Project C.A.R.S - Community Assisted Racing Simulator

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Leviathan-, Nov 3, 2012.

1. F1refly

F1refly Ancient Guru

GPU:
    970GTX-oc edition
    That's AMD's problem and their problem is likely why some will buy Nvidia instead. If I was AMD i'd try harder to solve said problem by having my own program incentive with developers.

2. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    AMD performance across the board is good. 290/290x overall trade blows with equivalent Nvidia cards. No need to bash on AMD, there's nothing wrong with their performance. Only in this game, it sucks. Surely they'll fix it and everyone will be happy. Maybe an over hyped game with luke warm reception wasn't on top of their priorities. Then again, SMS took a nice bung from Nvidia so that could also explain that.

BTW, anyone noticed the cheaters on leaderboards? Day 1 and leaderboards are pointless.

Oh lol, pCARS 2 crowdfunding starting soon, looks like this will become the new CoD haha http://www.carthrottle.com/post/pro...l-be-crowdfunded-and-will-feature-rallycross/

Last edited: May 8, 2015
  3. dominant1

dominant1 Guest

GPU:
    Evga Gtx1070 Superclocked
    Hey Amd guys i have 3 gtx 570's laying around that i'll lend you til your company gets things figured out! Any takers?.....lol sorry couldnt resist!

4. Spets

Spets Guest

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    What proof is that, a twitter comment? I've replied when needed to and posted replies from NVIDIA as well as devs.
    So far all you have are conspiracies and opinions. But that's okay, keep believing what you want. Amd good, everyone else bad.

5. TR2N

TR2N Master Guru

GPU:
    AMD
    This is not the first or last time a developer has sided with one gpu manufacturer.
    And to be honest I am glad amd didn't donate to this game as looking at the menu screens are an abomination.

6. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
  7. macmac9

macmac9 Guest

GPU:
    Asus 280X
    Edit: Old, invalid info on how to get the bentley.

Last edited: May 10, 2015
  8. anxious_f0x

anxious_f0x Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF RTX 4090
    Is it just me or do developers of racing games put far to much time into making the car models look amazing while failing to put the same amount of love and attention onto the circuits?

Tracks look incredibly bland.

9. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    Tracks are just that. Tarmac, curbs and grass around them you know. I love that cold feel of a race track. It will not be any different in pCARS. Which I don't mind at all. TBH, when I race, I have my eyes on breaking points and the cars around me 90% of the time so the graphics don't matter to me at all.

So... who's going to crowd fund pCARS 2?

10. Monchis

Monchis Guest

GPU:
    GTX 950
    I don´t know who to trust. In shift 2 they were also saying that the wrong exposure bug was an AMD bug, but you could also get it in gt200. That game also performed poorly on AMD at launch though. Geforce side they also said that the flickering in some tracks was a driver problem, but never got fixed by anyone.

As for track detail, it gets utterly destroyed by Assetto and Codemaster´s ego, but I guess it´s just the nature of the beast, engine might need some foundation revamp.

11. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Personally, i spend more time (99%) looking at the road and when there, the cars in front of me. Dont really pay attention to the surrounding environment like hills, fences, grass and crowds. Imo, those three are not the least bit important. I dont see any of that stuff when racing. Racing games are probably the only games that i dont care about environment gfx. Just give me decent tarmac textures, physics, cars and weather effects and im happy.

I just wish that you could turn off crowds like you can with grass.

12. anxious_f0x

anxious_f0x Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF RTX 4090
    I completely agree with the fact that your focus should be on the track in front of you and I wouldn't want anything that detracted from the racing, just a little bit more of an atmosphere to the race weekends would be nice.

13. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    fair enough when you put it like that. Its part of the excitement isnt it.

Im still disappointed by the lack of cars. Im also one of those gamers that likes to pick a car and stick with it and feel like i can personalize it and make it mine, but Pcars really lacks that personal feel, like im just playing a demo or an unfinished game. If that makes sense.

14. drandiiski

drandiiski Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1060 6GB OC
    Agreed. I, as all racing fans should, prefer an accurate representation of the track, which pCARS has. The carnival that are GRID or SHIFT tracks is just stupid and distracting. Even on race days, when there is a lot going on the tracks it is mostly outside the view of the race drivers.

On the subject of the amount of cars – well, a good selection of well made cars is better than a huge one with sloppy execution. Example Assetto Crosa vs GT6. AC doesn’t have 1/10th of the GT6 cars, but when they are better in every way you just get more enjoyment out of driving them. Can’t really comment on the pCARS selection yet, as I’m still to drive them all and form an opinion.

15. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    good points^^

Is it me or did that latest patch today break AA. Last night at 1440p + MSAA i had no jaggies. Now i do along with shimmering.

Why is it every time i try to make a day of gaming, i sit down just to find somethings stopped working or bugged out by yet another patch.

That free Lykan Hypersport is pretty avg to drive with a controller. Ive an easier time with F1s. Still, much appreciated.

16. Akram

Akram Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire AMD R9 290 4 GB
    Thanks.

I turned off vsync and motion blur, looks better now. I expected screen tear on turning off vsync, but it didnt.

Can you tel me the differenc on this game and gta 5 with 15.4 beta driver vs the modified driver?

17. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    So for AA, I've had to turn on SMAA to Ultra to get rid of jaggies and 1440p as for some reason MSAA isnt working.

18. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    Maybe MSAA just isn't very effective in this game?
    (Shader aliasing, specular aliasing, temporal aliasing.)

I guess you could always use DSR or maybe the developers could patch in TXAA support but downsampling is going to have a pretty hefty performance hit and TXAA can be a tad blurry.
    (SSAA could also work quite well and would also work on older GPU's and on AMD GPU's compared to TXAA but again it would be pretty costly performance wise.)

19. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    The gameplay is solid here with a reasonably realistic and challenging driving model but performance wise this game is a disappointment, especially as the graphics really do not justify why I am unable to play this at a locked 60 FPS all the time. Trees are completely static and look pasted onto the backgrounds, grass looks absolutely terrible, like something from a Colin McRae Rally game circa 2005, and no matter what shadow or AA settings I use there is still lots of flickering and shimmering going on. The cars look great and I really like the cockpit view plus numerous camera angles. Sound is also beefy and effective.

I guess the driving model is what is important here and in the respect the game succeeds but the Career mode I am playing through at the moment is a bit dull and soulless so far. I guess that is to be expected but I was hoping for more sense of reward and some excitement. Winning races is a very underwhelming experience, there are no podium cutscenes or anything. I'm doing the Kart Season (obviously I wanted an easy introduction) and after the initial shock of controlling them being akin to driving a brick on ice I got used to them. The only problem is that the races themselves are boring, though thankfully short and I can see no way to exit that championship and join another short of starting a New Game. Is that what you're supposed to do.

One final letdown is the lack of proper control support in the menus. I am using the Xbox One controller and while it works brilliantly in the game for the driving, the menus are clearly designed with mouse navigation in mind because there are no controller button displayed at all. For example, in the Garage there is a View Info and Take Photo option on the right hand side of the screen but you cannot access them using the D-Pad or analogue stick. Instead you have to use the X and Y buttons but nowhere does it say that. You cannot even exit the game without using a mouse as it requires you to click on a small x in the top-right corner (which is easily missed if you're using a framerate overlay).

20. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    P.S. Forgot to mention I'm playing the game at 1920x1200 with maxed out settings and MSAA/Ultra SMAA.