Project Cars INFERIAL performance

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by klaupe, May 7, 2015.

1. Prefix

Prefix Member Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire R7 260X 2GB
    Nvidia is not going to advertise that they intentionally cheated.

They still claim having less rops, cache, vram & bandwidth on the 970 was a feature.

What is this file?
    PhysX3Gpu_x64.dll
    [​IMG]

People got banned for bringing issue up.
    http://forums.anandtech.com/showpost.php?p=37390668&postcount=179

Last edited: May 17, 2015
  2. gmb

gmb Guest

GPU:
    GTX 960

No there isn't.

3. Spets

Spets Guest

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    I can't seem to recreate those performance differences, to me it looks like there is no GPU acceleration.

Posts like this however have me believe AMD have fixed their DX11 multithreading in Win10 drivers but not 8.1

In win10 that puts AMD on par with Nvidia.
    Kind of looks like people are trying to find a scapegoat for what looks like driver issues.

4. Prefix

Prefix Member Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire R7 260X 2GB
    Its bottle-necking Nvidia cards as well but worse on AMD.

Read my posts above for proof of GPU acceleration theres even DLL's loaded into game named PhysX3Gpu_x64.dll

Go ahead delete that DLL if you want since "its not using it"

5. gmb

gmb Guest

GPU:
    GTX 960
    On Windows 10 there is still a big gap to Nvidia but it's much better there of course. MT wasn't fixed the last time I tried. All the benchmarks didn't use DX11MT nevertheless, so it's not the cause.

This is a lie, there aren't loaded into the game. You could delete them and nothing happens.

6. Prefix

Prefix Member Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire R7 260X 2GB
    PhysX3Gpu_x64.dll

Plus all the gameworks **** cranking up tessellations on things you don't see.

7. N0bodyOfTheGoat

N0bodyOfTheGoat Member Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Nitro R9 390 8GB
    Since ObscureangelPT posted some of those benchmark graphs, we discovered that for some of them, a replay was being benchmarked rather than real-time racing.

In replay mode, as far as I'm aware, replay mode does not use the CPU intensive physics. This will give higher fps for most users.

8. ObscureangelPT

ObscureangelPT Guest

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1650 Supe
    I'm going to test the performance, and i will let you know something.
    But if i don't find any difference, can you actually shut up about this?
    Its because everyone is confirming that it doesn't use Physx, and they are confirming that nothing happens, and yet you trust on random benchmarks and people trying to find a escape goat for the driver problem, putting again the blame on CPU PhysX.

Can we do that?
    If it uses PhysX the difference it will be noticable, its a mere dual core at 2.3GHZ

9. gmb

gmb Guest

GPU:
    GTX 960

This is not in use. Also there is no Tessellation nor other Gameworks effects. Could you stop lying finally?

10. ObscureangelPT

ObscureangelPT Guest

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1650 Supe
    Ok, i tested, but i didn't bring proof beside my word, cause i already proof to you that the game don't use any physX
    And yet, we have people here with GTX 960 and 750TI that confirm that PhysX its on in use.

I didn't notice any performance difference, and yes, that DLL is not in use.

Now what? are you going to put the blame on GW where the drivers on W10 are at the same level as nvidia?

11. dottorfoggy

dottorfoggy Guest

GPU:
    980Ti
    dont know, but this game have an ******* optimization, sorry

12. ObscureangelPT

ObscureangelPT Guest

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1650 Supe
    What about with w10?

13. Prefix

Prefix Member Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire R7 260X 2GB
    You haven't proved anything I proved DLL's loaded into the game for GPU physx of course deleting it wouldn't do anything for me.

Physx site even lists it as GPU accelerated.
    http://physxinfo.com/index.php?p=gam&f=gpu

Benchmarks from Nvidia users confirmed it as well.

14. ObscureangelPT

ObscureangelPT Guest

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1650 Supe
    Jesus, you don't even saw my posts decently?
    I have an nvidia and i am claming that the game don't use PhysX on GPU.
    I have even the notification that runs on CPU.

I benched with forced to the GPU and CPU and i got none of difference in performance.
    At least 2 more people in this thread have nvidia and claimed that the game only use PhysX on CPU and they gain 0FPS from forcing on GPU or CPU.

You didn't confirmed nothing, 0!
    The only thing you confirmed is that there is a PhysX_GPU.DLL there, and in fact its not used by the game either you have nvidia or AMD

It could had been used while in developing, and that link for that website you left here is outdated (PhysXinfo), cause it says that Project Cars is in development, the game is already launched.

You left no source in your graphics benchmarks you left here, the only proof you left was a topic where a guy had problems with the game and claimed that activated physx gave him extra FPS, there is no proofs besides that.
    And guess what, a Steam Forum were half of the people there is just retarted and completly cluess about anything related to HW.

Be stubborn whatever you like, but AMD now is performing on pair with nvidia in the new drivers, nothing is making it perform bad, neither your imaginary PhysX GPU, neither GameWorks.
    Nothing.
    So this AMD drivers on W10 just proofs that the problems were AMD Drivers which you are in denial try to put the blames on Nvidia.

This thing of Nvidia Evil and being the case of all GW games running bad as to end.

15. Prefix

Prefix Member Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire R7 260X 2GB
    You didn't even say a source and I did source my benchmarks. I listed the forums of the users who did the benchmarks your jsut a liar claiming it.

