nVidia GeForce 352.86 WHQL driver

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by FDisk, May 18, 2015.

1. FDisk

FDisk Guest

GPU:
    ASUS STRIX GTX970 OC 4GB
    Yea, I'll take minor artifacts here and there over black screen crash anytime.
    I haven't seen artifacts with any of the latest drivers, it actually looks like that something was changed in the driver so when the artifacts might appear instead of showing them the TDR kicks in. But instead of recovering the driver it just black screens.
    The black screen is actually a BSOD btw. You just don't see it because.. well the graphics card itself crashes.

But you can read it after restart with "BlueScreenViewer" if you have a minidump enabled.
    It is a Kernel + Nvidia driver crash.

2. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    Ha, now its Dirt4 that shows up in baseprofile @ 350.xx imported profiles :grin: going to revert that one now..

EDIT: all is ok now, base profile is clean once I restored Dirt4, exported new 352.xx, reverted all profiles to default and imported back 352.xx profiles.

Last edited: May 18, 2015
  3. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    ^
    Did you try demo mode too? not actual benchmark.

Anyway I will see in COD BO2 @ DSR 2880x1620, that stresses gpu to the max all the time.. I remember one leaked windows 349.xx driver downclocked there, while regular geforce were fine.

4. Yopfraise

Yopfraise Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI Suprim X 4090
    I guess there won't be any Project Cars optimisation then ...
    I'm a little bit disappointed :(

5. srimk

srimk Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 970 Gaming
    Hi.

Yes, it's true, very dangerous driver for me too.
    In game, I heard strange noises of electricity of my CPU, GPU and my PSU (Antec), this had never happened to me.
    I would not be surprised that people lose their GPU after installing this driver.
    I specify that my GPU is OC manufactured, it may be related.

Sorry for my bad English.

6. BNSoul

BNSoul Active Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte WF 660 Ti OC 3GB
    err... then tell me why 347.88's don't ever crash even if you overclock the GPU on top of the already factory overclocking, everything in the same "dirty" and "weak" PC us peasants have, thanks in advance master guru.

7. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    Well no issues with factory OC here, COD BO2 stable like usual, but I noticed these heat more.. 3-4C

8. Singleton99

Singleton99 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3080 12gb
    Quick update , i ran Firestrike , firestrike extreme and sky diver all full versions , no overclock on the cards only the factory one , Cpu overclocked as always.

No black screens experienced or driver crashes , i suggest that those that are having these problems may want to start looking elseware for faults or maybe it's just that my setup isn't affected atm.

9. srimk

srimk Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 970 Gaming
    You are not obliged to insult people.
    I know how to build a PC, I do it for years, and I always installs a new driver by removing the old with DDU.
    I just share my experience after installing this driver and everything is back to normal with the old.
    The future will tell whether some people will damage their GPU like that was already the case with some driver.

10. Piet1702

Piet1702 Guest

GPU:
    GTX 980
    Maybe because the new 352.xx driver uses the GPU better, more efficient and so on. When I'm reading some posts above, that some would handle with artifacts in game, thats the reason why you get crashes. Clocking the card to the top max can't be stable. 50 Mhz more or less doesn't matter. If you get crashes with both of the last 2 drivers and others don't, i think the problem is up to you and not the faults of nvidias driver.

11. FDisk

FDisk Guest

GPU:
    ASUS STRIX GTX970 OC 4GB
    What he hears is the GPU's coil whine it's not really damaging or dangerous. It just means that the GPU is under heavy load.

While some people overreact here and think their systems going to explode (most likely they will not) you should really stop telling people they are full of crap. We are all happy that you have a high ASIC card and everything is stable for you.

Rolling back to pre 35x.xx drivers solves most of the crashes with factory overclocked cards. So there actually might be some issue with the driver and lower ASIC cards that makes them unstable at their factory clocks.

12. maur0

maur0 Master Guru

GPU:
    point of view gtx 570 1gb
    this driver is more faster then 348.10 and 348.07

13. A49ER08

A49ER08 Member Guru

GPU:
    evgaRtx3080XC3Ultra
    can people who are having crashes explain in what fashion?
    is it during a gaming session? or just idling at your desktop?

I'm going to test by running total war attilla on max to see if I crash.

14. Vidik

Vidik Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1070 Gaming Z
    Same here, it doesn't seem to install or work properly on W10. DDU and safe mode doesn't help either.

It shows GPU in the devise manager but with an exclamation mark (Code 43: Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems)

15. Odellot

Odellot Guest

GPU:
    TUF RTX 4090 FO48U
    So Far no Problem for me aside from G-Sync Led Bug of ROG Swift when in Desktop Mode..

Here's my results in Firestrike and 3DMark 11 Extreme..

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

16. szakh

szakh Guest

GPU:
    GTX980ti EVGA SC+@1501Mhz
    Thanks for the advice, but this PSU is alright, and by the way a great PSU... 2 years ago I was using the same PSU with a GPU/CPU combo which needed more power but this PSU was also far enough (just enough i fact :) ...).

For years I convince myself that you don't need a none fanless PSU as soon as you only use one GPU, not use incredible OC and don't live in a hot country... Thanks for your advice which is really really relevant, but I know this part of the problem :)

No, really as soon as I was back to the 347.88 is was able to reapply a gentle Oc on the GPU without any issue... This really is a driver issue for me !(

17. szakh

szakh Guest

GPU:
    In my case, idling in desktop, watching a video on youtube... Nothing recuiring too much power...

18. harkinsteven

harkinsteven Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3080
    Just blackscreened again using chrome. Clearly something not right about these drivers.

19. A49ER08

A49ER08 Member Guru

GPU:
    evgaRtx3080XC3Ultra
    kk.. just ran 15 minutes of total war attila on ULTRA settings
    no issues...

20. szakh

szakh Guest

GPU:
    Thanks... You are refreshing :) ... Intelligence and courtesy are always welcome :)

And yes, I am pretty sure that this is possible to crash a GPU with a drivers... Imagine the GPU going 99% during hours, it will overheat and shorten it's life... It makes sense for me... If not, why paying so much for better coolers on our GPU/CPU... Really...

And for poeple loving to hear fan noise when they play OK, OK, if you like it :) ... For me the real luxe is this : http://www.deltatronic.de/en/