Tom Clancy The Division Gets Delayed to 2016

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, May 14, 2015.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    Ubisoft has delayed the release of Tom Clancy's The Division to 2016. Tom Clancy's The Division will arrive in Ubisoft's 2016 fiscal year, which ends in March 2016. In addition to this, Rainbow Six...

Tom Clancy The Division Gets Delayed to 2016

2. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    They delayed the game so that we could have the best experience possible. LOL

3. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    This is a lot of work for an online only game. They must be banking on it to revolutionize mp if they're going to this much effort.

The thing that is most concerning is that they're having to bring in additional help to complete it. I mean, if its just some simple cover shooter, then whats the hold up? It cant be gfx, unless they're doing a PC version and a separate console version. Though when was the last time they did that? Rainbow 6 series before the release of the PS360?

With CDP (rumored) having to scale down previous builds of W3 to accommodate the PS4/x1, i doubt The Division is going to be a show case title for the consoles unless they have Sony/MS help to tap that power thats normally reserved for first party titles.

Im worried that too many chiefs (and indians in this case) is going to seriously hurt the end product. That wouldn't surprise me though, the last game that ready to be released and working day 1 from ubi, was Blood Dragon.

Last edited: May 14, 2015
  4. qqryq

qqryq Active Member

GPU:
    GigabyteGeForceGTX970 OC
    They are delaying these games, but not another crappy Assassin Creed... How many more of this ****ty series they are planing to release? 50-60???

5. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    Turns out they have high hopes for this game. They probably want to do this right...

6. vajoiner

vajoiner Guest

GPU:
    Mystique G200
    its fine with me and i can wait but this game seems really f'ng cool and i want to play it now!

7. moab600

moab600 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY 4090 XLR8 24GB
    There is no logic in your sentence, since UBISOFT can't do ANYTHING right, the only exception was like said before Blood Dragon.

8. Fox2232

Fox2232 Guest

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    I liked game from day trailer (gameplay) got out.
    But It was not revolution, it reminded me of Full Spectrum Warrior where you control 4 man teams, moving them from cover to cover, giving special orders, ...

Division just made it into 4 people fluidly controlling 4 separate game entities with a lot of abilities in considerably more interesting environment.
    I hope for beta or something where I can do some mess online. Idea of one team having to interrupt mission of another is nice, it makes environment pretty alive.

9. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    I think its just that, gfx are demanding and to play ok you need at least high end gk110 / 290x for sure... and that is still a bit overkill for the masses, that and win10 dx12

10. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    That makes no sense though. Ubi, outside of Nvidia features, doesnt add any pc specific upgrades. Theres no way that they're going to start now and theres no way they'll go and make the pc version better while releasing it at the same time as the consoles, of which arent getting an upgrade anytime soon.

And from what little i've seen, the Division is nothing spectacular, so i doubt it will need decent hardware. Also, I'd say its safe to assume going by ubis history, that what we've seen so far is no longer the actual visual standard.

11. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    What makes no sense, look at what kind of gfx fidelity it has..

ACU looks half advanced as this Division and ACU needs at least 780GTX/R9-290 to play somewhat maxed.

12. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Yeah, because its unoptimized.

13. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    Thats where good optimization comes in. Maybe even DX12 support? :)

14. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    So if it has lots of gfx intense moments (for example DOF cutscenes @ max gpu usage) its now unoptimized, makes sense now :p

15. omnivore

omnivore Guest

GPU:
    GTX 970
    I think possibly they are taking note of Rockstar's recent GTAV and they are releasing a full PC version at the same time. Originally the game wasn't even to release on PC and everyone flipped. I think bigger companies are finally taking note of it even though PC still represents a smaller portion of the market. You also make a lot of assumptions in your statement. Why wouldn't they release a full upgraded PC version at the same time as the console? to stagger sales? Maybe.

They've also made a big deal of this companion play model with tablets, I'm sure this is something that also proposes it's own difficulties.

The division is nothing spectacular? *ahem* what? The gameplay trailers look amazing. Snowdrop looks amazing. the Environments look amazing. UI looks interesting. the open world mission gameplay seems interesting.

maybe give a try at not being so negative about things you don't even know to be true yet.

16. Prince Valiant

Prince Valiant Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 ti
    Watch Dogs, is that you?

17. ScoobyDooby

ScoobyDooby Guest

GPU:
    1080Ti & Acer X34
    What I don't understand is why this is so predictable these days.

I mean, is there a single higher profile game that has a release date that is actually kept anymore?

Every frigging game it seems announces a delay. Why even bother setting such an unrealistic launch date if all you're going to end up doing is delaying it? It makes no sense to me.

Why not just say "the game is in development, but we are not yet able to provide a accurate date and once we are further into development, we will announce a date at this time"

I just fail to see the point in how some of this stuff continues to happen within the games industry. It smacks of amateur hour when I read stuff like this all the time with supposed top-tier development studios / publishers.

18. Denial

Denial Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080
    Because then you get the HL3/Valve effect, where everyone complains about lack of a date. Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

19. ScoobyDooby

ScoobyDooby Guest

GPU:
    1080Ti & Acer X34
    To be fair, I don't think HL3 is a fair "title" to use for that argument, however in despite that, I do get your point

20. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    Or to create a hype..

Well visually it does look nice, especially forest part, that real smoke/shadow lighting looked great too, hopefully they're gonna keep it that way otherwise fu ubisoft lol