I Will Never Buy Nvidia Card Again

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Spidey-At-3D, Sep 15, 2003.

1. Spidey-At-3D

Spidey-At-3D Guest

Longtime Voodoo user since the first Voodoo card.

Then started buying nV cards (GF3-Ti200 / GF3-Ti500 / GF4Ti4400 / FX 5900 Ultra).

From now on, i will only buy ATI cards

http://www.gamersdepot.com/hardware/video_cards/ati_vs_nvidia/dx9_rel50/001.htm

It's about time nVidia stop sacrificing image quality. It's pathetic when they look considerably worse and also considerably slower than ATI cards that's older. You will not get another dime from me nV.

2. Floruro

Floruro Guest

Yes

I wont say never, but my next card will definately be a Radeon 9800 pro or 9900pro(?). Even if Nvidias next card is good, i can see that so many people have wasted their money on a 5900 ultra, and basically for no reason, since the games they play today run just as good on my 4600 as their 5900`s. Some guys have real problems too, and they cant believe how smooth e.g. UT2003 is on my machine compared to theirs. I understand them getting really upset, because they wasted around 500$ (the price here), on something that gives them nothing. And maybe it never will, except for the Doom3 engine. No offense to the 5900 owners that are happy though.

3. Seal-ST6

Seal-ST6 Guest

Same here man, ATI for me. I'm gonna go looking for the Sapphire Ultimate Edition of the 9800 Pro with 256mb of RAM.

4. Spidey-At-3D

Spidey-At-3D Guest

Time to buy some stock in ATI

Their stock symbol is ATYT in case you are interested.

I can see their stock going up around Xmas season as games like HL2 are released.

5. Darthr

Darthr Guest

The only time I ever saw Nvidia start sacrificing image qaulity for performance was with the det 4x.xx drivers. Keep in mind all so that Nvidia has all ready pointed out the det 4x.xx series especially with there newer cards had problems. Wait till the release of the det 5x.xx series drivers start flowing out before making what sound like biased opinions to me, for they say these new drivers should fixed a lot of problems present in the det. 4x.xx series.

6. ugapug

ugapug Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 580 Classified
    And if you are buying an ATI card next.... see ya. Buhbye. Don't let the door hit ya where the good Lord split ya. You see, no one cares if you are leaving. Except maybe Nvidia.

7. ArChAnGeLv7

ArChAnGeLv7 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    eVGA nvidia 7800GTX 256MB
    Im also going with ATI next time. I dont care how great the next nvidia card is-they can fix every problem possible...im still getting ati...cant go wrong with them.

8. Roccer

Roccer Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 2080Ti XC ULTR
    to say nVidia will never regain the greatness that it had is niave and ignorant. yes, ATi is on top NOW, but you dont think nvidia wont be again?! its a leapfrog game with these companies. nVidia has a bump in the road (all be it a big one) but dont forget, this company, only 5 years ago was nothing and was trying to take on the biggest company in the industry (3Dfx). yeah, they have problems now, they have this new tech they are working on, plus they were trying to shrink core size in the process. that isnt exactly easy for engineers to do you know. add to that the rush to compete with ATi and the holiday season, and the rest is writing on the wall. everyone has problems at some point. the real test to all of this isnt HL2 or the det50s, its how the next set of cards (NV4X) performs. then you can start to say nVidia could be close to being finished. (however thats wholey unlikely due to their growing mobo line and now networking products soon to come.)

9. Spidey-At-3D

Spidey-At-3D Guest

Kids these days.

See what was actually tested

NVIDIA Detonator FX 51.75 Beta

Not 4X.XX driver. They test 5X.XX driver at the site. Please read before you defend nVidia. If you just want to be a fan boy of either ATI or nVidia, be my guest. I chose to look at the results.

10. Roccer

Roccer Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 2080Ti XC ULTR
    i looked at said results. i never mentioned the 40.xx drivers, first off. secondly , dont forget that these are BETA drivers. 3rd, i said forget about the det 50s and the current crop of stuff, ATi is performing better right now, that i wont argue over. BUT, i also said lets see how the next set of VIDEO CARDS, NOT drivers do, the NV4X series. then you can comment on nVidia's going down hill. im not being a fan boy just cause im "defending" them or cause i have a FX. all im doing is taking a caustic REALISTIC approach.

