help please with gta v lag ??

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by muha13, May 1, 2015.

1. muha13

muha13 Guest

i have amd 8850 2gb GDDR5 , RAM 8 gb , processor i7-4500U ... the game is stuttering even if i play in normal everything in normal !! i tried to use radeonpro but i don't know actually how to use it and set good settings but when i use it i got in the game FPS from 20 - 30 .. whats the solution ?? its like running the game with the intel card and i think this is the problem because when i set gta.exe to run in high performance in amd catalyst control the game won't open so i have yo set it to power saving so i think thats why the game stuttering .. so whats the solution for this ??

**edit : i found in the settings file i found this <VideoCardDescription>Intel(R) HD Graphics Family</VideoCardDescription>
    </Settings>

the game is not running by amd card so thats the problem of stuttering

Last edited by a moderator: May 1, 2015
  2. muha13

muha13 Guest

its like i was talking to myself :(

3. onemoar

onemoar Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1060SC @2250/4550
    your computer isn't fast enough it doesn't even meet the minimum requirements there is nothing we can do

4. PrMinisterGR

PrMinisterGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 3090
    I don't have switchable graphics, but there is a lot of info in this Reddit thread.

5. muha13

muha13 Guest

@onemoar i can run the game even in high i know that i play battlefield hardline on ultra also i played watch dogs on high and alot of other games like far cry 4 on ultra

@PrMinisterGR thanks

6. onemoar

onemoar Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1060SC @2250/4550
    your computer is crap it will not run at more then 30FPS or so
    the fact that you are even getting 30FPS on normal tells me the switchable graphics is working fine you simply don't have the hardware

7. PrMinisterGR

PrMinisterGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 3090
    His CPU looks ok, and the GPU can do this.

8. Espionage724

Espionage724 Guest

If his claims of playing FC4 and BF:H on high at acceptable performance are true, then GTA V shouldn't be a problem.

9. prateek29c

prateek29c Guest

GPU:
    iGpu4400 + 8850M 2GBGDDR5
    Even I have this laptop and i can tell you , I can play all the games farcry 4, alien isolation, bf hardline on high and ultra settings without any issues. The problem with GTA V is , its running on intel GPU rather than AMD one so its lagging. I am still waiting for patch or drivers by AMD or rockstar to fix this issue :bang:

10. muha13

muha13 Guest

i can tell you that i can play the game with intel card 4400 and with radeonpro and i get 20-30FPS its kinda playable so of course with amd card i can play it in high and ultra and also i told you i run all games on ultra and high ... the problem is about switchable graphic not if i can run the game or not ... all gaming companies put the requirements for their games so high so people buy new cards so companies like nividia and amd make profit but the truth it the game is playable but of course if you have a good and decent desktop the game will run better but what iam talking about is the game is kinda playable even with intel card

11. prateek29c

prateek29c Guest

GPU:
    But thing is this game was not supposed to be played on intel igpus as they are not strong enuf. I know its quite playable but you cnt enjoy while playing. I wont play until its running on my dGpu bcazz i knw it will run well on atleast medium to high settings comfortably. I can enjoy then. I dont know whats the issue,. Maxpayne 3 with the same engine ran fine but dnt know why Rockstar messed up with GTA V.

12. muha13

muha13 Guest

yeah sure i cant enjoy while iam playing on intel .. we should wait for a fix from R* or AMD

13. onemoar

onemoar Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1060SC @2250/4550
    you people are ****ing stupid :bang:
    jesus BF:H and BF:4 are much much easier to run then GTA V
    GTA:V requires a lot of cpu power and lot of (fast)vram neither of which he has ... the 8850M underlocked 7750 and if he has the DDR3 version thats sans GDDR5 its gonna be even slower
    30FPS avg on "normal" at <900p is about the best you are gonna get

Last edited: May 3, 2015
  14. prateek29c

prateek29c Guest

GPU:
    Why stupid:bang: I gave example of battlefield 4, bh just to tell that this laptop is not that weak. I know very well that GPU inside is just a under clocked 7750 but I am not expecting this to to run GTA V on 1080p 60 fps. I know it will run on med to high settings <900p just fine probably getting 24-30 fps. And I am fine with that. But Since this game is not running on dGpu , we can't tell how it's gonna run :).

15. Romulus_ut3

Romulus_ut3 Master Guru

GPU:
    NITRO+ RX5700 XT 8G
    I believe AMD is working with Rockstar to resolve the issue you are referring to.

16. Romulus_ut3

Romulus_ut3 Master Guru

GPU:
    NITRO+ RX5700 XT 8G
    You don't even read, do you? The problem is, GTA V ignores the switchable graphics and runs the game on intel's integrated GPU. It's not a matter of how it performs, it's a matter of being able to use the switchable AMD graphics adapter.

Last edited: May 3, 2015
  17. DiceAir

DiceAir Maha Guru

GPU:
    Galax 980 ti HOF
    Wow nice calling people stupid whne you the one that can't read FFS. :earn to read a bit or go back to school

18. muha13

muha13 Guest

if you read my thread i think you will know who is stupid, i didn't ask if i can run the game or not, all i asked about is any solution for the problem switchable graphic problem, so if you don't have any solution i prefer to shut your mouth and don't call people you don't know stupid

19. primetime^

primetime^ Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire RX Vega 64
    just curious...how do you know for a fact its not using the amd gpu? can you post a screenshot using afterburner osd? not saying your wrong but im sure some might not be correct what hardware was actually getting used and it would confirm the problem

20. muha13

muha13 Guest

its a common problem look at this thread https://support.rockstargames.com/h...8668-GTA-V-on-Laptop-Issues-Intel-AMD?page=56

and also when i set the game to high performance it won't open but it open when i set yp power saving and also i use gpu z software and when i open the game the intel card working but amd card not working everything is in 000

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: May 4, 2015