Star Wars: The Old Republic

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Sneakers, May 29, 2010.

1. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    So how is 3.2 Rise of the Emperor? Anarion? hmmm? :)

2. COD4000

COD4000 Member

GPU:
    Nvidia 4090
    I've come back to this to level with the 12X exp boost and getting crashes all the time too. Although with mine the screen just kinda goes grey likes it lost signal or something. Only does it in this game and occasionally in Dota too. So I assumed it was the 350.12 drivers. So i went back to 347.88 back still does it with that driver.

Gonna reset my overclock and see if its that. But I only have the problem with these 2 games, everything else is fine including GTA5.

3. Angantyr

Angantyr Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070 Super X
    Returning player, thought I'd pop back into the game now that the Revan expansion has gotten some more content. Does anyone know if its possible for me to get temporary subscription status? Or is that only possible by buying a month?

Also, has anyone tried to use V-Sync with forced Triple Buffering as a solution to the game temperatures?

Last edited: May 15, 2015
  4. DualCORE1

DualCORE1 Guest

GPU:
    XFX 295x2
    so is this game still worth playing and are most people playing free2play version?

5. Anarion

Anarion Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 3060 Ti
    It's a smallish new area, lvl 60 dailies/weekly stuff after completing the story. Travel changes are nice and the new outfit system works pretty well.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

You are overclocking too high. You need to limit P00 power state to avoid voltage dropping too much in light load situations. I had TDR's like crazy in this before doing that. COD4000 has the same problem.

I'm not sure that you mean with that but I do use v-sync. The built in v-sync uses triple buffering (if you play in borderless mode windows 8.1 will force triple buffering if you use vsync anyway afaik).

Last edited: May 15, 2015
  6. Angantyr

Angantyr Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070 Super X
    It wasn't a big issue, just didn't recall that the game could ramp up such a temperature on the GPU, turned out I hadn't activated V-sync. After that was activated, things got stable. And I'm back enjoying my Assassin tank :nerd:

Last edited: May 16, 2015
  7. Angantyr

Angantyr Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070 Super X
    If anyone is playing on the Red Eclipse server, want to team up for the Gree event or Hard Modes and such? In the time where I've been gone from the game, I'm no longer in a guild ( Obviously kicked for in-activity ) and seems my friends list is full of in-active players.

8. Anarion

Anarion Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 3060 Ti
    Ahh... NVIDIA finally fixed FXAA+MSAA issue in SWTOR (and I assume this is fixed in other games that had the same issue too) even though ManuelG said at one point that it will not happen. Very nice surprise. Alpha texture aliasing can be rather annoying in this game.

[​IMG]
    FXAA handles the foliage nicely. TrMSAA doesn't work and TrSSAA causes graphical and performance issues.

Last edited: Jun 1, 2015
  9. Angantyr

Angantyr Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070 Super X
    Knights of the Fallen Empire expansion revealed, coming 26th October ( Free for subscribers )

10. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    Anarion, I am thinking about installing SWTOR again, I like the game but! I've watched a video on youtube about the current state of SWTOR and the dude was saying that queuing for end game PvE content takes forever, even as a tank. I can't even imagine how bad this would be playing DPS if it's true. Can you confirm this?

11. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    That was pretty awesome.

12. Angantyr

Angantyr Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070 Super X
    Anarion? Anywho, Its been quite a while since I played it. But I always return to the game whenever new content arrives - But when I did play the game, I was a heavy user with literally all content done and experienced. There was a HUGE difference in queue time for PvE content dependent on your role. But as it is with the majority of MMOs out there, if you want to try the end game content, getting into a guild or community with arranged " raid " dates helped a huge deal.

13. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    Anarion is the guy above your previous post haha.

Ok, thanks for the info. Might just roll a tank, never tanked in a MMO. I have a max level healer on SWTOR, even raided with here when the game launched, remember smashing out the leveling and then raided with a guild, I don't care what people say, the raids were pretty fun in SWTOR. Funny enough, I find the leveling itself to be quite tedious. Specially some of the worlds just drag and drag... too long.

14. harkinsteven

harkinsteven Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3080
    There is some sort of event they are holding were you get x12 the XP to level up quickly.

http://www.swtor.com/blog/epic-story-xp-boost

Last edited: Jun 16, 2015
  15. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    Ah, nice one, thanks mate. Sounds good to me, I'll smash through the levels quick then. Good times.

16. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Ti
    Yeah i might reinstall as well, but i'm very tight on my HDD's as i'm also very tempted to reinstall ESO.

17. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    TESO will eat more HDD space. And leveling is loooong.

18. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Ti
    Haha yeah it does, i do have the space, but it's on my super slow HDD. :(

Should have bought the 250gb samsung ssd, as it was only 30 euro more then 120gb version.

19. Anarion

Anarion Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 3060 Ti
    It's really nice way to experience all those different class stories.

20. Anarion

Anarion Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 3060 Ti
    Hmm... It looks like the new expansion will change things a lot, A LOT.

By the way, if someone wants to give SW:TOR a try here's my referral link: http://www.swtor.com/r/Hyd7G7 Applies to new and old subscribers who have been unsubscribed for 90 days or more. AFAIK old subs that use the ref link get 7 days sub time and some other goodies. New players get something too, I'm not sure about the sub time.

Last edited: Aug 2, 2015