AMD Catalyst 15.x Win 8.1 MOD (15.200.1018.1 April 1)

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by vinyl, Apr 19, 2015.

1. theoneofgod

theoneofgod Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 8GB
    Vbs drivers are on the first page of this thread with VSR
    Same drivers.

2. Passus

Passus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4070 Gaming X
    to stop the control centre installing on every boot you just need to delete the folder ccc2 from C:\AMD

i did try this driver but its not worth the hassle on win 8.1, lower performance in most games

thanks however

3. Romulus_ut3

Romulus_ut3 Master Guru

GPU:
    NITRO+ RX5700 XT 8G
    My bad :bang: With all the driver threads, I got confused. But are these the same drivers that doesn't provide any DX12 acceleration on Windows 10?

4. Vbs

Vbs Guest

GPU:
    Asus Strix 970, 1506/7806
    Hey guys.

Some clarification:

Driver install needs to be exactly done like this, otherwise windows will always revert to the standard VGA adapter:
    The .INF is currently for Windows 8.1 only. If you wish to add support for Windows 7, just do this:
    Edit: Uploading again with a new .inf to support all windows x64 versions from Vista to 10, https://mega.co.nz/#!j0VyEYqB!vOXasR4aB0BWnrLYx52LehYDbeJrB825dihS2RM05oc

While I'm at it, I'll see in detail what changes may exist between my driver and the OP.

Edit 2: Infs are almost similar and both drivers should be the same in games. As for other differences, I've signed the system files to prevent windows from not loading the drivers due to the lack of a digital signature and kept the Accelerated Parallel Processing OpenVideo Runtime that came with the original drivers, the OP removed it. I've also removed the annoying "(Engineering Sample - WDDM v2.0)" after GPU names, but that's just cosmetic.

Last edited: May 12, 2015

5. jeckop

jeckop Guest

GPU:
    2xR9-290-H2O@1100/1400
    Hey guys I've installed windows 10 tp and it downloaded latest drivers from the update, is it fine that I don't have any crossfire option in ccc?? Is crossfire disabled in windows 10 or there is something wrong with my system?

6. sammarbella

sammarbella Guest

GPU:
    290X Lightning CFX (H2O)
    W10 is buggy as last AMD drivers, sometimes CC don't load for me and i need to reboot to be able to load it.

If i wait after boot for a couple of minutes it seems to load properly, crossfire is working here in W10 and 0401 drivers (last ones).

7. d875j

d875j Guest

GPU:
    X2 R9 390 Dual GPU
    Any modded W10 driver released yet? The 1 on here sucks lag fest. I really want to take advantage of 10.

8. PrMinisterGR

PrMinisterGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 3090
    Isn't this the driver that makes Project CARS 50% faster? Where is it slower? Is it on Win10 that it is slower? I'm actually using it as the day to day driver for my system with Win 8.1

9. sammarbella

sammarbella Guest

GPU:
    290X Lightning CFX (H2O)
  10. d875j

d875j Guest

GPU:
    X2 R9 390 Dual GPU
    Well i'm on 10 atm. But i didn't use these. But i was asking before i installed this on 10. Is this the latest modded driver? All i want is smoother GTA V and Project Cars. But i will install and see if it's better than what windows update installed on here.

11. d875j

d875j Guest

GPU:
    X2 R9 390 Dual GPU
  12. Garwinski

Garwinski Member Guru

GPU:
    XFX Fury X
    Wow. Just installed these drivers on my pc and played some Dying Light. Not only can I now play EVERYTHING on high(even draw distance maxed out, probably the setting that determines draw calls the most) without the FPS dropping under 40, it is also much smoother. I have followed this thread for a while and was glad to hear all about the improvements, but to experience them for yourself is something else! Here is hoping that 1023 will be modded soon, so that we will also probably have the optimized crossfire profiles voor GTA V and Dying Light! :D

13. lycanwrath

lycanwrath Member Guru

GPU:
    AMD RX480 8GB ref
    Hello,

Can anyone confirm that AMD GVR crashes with this Driver?
    Is there any fix for it? :)

14. PrMinisterGR

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 3090
    I don't know about the VGR, but speaking about weird video artifacts, with this driver I get weird colors and an green line on the top with some videos when watching with MPCHC and MadVR.

15. professionnal

professionnal Guest

GPU:
    r9 295x2
    hi :)

I have installed this driver but i dont have "freesync" option in CCC anymore :/

16. PrMinisterGR

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 3090
    Did you clean install it with DDU? If yes, then it probably doesn't support it yet.

17. sammarbella

sammarbella Guest

GPU:
    290X Lightning CFX (H2O)
    Did you get it before in the first place? :confused:

Are you aware that there is no crossfire support for Freesync yet and your 295X2 is basically two 290X GPUs crossfired?

If you disabled crossfire in your 295X2 completely and globally (and per game/application) MAYBE you'll "enjoy" Freesync with a Freesync monitor with your butchered 295X2 to a single 290X GPU.

Last edited: May 17, 2015
  18. professionnal

professionnal Guest

GPU:
    r9 295x2
    yes i get it , some games have some issues with crossfire so i disabled and activated freesync

Last edited: May 18, 2015
  19. vinyl

vinyl Active Member

GPU:
    RX 570 / 8GB
    quick updates to this thread..

-added new download links (hopefully this one will be perm)
    -added supported cards list

EDIT: officially decided against the idea/effort of "fixing" the all-gpu package with parts from the 1018's for way too many reasons..
    a. Amd should be soon releasing one before the end of year mark :thumbup:
    b. dont have the required testing platform, nor the time, for again what could be a wasted effort, not too mention supporting only one o/s.

Last edited: May 22, 2015
  20. jimaiwr

jimaiwr Guest

GPU:
    sorry for noob question

So I've just switched from green team and got the r9 390 yesterday.

How do I install this driver? though device manager it says i already have a newer one.

Also, is there a difference and if so what is the difference between catalyst, omega?

also so terms, CAP, WQHL ??? (drivers)

Man I am so confused.

I really want VSR on my 21:9 2560*1080, really disappointed as why it seems like it's not possible. They advertise it as if it's just like DSR and should work universally. Any way of getting VSR working on a 21:9?