AMD Catalyst 15.5 BETA (14.502.1014.1001 May 14)

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by asder00, May 19, 2015.

Tags:
  1. davido6

davido6 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Rx5700xt
    can guru host these please so can at least get them ?

2. The Mac

The Mac Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9-290 Vapor-X
    well, pro tip: You will die continuously without the mutagens, get your abilities up and running ASAP. you absolutely need them. If you are one of those people that ignores spells, and likes to just hack and slash, its going to be a loooonnngggg game for you.

lol

Last edited: May 19, 2015
  3. oGow89

oGow89 Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte RX 5700xt
    How and where? i did some upgrades to the magic and weapons. I have no idea what to do with the trophies or even the griffin head, 5 hrs or so into the game and i still carry it around on the horse. :p

4. The Mac

The Mac Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9-290 Vapor-X
    i dont have the game yet, it was more a general strategy assuming combat hasnt changed significantly from the first 2. Ugrade your signs as much as possible.

5. crz

crz Guest

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 1070 ARMOR 8G
    No idea why Crome freaks out but I have downloaded the Windows 8.1 x64 driver set and it is OK. It has a valid AMD signature, as a matter of fact it is signed with the same certificate that was used to sign the 15.4 beta. Just use another browser to get the file. As long as in the UAC window it has a valid AMD signature there is no problem.

6. jaju123

jaju123 Guest

GPU:
    2x AMD R9 290 Crossfire
    GTA V crossfire is still broken too.

7. otimus

otimus Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080
    280X owner here. I can confirm that this driver fixed the MSAA corruption bug in GTA5. Yay!

8. oGow89

oGow89 Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte RX 5700xt
    So what you saying is, i should just play the first 2 games then come back to this? Well combat is faster now and more aggressive compared to the 2nd game. I would say also more focused.

9. The Mac

The Mac Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9-290 Vapor-X
    im not suggesting that, just dont ignore your signs. use them and upgrade them.

you cant survive with physical combat alone.

10. jeckop

jeckop Guest

GPU:
    2xR9-290-H2O@1100/1400
    useless drivers, P-cars still broken, no new VSR resolution, no frame limiter, no crossfire improvements, don't know if there is freesync crossfire support (don't think so). For me everything is the same as 15.4. Hope official drivers would be a lot better (very little faith).

11. oGow89

oGow89 Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte RX 5700xt
    The spells you mean are the fire, shield, etc, right? I do use those the whole time depending on the creature. What sucks is that my weapons go bad after fights over time. I just want to find some good sword that really does some damage, 'cause i am playing on hard difficulty. And i guess the game was advertised to last around 200 hrs, so it explains it alot since i am dying the entire time.

12. mR Yellow

mR Yellow Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 Fury
    What have AMD been doing all this time?

13. fr33jack

fr33jack Guest

GPU:
    1050Ti @1.9/ 9.0GHz
    Hell yeah!

EDIT:

Nah...dx11 msaa bug still present in GTA5.

Last edited: May 20, 2015
  14. sammarbella

sammarbella Guest

GPU:
    290X Lightning CFX (H2O)
    Some PR work and the Tiger Team. :)

15. oGow89

oGow89 Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte RX 5700xt
    Looking at that dat ass :D [​IMG]

16. derpyQ

derpyQ Active Member

GPU:
    HD 7950 3GB
    Mayn. Apart from OpenGL, everything's the same version as 14.12. Even OpenGL's the same as 15.3. I mean... that's half a year of almost nothing, at least for people still on current and stable operating systems.

17. Valerys

Valerys Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX2080S
    It did improve the performance with one R9 290 in Project Cars, not at a wow factor but before I was having 18fps in the beginning on rainy Sonoma track and with this one it starts at 22.

18. PrMinisterGR

PrMinisterGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 3090
    A 600W PSU will be completely fine for your 290(x), unless it's made of matches and tin cans :D

We all work for the betterment of your system, but it would be nice to say what you said AFTER thanking asder00 for the effort of finding, packaging and uploading the drivers.

The game is hard. It is supposed to be hard. Your greatest asset is Geralt's agility, you must not under any circumstances allow monsters to touch you. Also, prepare before battle. You can find books that will give you bonuses against enemies, and make sure that you have proper potions to use before combat. Meditate often. Quen saves, Quen is life.

No it's not. For his GPU the awesome would be to be faster than the 780.

Thanks for taking the time to do this! Have you played anything else except Project CARS?

19. Kuss

Kuss Member Guru

GPU:
    7800xt
    F5 Qsave

20. oGow89

oGow89 Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte RX 5700xt
    Using controller, and quick save makes along ass list of saves, i rather overwrite. Besides i kinda feel like a wuss everytime i make a save.