Do a benchmark and show us.

Physx site says its gpu accelerated, benchmarks confirm its gpu accelerated, forums people are saying its gpu accelerated, the pcars devs said "Physx runs on CPU for AMD" implying it was gpu accelerated on Nvidia.

16. ObscureangelPT

ObscureangelPT Guest

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1650 Supe
    I didn't showed a proof to you?
    Whats that OneDrive link then?

In what land this proofs anything? He made 2 different runs/laps
    I can be in first place or last place and having the double of the FPS i got on the first run/lap where i was more close to the AI cars.

Hoo and ofc i am the liar.. Like if anybody here is paying me to defend any brand.
    Well i must be very unbusy to be lying on the internet.
    Its nice to be paid this way.
    I get out of the bed for benchmark what you clamed to give you a nice, fair and friendly answer, i benched, i saw 0 improvements, i left the answer here, 2 more people which i don't know from nohere from Guru3D benchmark it with their nvidia hardware claming that they didn't get any improvement either. and i get called a liar.
    Awesome...

Look, I have an AMD and i game mainly on my AMD setup, i don't even game on my laptop
    Cause i don't put the blame on nvidia on this and instead i put the blame on AMD drivers which actually have fixed this game with the 15.1023, i am a liar?

3 People that are experience, not 1 random guy on Steam Forum, and an idiot with 2 different runs/laps.

Outdated website still says the game is in developing.
    One guy with 2 runs in 2 races/laps that can go way different.
    1 Guy on Steam Forum claimed it and left no proof beyond its reply in the same way your first post was when you sayed the game had GPU accelerated PhysX
    Yes it runs on CPU, the same way it runs on CPU on nvidia.
    The same way PS4 announced years ago that planetside 2 will use Nvidia PhysX and people were expecting to see PhysX advanced effects.

Guess what. 0 Special effect, only the basic CPU Stuff

I guess i will just agree to disagree with you, cause i am just sure it don't use PhysX on GPU, and you are sure in your way that it uses.
    Then keep your claims and thougths to your self, i will keep mine, unless you want this thread more de-railed than actually is.

The day i see anyone with a serious proof of this in this fórum or in whatever place it is, or the day my nvidia runs that game on the GPU showing 1 or 2 fps of advantages, then in that day, i will come here and say you were right.
    But right now i won't do it, there is no serious proofs and i can't see them too on my nvidia system.

Sorry.

17. Prefix

Prefix Member Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire R7 260X 2GB
    That video was intentionaly designed to lie. You didn't benchmark the game you posted a video showing the game with GPU accel on in Nvidia CP you didn't show a video with GPU forced on CPU on Nvidia CPU because you tested it and knew it lowered performance.

If you think showing me a video with Physx on GPU is proof of benchmarking both your a liar.

You didn't benchmark **** you claimed you did and the video in that link doesn't show anything other than you launching the game.

Turn physx to CPU only launch pcars. Turn it to GPU accelerated and launch pcars and show us the benchmarks.

Every single forum from anandtech, hardocp, reddit etc has proven the game runs GPU physx I even pointed there are physxgpu.dll's loaded into the game.

I am on 15.1023 they are not fixed its not anywhere near what performance I had on older versions of the game.

multiple benchmarks from multiple forums.

All physx websites and even the project cars devs mentioned it.

Its GPU accelerated that is a fact.

You intentionally showed your video only showing with it turned onto GPU after I explicitly stated to force physx to CPU on nvidia CP and you call it a benchmark that's proof enough to show your a liar.

You didn't just accidentally leave that part out you intentionally did it to lie.

I wouldn't except anything else from anyone defending Nvidia. People have been defending Nvidia's bull**** for too long and it makes me laugh that you will sit here with a straight face and say that Nvidia is honest and blame AMD.

18. ObscureangelPT

ObscureangelPT Guest

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1650 Supe
    Neither Nvidia is not close to be honest and neither AMD is a saint.

I will upload another vídeo with CPU and GPU and you will get your own conclusions alright?
    Well and guess what 1023 didn't game me something altough W10 with 1023 gave me much, the earlier version of the game runned the same way for me as this one.

In 1 or 2 hours (i just have a slow internet) you will have that vídeo with another link, alright?

LOL designing a vídeo to lie, while i could be in the bed, no words to describe your atittude, but ok.
    BTW i was not defending nvidia, if nvidia in fact run PhysX on GPU i would be pissed off, but it don't happen.

BTW look the dev of project cars is saying that they only use CPU PhysX
    https://steamcommunity.com/app/234630/discussions/0/613957600545711655/?insideModal=1

Let me guess this vídeo was designed to lie.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vb5qRJG0zFo

Everytime you say that you remind me of Irish :D
    https://youtu.be/CrtwqDt0IEk?t=37s

Video uploading.

19. SMS PC Lead

SMS PC Lead Guest

GPU:
    Titan X SLI
    This is correct - force CPU Physx on an NVIDIA card and measure. If Physx was a huge performance metric on PC please explain how consoles with half the CPU clock rate (1.6/.7 ghz) and much less IPC *and* less than half the GPU cores of high-end PC parts could run Physx so well.

20. PrMinisterGR

PrMinisterGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 3090
    Unless they do some weird particle sh*t with Physx, it doesn't seem that it changes anything, since if I lower the graphics settings the fps skyrocket. The great killers (measured) are the grass and the track detail, that's it.