11. mpm

mpm Guest

My next card will be an ATI 9800np next week. As for the next card after that, it will be whoever has the best price/performance. If Nvidia and ATI are equal price/performance, I'd probably go with ATI again, as I've been put off by Nvidia's PR.

12. da3dalus

da3dalus Guest

GPU:
    HIS 5850
    way to go and make a rash decision based on ONE review using BETA drivers? Do you understand what beta means? NOT FINAL, in PROGRESS. Hell theres another thread in this forum stating the same ****, but my god at least wait for a real test with the REAL drivers before you start bashing. I mean who the F challenges to neck and neck industry performs but uses beta drivers with one, and approved drivers with another. Seems a little unfair eh? I'm not sayin det 50s are gonna fix everything, but lets at least make the playing field even.

13. lIqUI[]

lIqUI[] Guest

GPU:
    Asus GTX 680DCU II OC
    Why not post ATI propaganda in the ATI section?

14. da3dalus

da3dalus Guest

GPU:
    HIS 5850
    I think thats the most inteligent thing i've heard all day!

15. donk

donk Guest

i like nvidia.. but right now i need rock solid quality/performance for the moolah i'm about to dish out so ati is my next choice.

16. heffeque

heffeque Ancient Guru

GPU:
    nVidia MX150
    First thing: ATI propaganda in ATI section isn't a very intelligent thing to do, mainly because most of them ALREADY have ATI :rolleyes:

Second thing: I do know that nVidia will fix, maybe better, maybe worse, but in some way they will fix things so as HL2 and future games run a little faster. The thing is that what you've payed for a 5900 Ultra is 500$ and what I've payed for my 9600Pro is 140$ and they both perform more or less the same in dx9 games. Isn't that sh*tty? THAT'S why people are starting to even hate nVidia. For THAT price the dam cards shoud fly without ANY fixes and cheats and rubbish.

Last edited: Sep 16, 2003
  17. GrAC3R

GrAC3R Member

GPU:
    X800XT PE
    Oh no little Spidey from the Guru 3d forums wont be buying another Nvidia card how can we go on?? :rolleyes:

Here's some change bud, call someone that cares...

18. SkatanEric

SkatanEric Member

GPU:
    BFG Geforce 6800 OC
    alright i love how people just jump to conclusions based on BETA drivers that have specific optimizations for HALF LIFE 2......lets repeat that again ....... Beta drivers for what? Half life 2. These drivers are just for the companies that has their demo copy of HL2 and are gunna do benchmarking to use thoes drivers for the FX series cards. This doesn't mean everyone and their mom d/l them and benchmark them or compare them to every existing game. At least Nvidia is showing their progress and actually releasing Beta drivers rather then keeping everyone in the dark then magicaly poping out with some drivers when they HAVE to.(aka the games release) I'm sure the final product will have all the old crap right back in and the HL2 optimizations ... or DX9 optimizations they are implementing in there also. You jump the gun when this crap has only been out for less then a day.
    But also ATI will always be ahead with HL2 for the simple fact that they worked with Valve. They know all the ins and outs of the game. They can pop out a catalyst to make the game run like a dream. While nvidia has to wait for some kind of leaked or official release to get to them before they can add or change anything.

19. Doobz

Doobz Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX nVidia 6800 GT
    wow, look at all the sour nvidia users, wonder what's biting them?

some of you may take that as arrogant and elitist and not intelligent in the least, but i've made nearly 40 ****ing intelligent, long, thoughtful, researched, technical posts on the subject and have seen nothing but denial and some rather sorry excuses on the nvidia user's end, so i'm just gonna give up arguin with them, they can take my above statement and flame it all they want, i don't care

20. amakusashiro

amakusashiro Banned

GPU:
    two HD5770 in crossfire
    All of you look stupid,Nvidia and ATi lovers alike.Why not just choose the card that runs the games you like to play and forget about the other brand X.Why argue on here,its not even clean arguements with good points,and Ive yet to see any real games out on the market being mettioned in all this "beta driver" test......Does anyone here play any real games at all?Why not try something like Chaser,or Red Faction 2,Tron 2.0,Test Drive,some real games that look and play great.You can go out and buy any of the above right now,right along with Aquanox 2,Vice City,and others.