Could This Be Fiji ?

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Rich_Guy, May 22, 2015.

1. holler

holler Master Guru

GPU:
    Asrock 7900XTX Aqua
  2. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    Yeah i mentioned the DVI in another thread, as i use that (the dual-link for 144Hz), ive got HDMI as well, but thats out (as doesn't do 144Hz), so id need some displayport to dual-link DVi adapter as well if i was going to get one of these, or to have splashed out on a new Displayport monitor, which would push the price up to 1.2k+. :p

Last edited: May 22, 2015
  3. spp85

spp85 Guest

GPU:
    Radeon HD 7950 Vapor-X OC
    super coool

The sleekest Graphics Card I ever seen in my life...

Bring it on AMD:banana:

4. Lane

Lane Guest

GPU:
    2x HD7970 - EK Waterblock
    With AMD top end gpu's, in general brands bundle plenty of adaptors in the box, i dont count the number of adaptative dual dvi link i get, the number of HDMI, DP adaptors, active DP adaptors, who lay on a box here. ( i should maybe sold them on Ebay one day lol ).

If we take in account, that memory is now cooled by the same block ( water or not ), there's only the PWM circuits left, i can imagine a really slow fans could quick in when really needed, or the air grill is just there for allow air to pass trough the case. ( and with large passive cooler, should be enough for the PWM ).

5. medallish

medallish Guest

GPU:
    2x Asus AMD 7970 DCU II
    Just ignore this

6. Hootmon

Hootmon Guest

GPU:
    XFX THICC III Ultra
    Take my money. Please.

7. DiceAir

DiceAir Maha Guru

GPU:
    Galax 980 ti HOF
    DVI is not dead. So many monitors with DVI.

I still get your point. There is not many high end 144hz or 4k monitor that doesn't come out with Displayport and so many monitors that comes with HDMI but there is still the odd monitor that only comes with DVI and d-sub port. But if they don't include Diplayport then I'm afraid I will have to buy a new monitor and that is not what I want then AMD has lost me and I would have to go Nvidia.

I'm sure this is the Watercooled version and suppose there is an aircooled version as well. So maybe that will come with DVI port. i'm sure board partners will make one with DVI ports

8. Lane

Lane Guest

GPU:
    Because an adapator DP/HDMI > DVI in the box is not a solution for you ?

We have got plenty of times adaptor for DVI > VGA in the box of our gpu's when VGA port have disapear.

9. Daftshadow

Daftshadow Maha Guru

GPU:
    Zotac RTX 3080
    looks plain and boring. looking forward to the reference models.

10. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black

11. Adil0n

Adil0n Guest

GPU:
    POV GTX 470 1Gb
    Nice and clean, I love it! I hope AMD is up for a good fight against Nvidia, it'll only benefit us all

12. SHOCKTRUPPEN

SHOCKTRUPPEN Banned

GPU:
    GTX 980 Strix
    Fake as the big meltdown oh my the world is melting!!

:realmad:This BOX is a fake. It's dented and bent all over and rusted in a spot. The "Radeon" sticker looks like its from 1980's Atari line. Puleeez don't be so eager and gullible! I have a bridge in my back yard you can buy cheap just e-mail me your paypal account number......:realmad:

13. vbetts

vbetts Don Vincenzo Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    Where do you see dents and rust?

14. icedman

icedman Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI MECH RX 6750XT
    I hope this card is good for the money I need an upgrade bad.

15. Fox2232

Fox2232 Guest

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    Edge looks bit bent and flattened, there is no rust, just reflection which may give such impression.
    But if that is one of early engineering samples with custom built cooling solution, one can't expect cnc level precision.

Question is why would Johan put fake images? So while he can (has capacity to do so), I do not think he has reason to do that.
    So I would say it may be like 80% real since he stated long time ago he got something extra from AMD and that it is awesome.

16. Embra

Embra Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Red Devil 6950 XT
    Will be nice to see what the actual length of the cards ends up being.
    Looks quite short... think of the possible builds one could put this in if it is so short.

17. GALTARAUJO

GALTARAUJO Active Member

GPU:
    2 x GTX980 Strix
    +1 for the masochism but if it were an ashtray, I would have to say it looks a lot like a dual slot card...

18. holler

holler Master Guru

GPU:
    Asrock 7900XTX Aqua
    impending death of DVI was annnounced almost 5 years ago:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Digital_Visual_Interface

In December 2010, Intel, AMD, and several computer and display manufacturers announced they would stop supporting DVI-I, VGA and LVDS-technologies from 2013/2015, and instead speed up adoption of DisplayPort and HDMI.[10] They also stated: "Legacy interfaces such as VGA, DVI and LVDS have not kept pace, and newer standards such as DisplayPort and HDMI clearly provide the best connectivity options moving forward. In our opinion, DisplayPort 1.2 is the future interface for PC monitors, along with HDMI 1.4a for TV connectivity".

19. GALTARAUJO

GALTARAUJO Active Member

GPU:
    2 x GTX980 Strix
    Iron Age is over, even if we still have iron. So is DVI.
    There are plenty of DVI monitors around but instead of a DVI connector, I would rather haver more ventilation on the grill or single slot liquid versions of these top cards.
    A $15 adaptor would make everybody happier.

20. Lane

Lane Guest

GPU:
    I can imagine you are joking,

but otherwise, Instead that Repi ( alias Johan Andersson, the technical , chief developper of Frostbyte / EA) have seen his twitter account hacked.. i dont see why he will post a fake lol.

Well, i dont know if it is a good thing he post it, it was at the base of the developpement of Mantle, he's really close of AMD. So some peoples could see it a bit as a marketing plot. Even if i dont think this was his point.

Anyway, something cool with this HBM on core package, is the full cover custom waterblock will be really excellent... ( i think to EK full cover one for the example). This will remove the routing for the memory around the core, and outside the internal flow and remove the restricion, simplify a lot the the work on the contact plates.