nVidia GeForce 352.86 WHQL driver

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by FDisk, May 18, 2015.

1. ToyTen

ToyTen Maha Guru

GPU:
    7900xtx Taichi OC
  2. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    Me neither, but Im at x64 Firefox v38

Speaking of perf. well I didnt test anything yet, but I remember one funny glitch back when FarCry4 got released 1.5patch or so & some 34x.xx driver;

A gameworks title with directcompute

I was standing above one small village and it hoovered ~ 60-65fps, next day after I loaded my save game it hoovered ~ 40fps with same max gpu usage 99%, 20fps went bye bye..
    After I restored ingame gfx to default high and back to my old mix of ultra/high settings my fps magically boosted back to 65fps with same 99% gpu usage, like nothing happened and it stayed there even after I restarted the game.

Now this tells me there is some serious flaw inside gameworks compute, I dare to say its something similar going on with Witcher or other gameworks games..

Last edited: May 19, 2015
  3. Bhudda

Bhudda Master Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia FE 3070
    Is there a way just to install the updated PhysX and 3D Vision packages? Unfortunately these cause my 670 SLI problems.

4. Trino D

Trino D Member

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Strange that people are having so many issues with these drivers I haven't had a single crash since installing them my graphics card was overclocked (1400) before the install and the clocks are still the same with literally no issues and I've been playing The Witcher 3 & Gta V. There surely has to be more to it than bad drivers for it not to affect everyone?

Edit: Seems I spoke to soon since posting had a driver has stopped responding error while exiting chrome & then a Bsod after rebooting :3eyes:

Last edited: May 20, 2015

5. fernake

fernake Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus strix GTX 1080 OC
    Hello, degradation of performance with the latest drivers from Nvidia obviously, all the games I tested have worse performance with 353.86, Nvidia is forcing us to buy new graphics cards there is this business, they control us with their drivers and every so often time this happens, my sli system was doing better before.

6. Yopfraise

Yopfraise Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI Suprim X 4090
    Tried to play some G27 Project Cars : 3 "Unhandled Exception" Crash

Ok; I'm done with this driver.

7. Blaire

Blaire Guest

GPU:
    Geforce TITAN 4-Way...
    If you are using MSI Afterburner, let it disabled, i am also experienced some Crashes caused by this Tool.

8. Monchis

Monchis Guest

GPU:
    GTX 950
    Need for speed rivals hung after 15 minutes.

9. squalles

squalles Maha Guru

GPU:
    Galax RTX 4070ti
    finally a decent driver for me... no more bsod like 350.12... good performance improvement in gta 5 and wwe 2k15... and in overall games the same good performance than with 350.05... thanks

10. ravaged

ravaged Guest

GPU:
    ASUS 2080 Super
    Two hours of Unity this morning and no issues with settings maxed except 2xMSAA with MFAA toggled on in control panel along with 16x AF. Looks to be the same performance as every other driver I've tried (the last couple releases and 348.07).

I'll try to make myself play more Witcher 3 at some point but I think the crashes in that game are from just another buggy release.

11. CrazyGenio

CrazyGenio Master Guru

GPU:
    rtx 3090
    i can't beliebe how annoying is that i'm crashing in chrome, i crshed just browsing this thread, it's funny at the same time because i haven't crashed in games or anything, but the browser OH GOD THE BROWSER this is incredibe, gg nvidia

12. LiquidFrost

LiquidFrost Member Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 3080 Master
    Had one crash just now in Opera as well, same engine.

Edit: And another, both times I opened a new tab.

13. hazochun

hazochun Guest

GPU:
    MSI Vega 56 OC Air
    BSOD with no OC at all with my 970...
    LF stable driver

14. FDisk

FDisk Guest

GPU:
    ASUS STRIX GTX970 OC 4GB
    Arggg! Just had a Chrome crash with black screen and then recover after 3 or 4 seconds. No errors in the event viewer.

Logs show GPU, GPU Memory and GPU Voltage going from low state to high state and then back to low state when picture comes back.

All CPU cores jump to ~50% usage and then drop back again.

Also GPU memory usage dropped from steady 263mb to 86mb and then returned to 213mb when picture came back. (Even when Chrome is closed the memory usage doesn't go below 138mb. It looks like almost everything is being depleted from the GPU memory at the point of the crash.)

Never had Chrome crash on me like that before. This is a first. :3eyes:
    Something is not playing well with Chromes hardware acceleration with this one.

15. pstlouis

pstlouis Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080Ti Aorus Xt
    352.84 with win 10 have the same problem with driver 352.86 for win 8. Screen flicker in game randomly, black screen, crash to destop.... Very bad driver for both os.

16. PurSpyk!!

PurSpyk!! Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Get a similar crash but I am using Internet Explorer 9, but at the time of the crash my one gpu usage spikes to 99%. Odd though no crashes in any games, get a video hardware error listed in the Windows 7 Action center, no error in event viewer.

17. Aura89

Aura89 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    Thank you for your much needed contribution to the conspiracy theorist bowl, that'll be $5.

18. PapaJohn

PapaJohn Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus 6700XT OC 12Gb
    No crashes in games or on both my browsers (IE11 & Chrome). Very smooth actually in games with good frame latency and fps. I have tested over 30 games with different engines as well, overclocked and stock.

Hope everyone else resolves their issues, or Nvidia release a hotfix.

19. class101

class101 New Member

GPU:
    2x MSI GTX 980 4GD5
    I trust you here I have 2x 980 on SLI and that's also the first time they stop responding on Desktop without any overclock at all

Also there is 60 error entries in the eventviewer for 3 reboot and they are all the same

Code:
    - <Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
    - <System>
      <Provider Name="nvlddmkm" /> 
      <EventID Qualifiers="49322">13</EventID> 
      <Level>2</Level> 
      <Task>0</Task> 
      <Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords> 
      <TimeCreated SystemTime="2015-05-19T17:56:22.305158900Z" /> 
      <EventRecordID>16192</EventRecordID> 
      <Channel>System</Channel> 
      <Computer>WIN81NONO</Computer> 
      <Security /> 
      </System>
    - <EventData>
      <Data>\Device\Video12</Data> 
      <Data>NVRM: Graphics TEX Exception on (GPC 0, TPC 0): TEX NACK / Page Fault</Data> 
      <Binary>0000000002003000000000000D00AAC0000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000</Binary> 
      </EventData>
      </Event>
    There is definitely something weird with these drivers

Below is a list of the tools I have running when this happens

- G-Sync monitor swift
    - SLI enabled
    - 144 Hz
    - Steam, Hwinfo, Msi Aftberburner and riva tuner, Keepass, thunderbird, google chrome, notepad++, windows 8.1 64-bit

Up to 3 gpu reboot just on Desktop as of writing

20. Yopfraise

Yopfraise Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI Suprim X 4090
    Nah, Afterburner wasn't launched.
    Thanks for assistance though :)