

TR2N Master Guru

GPU:
    AMD
    OMG,

If you get to payback quest, the graphics open up and look like the E3 2013 series. I am not kidding.
    Will post pics shortly of it but the rendering, colors and distance textures is WOW.....

Here they are. Something has definitely changed compared to before especially the moving clouds and there are particles never seen before. Not sure what's happened on this level but it looks amazing. Wish the whole game was like this...Hope it stays like this until the end.:banana:

SPOILERS
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

12. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Radeon RX 6600
    Man, the bloody baron quest is one of the greatest Quests i've ever played. (I read here others said the same :D)

He even hang himself after he lost his wife (dead) and his daughter dont want to know him anymore. If i hadnt chose to betray the 3 "ladies" and didnt help the "black horse" to get free, i bet Anna would still live, so the Baron.

13. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    Whoops, guess I screwed over him then by choosing that particular path, oh well. :D
    (And getting the horse as a possible mount as a reward is probably not happening either. :p )

14. kx11

kx11 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    he's still alive in my playthrough ^_^

i did enjoy the " towerful of mice " quest , so creepy

15. pbvider

pbvider Guest

GPU:
    GTX
    I did the same,but meh...I intend to play the game again anyway.

16. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    i dont follow MAIN quest or side quests and doing random stuff. will it give me trouble in the future?

17. serbicu

serbicu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Suprim
    Not really, I didn't do any quest in second area (Vellen), and I'm now level 9.

I'm playing on hard, and when I go main quest, I don't want any trouble :D.

18. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    great!

19. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    Some of the main quests apparently block of certain side quests unless those are completed first, unsure how it works but I assume the quest giver dies or is otherwise removed, perhaps a village gets burned down or some other consequence though from what I have read the game usually (always?) warns you when this might happen.

Also discovering some locations like the griffins lair in White Orchard before doing the quest for it will cancel quest stages so you might miss out on dialogue and other scenes but the quests themselves will not fail. :)
    (Failed quest are listed as such in the journal as well so it's easy to see if you did something wrong and then you can just reload the latest checkpoint or autosave or manual save.)

EDIT: Doing contracts and side quests first also means you might be overleveled for some of the main quests, hard to balance it evenly in a game that's this open ended.

20. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.