The Witcher 3 Official Thread

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by sAAdC, Jan 10, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deathchild

Deathchild Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    Yeah, hope so.

2. millibyte

millibyte Maha Guru

GPU:
    Smoothbore125mm gun
    I'd like to see some reviews and benchmarks before the preorder window closes.

3. KrzYsieK8926

KrzYsieK8926 Guest

GPU:
    MSI HD 7770 Ghz Edition
    People criticizing graphics, you do know that CDP is relatively small company, right?
    The fact that they were able to bring Witcher 3 on three platforms, day one, for as many people as possible with (still) great graphics should make people happy. Of course they had to make compromises, but the game can be enjoyed by much wider audience. Most importantly gameplay was not changed, so the game is the same. Graphics don't make good RPG.

You expected that they invest all their money in a game that only small percent of only one platform could play?

Last edited: May 8, 2015
  4. Deathchild

Deathchild Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    Just buy it for 15$ off gog.com ukranian site (use hola ukranian proxy).

5. MikeG

MikeG Master Guru

GPU:
    Titan RTX
    If the foliage gfx quality is not as good as in Far Cry 4 could that be a disappointment? To me it could. And I think my system on the left should handle high settings so I can compare between the two games. Got the vid card mainly for Witcher 3.

6. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    thing is, when you ask a full price for something, nobody really cares how small the company is. Just saying. Them being small is not an excuse for anything.

Had they charged £15 for it, sure, I'd ignore many flaws because I don't expect a cheap game to have all the AAA attributes. Charge me £40, you have to deliver on all fronts.

7. Herbert0100

Herbert0100 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2 X 780ti 3gb
    I absolutely hate youtube compression, I watched a 4k project cars video on my Rog swift n it looked like 640x480 its awful. I should really download uncompressed videos to make judgement but its effort haha. Aside this game will be awesome, the gameplay is what i want. finally an rpg. only problem i have is that geralt for me isn't very likable, and in an rpg I prefer the whole. create and become something in the world rather than being established.

8. goat1

goat1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 4090 Strix OC
    I bought the witcher 2 extended edition last night. I'll give it a go tonight,if I like it,I'll get the witcher 3. Never played a witcher game before..

9. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    So are the team behind the metro series...

Also, no one whos criticized the visuals has said that gfx are what make an rpg good.

Why does this keep being used as some sort of defense. No ones played the game yet and as such, they've not criticized the gameplay, only the visual aspect. Where did this idea that anyone who says anything negative about the gfx is also impying that it affects the quality of the gameplay?

10. Agent-A01

Agent-A01 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 FE H20
    Im a graphics whore but foilage is uh the least of my concern.. Gameplay for the series is by far more important.

Besides, have they been saying this game is going to be the best looking game ever? I dont think so, i havent seen much hype about graphics

11. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    they have showed off many screenshots that looked better a year ago than they look now. I've read on this very forum that people are going to upgrade for this game.

Graphics is the least of my concern when it comes to TW3, trust me. I'm not a graphics whore at all. I just don't like the bait/switch thing. I don't care who does it, be it Ubi, EA, whoever. It's not cool.

My main concern is gameplay. I preferred TW1 to TW2 in this regard. I'm quite happy with them doing something different again with TW3, it might just work for me.

12. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    remember with the footage / screenshots they showed earlier on , they also said that it wasnt the ultra quality. they wanted to leave that for the release, to give the people "A slap in the face" kind of impression.

I still have some hope they will. even if you must use quad titans LOL

13. KrzYsieK8926

KrzYsieK8926 Guest

GPU:
    MSI HD 7770 Ghz Edition
    Comparing work needed to make linear shooter and RPG. Oh... OK.

I'm not saying anyone implying that, if you can't comment gameplay even after all gameplay videos, previews, interviews, then maybe just better shut up, wait till release and then do research if the game is enough shiny for you. In the meantime, if you really like Witcher, read a book. And you will have something to talk about, look at that. You're welcome.

14. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    Oh yeah, I forgot that the devs of linear shooters are part timers who just do it as a hobby, right?

15. Carfax

Carfax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac 4090 Extreme
    His point is relevant. You can't compare a corridor shooter like the Metro series to a game like the Witcher 3, which is a massive open world and nearly seamless game.

The fact that it's nearly seamless, means that loads of assets need to be loaded into RAM and VRAM all at once. With a game like Metro Last Light with various levels or stages, resource and asset management is undoubtedly a lot easier.

I think you guys are being unrealistic (or perhaps selfish) when it comes to graphics. Unless you want them to make a game that caters only to people with high end SLI/Crossfire setups, there is no way they can make it look as good as you want whilst remaining playable for people with low to midrange hardware plus console support..

16. KrzYsieK8926

KrzYsieK8926 Guest

GPU:
    MSI HD 7770 Ghz Edition
    Well, the story can be written by a child.

If You really think linear shooter needs the same amount of work, as a real, hardcore RPG... No comment.

@Carfax

I'm not even talking technical aspects.
    I meant "game" itself. All the text, descriptions, items, enemies, creating believable world (well, the world in this case is Sapkowski's, but you know what I mean), character development, balance, etc. You don't have these things in simple shooter.

17. rodrigoles

rodrigoles Master Guru

GPU:
    Rx 5600 XT
    Meh, there are some footage from youtubers(CDRED invited them to play and record it) running on ultra, some even show hairworks, doesn't look much better than rest of media we're already seen, foliage for example still looks bad.

It's better to not create expectations for ultra, and accept that it'll only be marginally superior than console versions, like 98% of the other games.

I just hope the performance is at least decent, since it's far from the next crysis benchmark people thought it would be.

18. RecluSe

RecluSe Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 980 SC/ACX 2.0
    There's footage out there using the Ultra preset from ImAnderZell https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F_eRUq1PQPE&hd=1 it's a youtube vid I know so not exactly the best way of judging IQ.

19. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    Thanks but i rather wait until someone on this forum with a great setup posts some images. :D

20. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    Please point me to the the exact sentence where I was talking about story telling. And yes, I think no matter what game you make, if you want to succeed, you need to put the effort in.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.