Project Cars INFERIAL performance

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by klaupe, May 7, 2015.

1. Noisiv

Noisiv Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2070 Super

I think this won't work, even if Hybrid PhysX was possible on latest Cata drivers.

This is not classic GPU PhysX where you can chose your PhysX worker.

2. macmac9

macmac9 Guest

GPU:
    Asus 280X

Nvidia Turbulence PhysX Particle is not currently used in project cars, for whatever reason. That slide is from ancient (late 2013, if I remember right) event and it was just an announcement that Slightly Mad is working with nVidia APEX stuff for project cars.

PhysX parts of physics run at 50Hz (• The MADNESS engine uses PhysX for collision detection and dynamic objects, which is a small part of the overall physics systems)
    Major parts of the physics system run at 600Hz.

Hope this solved your confusion ;)

E:The 15.5 drivers are certainly better than 15.4, W10 is still over 20% ahead.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: May 21, 2015
  3. PrMinisterGR

PrMinisterGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 3090
    15% is nothing to scoff at actually. How are the drivers in actual gameplay? Is the game stuttery?

Something a bit off topic: I played NFS Rivals again recently, and although I know that this is a sim (almost), I can't wrap my head around the difference in graphical quality and performance between the two games. NFS literally looks like a game from the future. Its only problem was tying the refresh rate with the physics update in the game, which means that if you drop on framerate everything goes slower. I play it downsampled @40fps locked with these settings in the launcher
    Code:
    -Render.ResolutionScale 1.5 -GameTime.MaxSimFps 40 -GameTime.ForceSimRate 40.0 -MaxVariableFps 40 -MaxInactiveVariableFps 40
    It looks like it is from another planet compared to PCARS.

4. gmb

gmb Guest

GPU:
    GTX 960

You shouldn't trust everything you read on reddit. These files belongs to Nvidia APEX which isn't active. You could delete them or whatever, there is no effect on performance.

Long time ago it was planned for release version, hence why there are APEX files in pcars directory. Your screenshot is very old. Forget it and go with SMS statement which is the right one.

5. macmac9

macmac9 Guest

GPU:
    Asus 280X
    It indeed is a great boost. I don't really play without V-sync, but can't complain based on all the benchmark runs I've done, frame delivery times feel stable. With V-sync at 74hz/fps it's obviously butter smooth. Just finished racing online with variable grid sizes and locations for four hours :p

[OT] I'm more an Underground 2 guy myself, latest NFS I've played was carbon. Never really fancied the cops vs. speeders thing. Old point, but does it have 100% dynamic weather and time system? Project cars looked great back in the start of the development with pre-defined lightning, it took quite bit time of to get the dynamic system to look great. But I agree, it may be too "clean" at times and there is something in the color reproduction that doesn't look most realistic to my eye (reshade time) [/OT]

6. amine4ever

amine4ever Guest

GPU:
    R9 290X
    hi guys, i have a r9 290x reference card (and not OCed) and an i7 4770k (not oced), and i'm looking for a graphic settings for pcars, can someone screenshots a good setting for this card?
    NB: the priority is a strong 60fps at 2048x1536, then the more game is beautiful the better is the experience!!

7. PrMinisterGR

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 3090
    Try setting everything on max, and put Track Detail on Medium and Grass on either low or off. That was a good start for me, with your hardware it should be a work in the (Donington Park). Set AA to DS2X, and the rest except those two to Ultra. I believe it is a good start for you.

8. dottorfoggy

dottorfoggy Guest

GPU:
    980Ti
    Ok, finally get the time to test the 15.5, cf work good and the game is really smoother than the previous version....i have only some kind of random flare/white clouds on the screen....have someone a recommended setting?

9. N0bodyOfTheGoat

N0bodyOfTheGoat Member Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Nitro R9 390 8GB
    Which AMD drivers are people find give the best pCARS performance these days?

I've not tried the new modded 15.15 drivers (what is this 15th month, in the middle of the year, they speak of? ;) ), but other than that, 1040 drivers with no DLL files from other drivers seem to be best for me in Windows 8.1.

10. Pel8

Pel8 Guest

GPU:
    7950 Gigabyte Windforce
    How is pthe game performing on 7950/280 ? im on W7 with 15.5 beta and when i got several cars in screen i got down to 20-25 fps, when i got only 5-3 cars i can get maybe 50 fps and playing alone almost constant 60 fps

1080p and medium graphics

11. F1refly

F1refly Ancient Guru

GPU:
    970GTX-oc edition
    Don't worry guys, they made profits and are now asking for kickstarter funds from you so they can make another sequel without spending their profits....so I'm sure they'll squash any performance problems you all are experience on the next one.

They'll feed you some fresh confusing bs on the next one, so just forget about it. It's marketing...you know how it is out there right?

Last edited: Jun 23, 2015
  12. krisby

krisby Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 970
    Poor I would say. I got rid of my 7950 during development as it was so bad, the leap to a GTX 770i was huge, and since then to a GTX970. I have everything maxed, save for grass and AA is DS4X, and running some DSR as well, and I get a constant 60fps with a full field of cars.
    I know AMD have supposedly optimized their drivers, but the performance gap during development was so vast I had to jump to the green side as I hate having to dial down the detail or reduce the on track AI.

13. N0bodyOfTheGoat

GPU:
    Trying to decide if I can be faffed to uninstall the modded 1040 drivers and see how far behind the official 15.6s are...

14. PrMinisterGR

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 3090
    Not worth it.

15. N0bodyOfTheGoat

GPU:
    Well I uninstalled 1040 via DDU, installed 15.6, ran CCC once and then installed the VSR script and I now have 2560x1600 through VSR. :)

With the 1040 DLLs in pCARS folder, performance looks about the same using VSR instead of in-game DS2X AA, as when I had 1040s installed using DS2X.

Without the 1040 DLLs, performance is ~15% down using pure 15.6, compared to 1040.

16. PrMinisterGR

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 3090
    Imagine if I had answered it was worth it :D

The 1040 have all the latest optimizations, except the Arkham Knight ones, but the game runs like **** everywhere apparently anyways.

17. Pel8

Pel8 Guest

GPU:
    7950 Gigabyte Windforce
    Game updated to 2.0 but could not test performance, anyone can report it ?

18. Illyrian

Illyrian Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte 4080 Aero
    CAN SOME MOD PLEASE CHANGE THE TITLE OF THIS THREAD

it's giving me a headache, it's INFERIOR....the word INFERIAL doesn't even exist in the English language

I havent' touched Project Cars since the day I bought it btw, it's whack compared to it's immediate competitors and it dont even look that good

19. Major Melchett

Major Melchett Ancient Guru

GPU:
    R9 280X @ 1100/1500
    No change in FPS for me at all, it runs exactly as it did before the update on any race i try - I'm running it on Window's 10 though so I'm not sure if the supposed performance increase affect this OS, on Window's 10 is runs a lot better than Window's 8.1 (but its still from what I'd called decent).

Frankly, i don't think this game is every going to run properly on my system (or AMD in general), such a shame really as its quite a decent game.

20. krisby

krisby Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 970
    You're doing something wrong then.