Project C.A.R.S - Community Assisted Racing Simulator

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Leviathan-, Nov 3, 2012.

1. Akram

Akram Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire AMD R9 290 4 GB
    The CPU Usage does not stay still. It moves from 20% to 70%
    GPU Usage ranges from 50 to 70% and changes every second

Let me know how it goes with R9 290. Mine is terrible even at low settings

2. Radical_53

Radical_53 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3
    It really shouldn't do that. Hopefully AMD will come up with a good driver update soon. The consoles can run the game very nicely, so your desktop card should "normally" be able to do well too.

Oh ok. Glad you didn't buy AC then ;) It's no fast food. Each car feels unique, has great detail and sound.
    If you just want thousand variants of odd Japanese cars, or the same car over and over and over with new paint, GT5 or Forza would've suited you better for sure.

3. Deathchild

Deathchild Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    Hey Akram, install the vbs drivers, they have improved dx11 overhead/drawcalls.

4. mR Yellow

mR Yellow Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 Fury
    The game seems fairly smooth to me. I didn't run any FPS monitoring software. I just go by feel and frames seem very acceptable.

My settings:
    1440p
    FXXA: Medium
    Vsync: Off
    Blur: Medium
    All other settings maxed out.

I do noticed lower frame rates in the wet and night at the start with all the cars on the grip. Feels like it drops to the 30s.

I've stopped using Afterburner as i found it causes unwanted stutter in some titles.

5. Spets

Spets Guest

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Yet instead of blaming AMD for not getting their act together everyone wants to blame SMS/Nvidia, what a joke.

6. Akram

Akram Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire AMD R9 290 4 GB
    I am sorry, can u tell me what this is

It is acceptable but not reliable for a racing game. Check the fps with fraps or so, it goes below 25

7. Illyrian

Illyrian Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte 4080 Aero
    Just stop talking, you can see nobody is responding to you because you have no idea what you're talking about.
    You asked for some proof earlier, not that any of us needed too bother proving a subject that's common knowledge already, but some guy posted some links for you the other page back, and matter a fact the last few pages are littered with pieces of information about Gameworks and what's going on exactly in regards to the situation at hand.

And you conveniently ignore all of that and continue pushing your irrelevant opinion, like the crybaby at a party everyone is ignores. Go ahead cry yourself out, nobody cares.

8. Monchis

Monchis Guest

GPU:
    GTX 950
    Just in time :grin:

Btw, game scales down well to midrange nvidias... just turn down environment mapping. It works well with 1/2 vsync, at 74Hz I have a smooth constant ride under any conditions @1080p. Good job :)

Also I like the feel of the driving, specially the tires, very detailed simulation IMO the best.

9. johnnyman28

johnnyman28 Active Member

GPU:
    Asus R9 290 DirectCU II
    the perfomance is so bad with my r9 290..all ultra 1080p with no AA game runs at 25 fps...if it rains the fps dropped below 20.... O_0 so bad...even at medium..

10. Illyrian

Illyrian Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte 4080 Aero

I've had Asetto Corsa for a long time, I like it... it has similar performance issues with my hardware, but not as bad as Project Cars.
    And I've been handling Sim Racers just fine for a long time, the point I made about Project Cars not having a good car list is a legitimate point even if you don't agree.
    Especially when you consider in the advertising they made for the game which basically would have you assume you would have hundreds of cars from almost all forms of racing styles to choose from.
    Instead we don't even get a 100 cars, and pretty much no manufacturer cars.

I am sure I will not be paying another $50-$100 to buy all the future car DLC they will eventually give us just to have a complete game.
    That's the trend nowadays though, release game and finish it with DLC a year after.

Last edited: May 7, 2015

11. Agonist

Agonist Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900xtx Black
    It runs pretty bad on my R9 290 @ 1080p as well. All high settings SMAA low, DSX2. I avg around 30fps while racing with 9 cars.
    In the rain its worse at night. I get about 25 fps.

And tomorrow my 2560x1080 monitor arrives.
    Project Cars is the only game that trully rapes my 290.
    I managed 55fps avg in BF4 @ 5514x1050 ultra settings with 2XAA.

12. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    This sort of bad press is why people who are on the fence end up getting an Nvidia card, AMD have clearly considered this game not that important and put it down the priority list.

Definitely picking this up at the end of the month when i should be finished Witcher 2, not done as much testing as i thought i would over the last few years but the game is easily worth £20.

13. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    AMD are blaming SMS, SMS are blaming AMD. Why do you believe either? I don't believe either of them, I just look at the final product and the fact is the game runs a lot worse on AMD than it does on nvidia. It's SMS' job to release the game with good performance on both sides.

If I was launching a game, I would make sure both sides are equivalent, performance wise.

the discount code for the game you got from SMS has a time limit on it from what I understand, I'd check that if I was you, you don't want it to expire.

Last edited: May 7, 2015
  14. mR Yellow

mR Yellow Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 Fury
    Half lies and half truths.

See this post

http://forums.guru3d.com/showpost.php?p=5065388&postcount=6

15. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    Yeah, that lie about SMS not getting anything from nvidia for blatant advertising inside of their game, even on consoles... Do they think we're stupid?

The guy on Steam forums is Leviathan, I'd suggest you ignore everything he says, he's full of BS.

16. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
  17. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    Cheers, just checked and says "(Valid until 7/8/2015, 7:59:00 AM)" so i should be fine.

Yeah all from AMD, don't enable these guys to f*ck you over and shift the blame.

18. Deathchild

Deathchild Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    http://forums.guru3d.com/showpost.php?p=5053813&postcount=17

Here you go this driver, improves drawcalls/overhead by a quite fair amount, difference is definitely noticeable in dx11 games (gta v has become silky smooth for me, it's a different experience).

It's the win10 driver modded for win8.1.

19. TR2N

TR2N Master Guru

GPU:
    AMD
    This game reminds me of the fiasco between Carmack and rage engine developed with cuda support.
    We know this developer had been working in house with nvidia and now this developer too has followed the tradition.
    For me I'll keep away from this game for now.

20. johnnyman28

johnnyman28 Active Member

GPU:
    Asus R9 290 DirectCU II
    u recommend to install it?now i use 15.4 beta.